How low can you go? (Have you been)

Cheddar Bob

So picked the car up from CPS today... 20minute or so journey home and look at where the fuel gauge was when I called into Morrisons for fuel

MW9YbN1.jpg

tx0pixd.jpg

£20 (16.6 litres) later

QBZGZ3P.jpg

So the question is for red light roulette folk.... How low have you gone? Ever run out?

Just now, Cheddar Bob said:

Hell no. Come.on. 

You do if yours is specced with the on board computer. 

22 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

So the question is for red light roulette folk.... How low have you gone? Ever run out?

As I serial planner/worrier I find those pictures offensive in the extreme!   I bid you good day sir.  

Good for another 30 miles, failing that one of the reasons they put a glass heated window in a facelift ,,, to keep your hands warm when you are pushing! (# design copy from a Skoda)

I once got caught out in the middle of nowhere and got the fuel range down to -23 on a BMW 330i.

The dealer didn't even know that the digital range gauge went into negative figures!

I did make it to the petrol station, albeit on fumes, coasting down hills, slipstreaming lorries, all the usual economising tricks...!

I have driven a Nissan leaf for several miles with a big fat zero flashing in the binnacle, I do wonder how far from turtle/tortoise mode it was. 

@Cheddar Bob there is an easy hack/mod to utilise the OBC which IIRC is fitted to all 986's.

1 hour ago, EXY said:

I have driven a Nissan leaf for several miles with a big fat zero flashing in the binnacle, I do wonder how far from turtle/tortoise mode it was. 

@Cheddar Bob there is an easy hack/mod to utilise the OBC which IIRC is fitted to all 986's.

Ok thank you. I'll take a look at that 

999cc Maruti jeep driving between Nairobi and Kampala with empty light on for a good 30 clicks on pretty awful murram road. Never happier than when Kisumu appeared; fuel, overnight stop and few refreshing Tuskers!

It really sometimes isn't about the destination....

I think you managed to put part of your post into the quoted area in error.  Do you want me to fix it for you? 

I’ve driven so the needle is past the line, I reckon you still have around 35 miles left before your on fumes.

I retro fitted the OBC and now have range added  which is useful, not sure how accurate it is though

11 hours ago, Araf said:

I think you managed to put part of your post into the quoted area in error.  Do you want me to fix it for you? 

Are you that damned paperclip back again?

Archived