Another one bites the dust...

Lennym1984

Ouch, glad your ok and great to hear that the car probably saved you from some nasty injuries, frack the camper van owner, glorified caravans.....

The exciting bit starts now, finding the replacement.

(the good news is my box has just gone up in value as there is now one less 🤔)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you are OK. Hope all the insurance gets sorted and you are back in a boxster soon.

45 minutes ago, in_dellible said:

"it's ok for you, you're rich" 😡 I think I might've punched him. What an absolute pr*ck, I hope his insurance does undervalue his fukwn Van. Glad you're ok. 

I would have lost it at that point, too.  What a nob.

I think we collectively get the actual effect this has on an enthusiast but as others have said final act was to once again do what it was designed to do. And do it bloody well   

Other drivers say shyate in these circumstances, doesn’t matter.  You walked away. Insurance will pay, maybe you get what you want for it but that’s just the money side.  We know it hurts but a nod to the designers and engineers behind these cars, easy words but we know. It could have been much worse. 

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't pay too much attention to their comments and having lived in Germany for some years, I know that they can sometimes sound blunter than they really mean. Also they seemed very upset so maybe weren't really thinking straight. 

The insurance company are being difficult with the valuation but I'm slowly dragging them up. 

I think I'll be shopping for a Cayman once I finally get the money but I'm very fond of the 986 so may just end up getting another... And taking advantage of the parts I have stockpiled

4 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't pay too much attention to their comments and having lived in Germany for some years, I know that they can sometimes sound blunter than they really mean. Also they seemed very upset so maybe weren't really thinking straight. 

The insurance company are being difficult with the valuation but I'm slowly dragging them up. 

I think I'll be shopping for a Cayman once I finally get the money but I'm very fond of the 986 so may just end up getting another... And taking advantage of the parts I have stockpiled

It has all been said so just to add my condolences and the fact that Boxsters ARE worth more in Germany which may have affected his already addled thinking and yes, they can be VERY blunt. Good luck with all that follows as a result.

34 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Think it only fair, in the circumstances, that you should  be allowed to use Boxster prices in Germany!

Looks like you were lucky to me , not that it will seem that way to you now , or probably ever !

You are safe and live to fight another day mate 👍

So he hits a car when he's on the wrong side of the road, calls you rich for owning a 20+year old Boxster and Holiday in England.  Not looking like a strong defence to get the sympathy vote.

Glad you walked away, cars are lovely but just a chunk of metal that can be fixed or replaced, whereas you can’t

good Job you didn’t have a passenger and well done for not clocking him on the nose and blaming the crash - I would have been tempted, foreign or not, no reason to be a twunt 

10 hours ago, mikefocke said:

One good thing (not for you) there is going to be a good 2.5 now available from a breakers.

Tell me about it!! I've been told it's a Cat B write off but I'm half tempted to buy it back and strip it for parts. 

7 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Tell me about it!! I've been told it's a Cat B write off but I'm half tempted to buy it back and strip it for parts. 

I seem to remember there's a chap on here who's 2.5 engine broke and is going to get it rebuilt, but a known quantity secondhand engine might be a good solution. How many miles on it?

47 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

I seem to remember there's a chap on here who's 2.5 engine broke and is going to get it rebuilt, but a known quantity secondhand engine might be a good solution. How many miles on it?

Too late... The insurance settled this morning and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. It was 72k miles with full service history. Never missed a beat during my ownership

5 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Too late... The insurance settled this morning and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. It was 72k miles with full service history. Never missed a beat during my ownership

I think you were probably right.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

In three days? Wow, hope it was a sufficient sum.

Yes it was a fair price in the end. Obviously I've lost money due to the sums invested in maintenance/upgrades but based on what I would be able to get if I sold it privately, it was a decent price

Archived