981 Spyder registered Oct 2015

JohnSyn

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

.......When he said how much I nearly kissed him!!

From what people usually say to me, I guess that would be normal practice for Boxster drivers. ;)

• 3 months later...
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, JohnSyn said:

I agree they are not the same. To be honest, as I've said, I see the latest 991s as more of a daily driver than a fun car but, for me, there is that devil on the shoulder nagging about the 911s.  The pre 997 cars are, to me, the real deal but I really want a car you just get in and drive. And I couldn't possibly think about a Singer!

Well...as Gorsh has mentioned, I've bitten the bullet on a 911 and have ordered a 991.2 GTS C4 Coupe which should be here early/mid May. I've loved the Spyder, it is truly a great car to drive and just to look at! However, life moves on and I want to experience 911 ownership and I think I've picked quite a good car to do that!

I've not yet finalised the trade in, for the Spyder,  with the OPC and expect to keep it a few more weeks. Its covered 6600 miles in 17 months so its not like the very low mileage cars that have been offered in the past. And thanks to you guys its had two oil/filter changes!!There are only 5 981 Spyders currently on the Porsche Pre-Owned Car locator so I'm pretty confident as to what I'm likely to get for the car.

John, the Spyder will be missed for its noise! But the replacement will be a nice car. What colour/spec have you gone for?

10 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Oh we will look forward to seeing this John, although the spyder will be a difficult act to top on sound, esp in a tunnel :D

That's right Bob..Didn't it sound great in that tunnel!!!

Expect to have the 991 for Beaulieu.

7 minutes ago, Ringer250 said:

John, the Spyder will be missed for its noise! But the replacement will be a nice car. What colour/spec have you gone for?

Far too much Steve...bloody Porsche configurator!

991 Carrera 4 GTS

GT Silver.

Other options; Alcantara GTS Carmine red package, GTS Interior package, LED Lights with PDLS+, park assist with camera, glass sunroof, PDK, rear-axle steering, turbo s wheels, cruise, dimming mirrors and rain sensor, light design package, multifunction steering wheel, 18 way seats, heated seats, smoking package, carbon door sills and Bose!! I daren't show my wife the invoice!!!!

4 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Far too much Steve...bloody Porsche configurator!

991 Carrera 4 GTS

GT Silver.

Other options; Alcantara GTS Carmine red package, GTS Interior package, LED Lights with PDLS+, park assist with camera, glass sunroof, PDK, rear-axle steering, turbo s wheels, cruise, dimming mirrors and rain sensor, light design package, multifunction steering wheel, 18 way seats, heated seats, smoking package, carbon door sills and Bose!! I daren't show my wife the invoice!!!!

Hope there. Is a brownish interior to match that GT Silver John. #disappointedotherwise

2 minutes ago, Gutley said:

Hope there. Is a brownish interior to match that GT Silver John. #disappointedotherwise

Only if my wife finds out what I've paid for it Matt......

I'll give you my entire stock of Jaffa cakes for the Spyder !

I knew you'd get the tin top, although thought you'd get another summer out of the 981 first.

Look forward to seeing the new chariot Jon.  Are you doing Le Mans again ?

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I'll give you my entire stock of Jaffa cakes for the Spyder !

I knew you'd get the tin top, although thought you'd get another summer out of the 981 first.

Look forward to seeing the new chariot Jon.  Are you doing Le Mans again ?

Nice offer thanks Patt but the OPC, hopefully, will offer me a bit more than that!

I did, originally, look at the 991 Cabrio but, for me, 911s all look better as Coupes. Although I did, for more than a few days, think about a Targa!

I had expected to get the new car later in the year thus getting another summer out of the Spyder. However the build date came through earlier and, I suspect like most of us when ordering a new car, I'm happy with that. A minor point but save £3-4k as mine is being build prior to the week the new prices come into effect!

Not going to Le Mans this year but definitely  next year. Will be in touch about this because the way you travel there was a lot better than the way I went!

I'm hoping to continue as an honorary BoXa member and attend the get togethers etc so hopefully will have it for the next Blackbushe meeting.

Hope all is well for you Patt, take care

I'm a bit late to this thread, but @JohnSyn, the Spyder is going??  Noooooo!   You just couldn't help yourself could you? :)

Will it make it to another Blackbushe meet before it goes?

Nice spec on the 991 - no PSE though?  Not sure how much difference it makes on a 911, must have been a consideration though?

12 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

I'm a bit late to this thread, but @JohnSyn, the Spyder is going??  Noooooo!   You just couldn't help yourself could you? :)

Will it make it to another Blackbushe meet before it goes?

Nice spec on the 991 - no PSE though?  Not sure how much difference it makes on a 911, must have been a consideration though?

You are right...I couldn't help myself! As I've said I do really enjoy driving the Spyder but had that nagging thought that I should at some stage get a 911, so have! And the 'cost of change' is more bearable because of the high value of the Spyder, which also assisted with the decision!

New car expected mid May so if there is a Blackbushe meeting before will definitely try to make it!

PSE is standard on the GTS models, like the sports chrono. Apparently the PSE is different on the GTS but it wont make a noise like the Spyder!

10 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Scratch that last post - realised it's standard on a GTS!  :) 

Great car...lucky swine! :D

Oops..that will teach me not reading everything before I respond!!

And it is a great car! :thumbsup_still:

• 2 weeks later...

The Spyder went tonight! Mixed emotions really, I was really sad to see it go but am excited about the 991.2 GTS, which I'll be driving next month.

I've loved driving the Spyder, it is truly a great car. I also feel privileged to have had one.

Sold it privately, which I never intended to do, and got an extra £2.5k over what the dealer offered. I sold it for what I paid for it, which thinking about it for modern car ownership is a bit unique!

I noticed, on the Facebook Spyder Group, that someone posted they were trying to buy one so I p'md him on Thursday, he came and saw the car on Sunday, paid yesterday and took the car tonight! It was a bit fast but a very easy transaction and dealing with a really nice, knowledgeable guy made it go so well.

Oh hum....now counting down the days

31 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

I sold it for what I paid for it

That's fantastic isn't it. 

I can't justify such an expensive car, but I've said before, I think that one's going down in history (3.8NA) and a little bit of me regrets not pushing out the stops to get one. 

Bit boring just driving it to work once a week as I do with my Tangerine, so perhaps best going to someone who will drive it :)

Enjoy the new one :) 

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

That's fantastic isn't it. 

I can't justify such an expensive car, but I've said before, I think that one's going down in history (3.8NA) and a little bit of me regrets not pushing out the stops to get one. 

Bit boring just driving it to work once a week as I do with my Tangerine, so perhaps best going to someone who will drive it :)

Enjoy the new one :) 

Yes Meno....I'm really pleased as you would expect. It wouldn't surprise me if the car went on, albeit in a few years time, to become a very sought after car. But life's for living and I'm scratching that 911 itch! Who knows where that will take me!

I'm lucky to have a daily driver, which I enjoy driving, so the Spyder and now the 991 are weekend cars to be enjoyed, which I have will continue to do!

Archived