A Plan Insurance

MD7

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Hario said:

Hi do A-plan provide normal policies which would allow it to be used as my main vehicle with street parking?

Unsure as I thought they were a classic policy only insurer (garaged only) etc.

regards

Harry

Hi Hario!

As CMA replied, yes we do! We also do Van and Bike as well as Home and Landlords :)

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hi all, looking through this old thread, the general consensus I’ve picked-up seems to be that A-Plan are a decent outfit?

I’m renewing my insurance for the 3rd time on my BGTS, first year was with M***ings, second year with AS F**x.

Very happy with both previous insurers, but renewal with current insurer is up by about £100 - with no motoring convictions, accidents/claims or modifications or change of address etc to justify the increase.

Can’t get through to L**kt*ns who are a PCGB partner, and M***nings to be fair are at least consistent with what they’d quoted last year, but still several hundred ££’s adrift from where I am.

A-Plan have just given me a very palatable quote - that’s before I read here they’ll offer some discount for BoXa.net members - and having discussed level of cover etc on the phone, I’m heading towards renewing with them - even if Fl*x suddenly “lose” the additional £100 proposed renewal, for retaining my business. I value any company that will work hard to offer their most competitive rates from the off, without requiring a lengthy to & fro to get there.

Reading this thread, doesn’t look like I have anything to worry about going with A-Plan?

David

33 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Hi all, looking through this old thread, the general consensus I’ve picked-up seems to be that A-Plan are a decent outfit?

I’m renewing my insurance for the 3rd time on my BGTS, first year was with M***ings, second year with AS F**x.

Very happy with both previous insurers, but renewal with current insurer is up by about £100 - with no motoring convictions, accidents/claims or modifications or change of address etc to justify the increase.

Can’t get through to L**kt*ns who are a PCGB partner, and M***nings to be fair are at least consistent with what they’d quoted last year, but still several hundred ££’s adrift from where I am.

A-Plan have just given me a very palatable quote - that’s before I read here they’ll offer some discount for BoXa.net members - and having discussed level of cover etc on the phone, I’m heading towards renewing with them - even if Fl*x suddenly “lose” the additional £100 proposed renewal, for retaining my business. I value any company that will work hard to offer their most competitive rates from the off, without requiring a lengthy to & fro to get there.

Reading this thread, doesn’t look like I have anything to worry about going with A-Plan?

David

Have used them consistently for the last few years - I insure a couple of heavily modified P cars with them and they always manage to find proper cover for sensible money given the context of the modifications/on street parking/full work use including customers in the car (not a Taxi) and higher than average mileages. 

Not had to claim yet but they’ve been very responsive on thevodd occasion where I’ve not been 100% about something. 

2 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Used them a fair bit with the kit cars I had. Never had an issue. Also used them for my Audi, very competitive quote and then I had to claim a non fault accident 3 years ago (my car was parked when hit) put into their claim process and passed to a claims handling company, not sure if part of APlan or not. Very efficient and smooth process to resolve for me.

38 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Thanks @CMA, noticed your comment from Dec 16 within this thread.

Oh yeah....oops, thought this was a new thread, didn't see page 1... note to self "Read the page properly before replying" 🤣🤣🤣

• 2 months later...

Couldn’t help me this time as I need a years experience driving a similar car... 

Apparently I need a years experience driving a similar car so 6 months in a macan doesn’t qualify nor 3 years in an Audi A4 with a 3 litre petrol engine

2 hours ago, AlexW said:

Couldn’t help me this time as I need a years experience driving a similar car... 

Apparently I need a years experience driving a similar car so 6 months in a macan doesn’t qualify nor 3 years in an Audi A4 with a 3 litre petrol engine

Surprised to see this - might be worth another word and ask them to go to their underwriters for a specific review/decision.  You may need to push a bit  

They did this for me to get my bizarre cover requirements in place and that direct approach on my behalf worked well. 

• 1 month later...

The Thatcham team have insured our cars for years, apart from a weird time with a V8 Discovery 3 that they were really pricey on. Rang them first when the Boxster was bought and the premium was £350 or so, didn't even think about ringing around at that point.  Didn't know about the discount then... Doh!

I have also had to make a claim in the past and they were dead easy to deal with, I recommend them.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, Russjmills said:

A thumbs up from me for A Plan. Spoke to a nice chap called Matthew. Very efficient and came up with a very reasonable £240 for my new 996.  Pretty good considering this is second car with no NCB.

Thanks! I'll pass on the thanks to Matthew 🙂 we mirror NCB so that will have helped 👍

• 1 month later...

Gave up on A Plan.

Tried to insure my home, had a great service from my local office but she was bitten big time by Aviva. Then tried to insure the car, provided all information and was quoted ~£750 while my current insurer charges £440, when I mentioned it I was told that they refused to provide the classic cover as the car is too new (2005).

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

Gave up on A Plan.

Tried to insure my home, had a great service from my local office but she was bitten big time by Aviva. Then tried to insure the car, provided all information and was quoted ~£750 while my current insurer charges £440, when I mentioned it I was told that they refused to provide the classic cover as the car is too new (2005).

Go figure.

Hi Freeman

I see you chose your local office, the BoXa forum is looked after with club discount by the Thatcham Branch only as we have the facilities for low mileage/leisure vehicles, classic policies, modification cover, track insurance etc. 

Can you pm me your name, post code and contact number so I can see which branch you dealt with and see if there's anything we can do here?

Thanks

Carlie 

Just had a great quote from A-plan, £279 fully comp with legal cover and £250 excess, thats for two of us to drive with 5k mileage.

My E-Sure renewal was £247 but the excess was £500 compulsory and £100 voluntary, Even though it a bit cheaper I loved the fact that A-plan answer their phone straight away, are very friendly and helpful and there is another means of communication via this forum.

All in all, two thumbs good from me, Im sure you'll be ensuring my Mini in a few weeks.

Rog. 

2 hours ago, Roger C said:

Just had a great quote from A-plan, £279 fully comp with legal cover and £250 excess, thats for two of us to drive with 5k mileage.

My E-Sure renewal was £247 but the excess was £500 compulsory and £100 voluntary, Even though it a bit cheaper I loved the fact that A-plan answer their phone straight away, are very friendly and helpful and there is another means of communication via this forum.

All in all, two thumbs good from me, Im sure you'll be ensuring my Mini in a few weeks.

Rog. 

Thanks Rog, I'm glad we got it sorted!

P.s. I have a mini... love it :D

• 1 month later...

Well, a year has gone by and I’ve just renewed again with A-Plan. Managed to shave a little from the renewal figure, and a little lower than 2019’s premium  

A-Plan were very helpful and efficient, M*nn**gs still several hundred pounds more, and PCGB’ partner Locktons basically said no point the wasting my time going through all the info, they’d be many hundreds adrift of my renewal figure.

didnt bother calling AS Flux, couldn’t be bothered with their approach - basically whatever they offer/ quit is there and them, to get you to go for it. Bit of a hard sell, which I don’t like.

hoping A-Plan come in competitive on the macan insurance when that’s due in April.

Had a cheaper quote from Churchills multi car in the end so went with them on the Boxster and the Dacia Duster. £470 , very happy with that.

Will give A plan a call next year again 👍

5 hours ago, Truth said:

Had a cheaper quote from Churchills multi car in the end so went with them on the Boxster and the Dacia Duster. £470 , very happy with that.

Will give A plan a call next year again 👍

Good luck if you ever have an accident. They were truly shocking when my wife had her car written off by a builders van. We had to arrange recovery by ourselves as they had no one available after 6pm to help us.

Cheers Darren.

I bet lots of other people have had similar problems with car insurance companies too in fairness.