Niggled would you be ?

Muddy

Just need to vent my niggle and see if you would be niggled. Took boxster to local Indy for major service all good except the list they printed on the receipt re: issues they found so fair enough front cross over pipes corroded, slight weep from RMS seal few other little bits which lm aware of but here is my niggles - slight damp smell in cabin- car lives outside and totally dry inside as l religious clean drain holes. -sticky heater switches- we all know about them. -horn doesn’t sound correct- it’s loud and sounds like a horn. -sun visor has damage- Even my Key did not escape - key fob has slight lose cover- been like that for years. -Historic dents on AC pipes still function-. Should l be happy they were so thorough. If l were to sell the car one day all that is on the receipt for service and may put a buyer off. Just think it’s a bit over the top. 
There my niggle done. 

cheers Muddy

Wouldn’t niggle me in the slightest, it is what I would pay a good Indy to do. No need to show a buyer the reports, stamped up service book is enough if you want to hide this stuff from a potential buyer, but things like a damp smell they are likely to notice themselves, so good that the Indy mentioned it so you can do something about it. A lot of cars that do short journeys get very damp inside because because they never get hot enough to dry the cabin out properly and you bring lots of water in on wet shoes and by breathing. I pop a dehumidifier in mine occasionally to get it nice and dry if it hasn’t been given a long run out for a while.

42 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

I always wonder how much time they charge me to point out these niggles - especially with things like the loose key cover.

slight smell of damp is surely subjective? 

It’s subjective, but if you’re in and out of different cars all day you are pretty well placed to spot the ones that smell more than average. If it’s your car you may have just got used to it over time.

Personal. 

me. I would take more notice of anything they said based on the level of detail they went into.  I would have no issue with that, and even actually think I got a good service. 

but each to their own.  

Thanks for reply’s its helping in that l am being over niggled but should appreciate a very thorough service perhaps my challenge should be to come away with no list and firstly l shall address my horn.

cheers Muddy 

• Like 3

@Muddy might be worth investing in a couple of dehumidifying bags.  It has certainly helped reduce the damp feel in my car (also outside all year).  Regarding the horn high or low tone of the two horns could have failed.  I imagine they are in a similar fairly vulnerable location on the 987 as on the 986.

If you fix some of these you can show a future buyer you were conscientious but maybe not an*l about fixing the car.  I.e. you spent the money on the right things not the frivolous things.

15 minutes ago, Topbox said:

If a a seller was so upfront to show me those niggles I would consider it a plus. Would I be alone in being happy to pay a small premium for clear transparency?

Yes!

Every advert or advice from EVERY member here has advised buyers to use the ‘niggles’ to knock the price down, not pay a small premium!!! Or have I misunderstood what your implying.

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Or have I misunderstood what your implying

No, although by premium I really meant asking price provided said price was fair. If you discover hidden niggles, fair play, knock them down as there may be more. To some extent I 'buy' the seller as much as the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, andy987 said:

Better that they were thorough? Where was it, still looking for a North West indy later in the year for a service and some other bits.

Unique Porsche in Bolton have been great with my 987, including yesterday when my window wouldn’t go up. They can’t get a new regulator until Monday but offered to take it in straight away so it can be stored inside as I don’t have a garage.