What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

6 hours ago, Leonvt said:

Well I fitted new heater control switches last night, thanks Iborguk.

Fitted aerial booster as radio reception was rubbish after fitting aftermarket head unit.  

Fm aerial has a booster by default.  Chances are harness didn’t pick up the power connection to the booster (have heard of people needing to move wires in the harness to correctly supply the booster. )

not an issue of course since you have resolved it but thought I would mention, the booster lives in the passenger side a pillar cover. 

Cleaned up the scuttle plastics "back to black" with some Owatrol for the first time - looks nice I think and the £5 sample pot looks like it will last for ages given how thinly you need to spread it!

Before > During > After pics below:

wlVOY1Q.jpg

2ZG21Yw.jpg

70FsEdN.jpg

pNihSmz.jpg

Edited by Camels
adding pic links
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Camels said:

Cleaned up the scuttle plastics "back to black" with some Owatrol for the first time - looks nice I think and the £5 sample pot looks like it will last for ages given how thinly you need to spread it!

wlVOY1Q.jpg

2ZG21Yw.jpg

70FsEdN.jpg

pNihSmz.jpg

A lot of it about 😀

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/topic/83780-what-have-you-done-to-your-987-today/?do=findComment&comment=1197859

Got part way through replacing normal bulbs with some of the bundled pack of LEDs from ebay. Ran out of time between meetings but managed to get the quick ones done for rear number plate and inside the frunk & boot - think the footwell ones may take a bit longer, but prefer the whiter look so far.

22 hours ago, Camels said:

wlVOY1Q.jpg

2ZG21Yw.jpg

70FsEdN.jpg

pNihSmz.jpg

found you have to be quick at wiping off the excess or it can become quite sticky! used it on the wheel arches of my son's previous car (mini) and Owatrol did the job well, but helped me learn that lesson!

Got my wheels powder coated after a tyre fitter gouged chunks out of a couple of them the other week. They didn't need it but I did the other two as well just to make sure they were all the same finish. All in all it made it an expensive set of new tyres, even with the fitter paying for two of the wheels.

Drove home and the wheels haven't been properly balanced so it'll have to go back, which is a right fek-on as it's 10 miles away. Grrr.

New set of MPS 4’s on the front - her early Christmas present.

Starting to get through the list of things needing done.

I replaced the fuel cap as the seal had perished along with a new thing of tyre sealant.

Replacement replacement buttons have arrived for the a/c.

I swapped the front offside pads and disc, so have nearside one to do. Annoying though, one anti-vibration pad  on each pair seems to be properly stuck in to the calliper, so I think that's going to need dismantled to get them out. I did think there was some corrosion, so that explains it. I don't have access to a ramp so its a long day of sitting on the driveway doing stuff like this, so think I may get my mechanic to do that.

I'm now wondering whether I should replace the pads and disc on the other side or just ask my mechanic to do that and sort out the corroded bits.