Snap up a 986 now before prices go the way of the air cooled 911 according to the Hagerty report

the baron

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jonogt6 said:

Nah don't agree with that. Low mileage unrestored original cars provided they are in equivalent condition will always be worth more.

That was not he point of the original post, of course that is the case, what i was pointing out was high mileage cars can commend very high prices and when they have been totally restored mileage is irrelevant.

Is £500 change in grant going to make the difference between buying a £30k ICE car and £40k EV.  I you want electric you'll find the £500, or the manufacturers will more likely make the cost to buy the same as they are starting to see more economy of scale on EVs?

5 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Is £500 change in grant going to make the difference between buying a £30k ICE car and £40k EV.  I you want electric you'll find the £500, or the manufacturers will more likely make the cost to buy the same as they are starting to see more economy of scale on EVs?

Wouldn't put me off in the market and yes economies of scale should absorb some of the pain.

Just don't expect the overlords to not use every taxation seeking opportunity. 

Just now, iborguk said:

Wouldn't put me off in the market and yes economies of scale should absorb some of the pain.

Just don't expect the overlords to not use every taxation seeking opportunity. 

They claimed it is so the same pool of money get used for more vehicle purchases which makes scarily good sense for an idea coming out of Whitehall.

I'm just waiting for the road use tax to come in for EVs as they re only paying 5% VAT on their energy not 20% VAT on top of road fuel duty.  I'm sure they will charge all vehicle users though but keep the road fuel duty too....

1 minute ago, ½cwt said:

They claimed it is so the same pool of money get used for more vehicle purchases which makes scarily good sense for an idea coming out of Whitehall.

I'm just waiting for the road use tax to come in for EVs as they re only paying 5% VAT on their energy not 20% VAT on top of road fuel duty.  I'm sure they will charge all vehicle users though but keep the road fuel duty too....

Death and Taxes.

12 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Considering the whining on here about an extra 200 in tax when choosing a 12k car (MY05/06) - probably. 

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Considering the whining on here about an extra 200 in tax when choosing a 12k car (MY05/06) - probably. 

Takes a savvy shopper, my 986S is early enough to be in the earlier. lower. tax structure... only £270! Oh and only a £5k car at time of purchase... 😉

14 hours ago, Broxie said:

A great looking example. Kgf don't half lay it on thick in their descriptions though 

"Fitted with the robust flat six porsche boxer engine".....hmmm really😮

Interior "typical porsche quality craftsmanship" ......hope they don't touch the sun visors or open the storage box on the back of centre console ehhh😝

32 minutes ago, jonogt6 said:

A great looking example. Kgf don't half lay it on thick in their descriptions though 

A perfect example of dealer description. Anyone who owns one of these should copy & paste when it comes to selling, just alter the details as necessary. I'd certainly respond to this kind of advertising.

2 hours ago, McDonald said:

A perfect example of dealer description. Anyone who owns one of these should copy & paste when it comes to selling, just alter the details as necessary. I'd certainly respond to this kind of advertising.

There's a poverty spec VW Polo on there for £4k! I'm all for classic cars but that takes the biscuit!

18 minutes ago, Crazymind said:

Selling price it’s not about what you sell but what your client is willing to pay. In addition there is reputation and history behind a car dealer... 

A Porsche is imbued with reputation & history. Good photos & a well-told story goes a long way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! 
986 prices are double what they were three years ago! 

I bought a 2.7 and and 3.2S in 2018 both were under £4K and the S was near immaculate! Only 140k to put some buyers off. 

looking at forum prices I’m humbled that our little bargains are truly in lift off state! 

If you’d have put the proceeds of the sale of a 986 into Bitcoin just over a year ago, it would buy you a 4.0 GTS today.

Think about what you could have bought today had you put the proceeds from your 996 into BTC 🤔

But life isn’t all about money, and Bitcoin isn’t all about value. The best car out there is the one you can afford and enjoy to drive, just as the better crypto assets are those with the ecosystems which will help make the world a better place.

This isn’t financial advice nor words of wisdom, just the thoughts of an old man...

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Nakamoto said:

If you’d have put the proceeds of the sale of a 986 into Bitcoin just over a year ago, it would buy you a 4.0 GTS today.

Think about what you could have bought today had you put the proceeds from your 996 into BTC 🤔

But life isn’t all about money, and Bitcoin isn’t all about value. The best car out there is the one you can afford and enjoy to drive, just as the better crypto assets are those with the ecosystems which will help make the world a better place.

This isn’t financial advice nor words of wisdom, just the thoughts of an old man...

Did you invent blockchain?  Are you really an Australian? 

Archived