What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

46 minutes ago, sa utah said:

Regarding those LED headlight lamps.  They’ll only work with the connectors in one orientation.   It’s a 50/50 chance you’ll get them in the correct way.   

As mine arrived yesterday and I will be fitting them next week are you saying it is all or nothing or something more subtle?

Adjusted the roof elastic by using the screw method mentioned previously - but of a pain getting the torx driver in there but worked a treat.

then a very quick wash before the sun got too hot - gtechniq quik detailer works wonders to get rid of the dry water marks. So much dust because of the building works! 🙄

lytW1mT.jpg

Edited by Mattman42

fixed the loose elastic drivers side and checked all 8 drain holes. They were all clear, but nice to confirm it with the trumpet cleaner

• Haha 1

Taxed it and went for an Italian tune-up, sorry gentle drive, down to and along the coast. Was supposed to meet up with a former Porsche owner and peruse his recently acquired McLaren but sadly he couldn't move it due to a faulty warning light! :laugh:

Just now, Deano37 said:

@Verner, watching with interest.

Are you having a go at painting yourself or being done by a body shop?

She's in the Body Shop. Nothing I could even attempt. 😄

5 hours ago, Patt said:

I just clean with wheel cleaner, dry, stick them in the top of a box and spray with Hammerite.

Or buy new black ones from OPC

Exactly what I did and then baked in the sun

23 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Wheel nuts black

On advice painted wheel bolts black

Got to admit I wasn't happy with mine, they looked shoddy again after being on and off a few times.

Took the easy way out; black plastic wheel nut covers off eBay, nice and cheap sans the Porsche tax 😂.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:13 PM, Geoff Pearce said:

I’ve just taken it out for a spin down some dark country roads near me.  What a massive improvement with a very bright, white light and good spread.  I must have passed 30 cars coming in the opposite direction and no one flashed me so I don’t think they’re dazzling.

They were very easy to install, simply plug in in place of the originals.  The terminal is marked + and - and the - connects to the brown wired side of the original connector.  The hardest part was getting the headlights back in but just takes a bit of jiggling around.  No canbus errors, no flickering.  They come with a 3 year guarantee so hopefully will last for a while.  Pound for pound I’d say it’s the best mod I’ve done on the car as with the original headlamps I never felt confident driving in the dark.

Just ordered them seems a low cost easy upgrade

Edited by kevin450

Console painted Lapis Blue and ready for install.

5eo4Rfa.jpg

Installed and awaiting finishing pieces...

b1zHqTq.jpg

So far so good, I think 🙂

Verrner

Worth noting that the OEM painted / carbon centre consoles have clear protective sheets at the sides where the seats rub.....they will rub the paint off so worth getting some clear film.....I'll see if I can get a pic 😉

Edit: here you go....

QhLXnMD.jpg

SyjPxYR.jpg

ftBjFCg.jpg

Edited by Jonttt