Well I never knew it did that...

tcornet

Just discovered whilst driving on the M25 today that if you pull both paddles back on the sports design steering wheel (pdk)  at the same time the car goes into neutral. This happens both when stationary or whilst moving. Repeating the action reengages the gears. Pretty cool 

The automatic 'coast' function doesn't apply if you drive a PDK in manual mode, but this is another way of achieving the same result. You can also pull the 'up' paddle when in 7th to get the same result, as long as your foot is off the accelerator. As soon as you accelerate again (or brake, I think) it drops back into gear. You can also pull either paddle to reengage,  I don't think you have to pull both that time.

Yeh it's a great feature, just beware that if you coast to a halt having done this you have to put your foot on the brake to re-engage a gear. This caught me out once and I looked a right plonker holding up the traffic trying to get going.

On 19/06/2017 at 7:00 PM, Gutley said:

I shall be trying that myself later ?

On 19/06/2017 at 9:07 PM, Araf said:

I wonder if it works on older PDKs. :unsure:

I will report back tomorrow. :D 

Doesn't seem to. 

1 minute ago, Gutley said:

Doesn't seem to. 

Nope.  Shame, but there's no hardship in snicking the car into neutral on long holds anyway.

Must be more electrickery for the 981 only. :)

• 1 month later...

Despite knowing the "computer stalk" on my BGTS is used to select what is shown in the right hand display, and some of those can then be delved into with a forward push of the stalk, I only realised today when I had my iPod playing and current track showing in that screen, that the forward push then took me into playlist, track order/selection mode - brilliant!! I just assumed that I could only see track playing info, not that this would be dynamic/actionable. 

Tune in in next week for yet more BGTS discoveries!

When I brought mine the chap I brought it off didn't know you could raise or lower the spoiler with the 'spoiler button'.

On the 996 there's a wire hidden under the nearside rear light cluster to open the engine cover (like the one hidden in the offside frunk release), is there one on the 986S to open the trunk?

AaS

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2017 at 8:48 AM, Jason986S said:

I discovered my car had cupholders after picking it up and driving 50 miles with a coffee between my thighs. Stupid but true!

Be warned, if you get a spillage from a cup in the driver's side holder it will get into you control panel........ Having had that happen once, I don't use them anymore.

On 09/08/2017 at 3:21 PM, Patt said:

There was an old thread like this done before.

eg. have you found the coin holder ?

Did you know you can open and close the windows on the key ?

And open and close the roof ?

Archived