What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

25 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Shame you only get to see it😂

Agreed, I would love to cut out the engine cover an replace and replace it with clear Perspex and LEDs.

Something like similar to one fitted on a Cayman would be amazing.

Porsche Cayman Engine

Edited by JL888

14 minutes ago, JL888 said:

Agreed, I would love to cut out the engine cover an replace and replace it with clear Perspex and LEDs.

Something like similar to one fitted on a Cayman would be amazing.

Porsche Cayman Engine

That would work, i wonder what difference it makes to the noises coming from the engine in the cab

4 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

That would work, i wonder what difference it makes to the noises coming from the engine in the cab

Very easily done go for a drive with just the rear carpet removed and again with the engine compartment not fully locked down, trust me you won’t put up with it for long!

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, Jord said:

I added a spoiler indicator today. Only took 20 mins and works really well. Plus added bonus it uses up one of the blanks on the dash.

2YeOTPT.mp4

Hi. I’ve been looking at doing this myself having seen the part online. Is it an easy install, I.e. do you have to remove the instrument cluster to install? Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Bferry70 said:

Hi. I’ve been looking at doing this myself having seen the part online. Is it an easy install, I.e. do you have to remove the instrument cluster to install? Cheers.

Yes cluster has to be removed, the wires that push in are a little fiddly though

Reattempted the install of the infamous 911 plenum and larger throttle body from the Cayman, ported to 80mm. The car is now running, thanks to @edc and other BoXa members for your advice in finding the massive vacuum leak.👌

I've yet to take her out for a spirited drive but first impressions are very responsive and it sounds awesome. 😄

here are some pics.

Boxster S upgraded Plenum and Throttle body

986 Upgrade with the 911 3.8 Carrera S Plenum and ported  Cayman Throttle body from 74.5mm to 80mm.

986 Upgrade with the 911 3.8 Carrera S Plenum and ported  Cayman Throttle body from 74.5mm to 80mm.

Edited by JL888

32 minutes ago, edc said:

I see you've got the 987 airbox in too. What's going on with the white zip tie?

The 987 airbox was a nice addition but a real pig of a job to do. The white zip tie is to prevent the oil breather from coming loose, it will stay in place but because of the angle of the bend there is unwanted tension which may pull it out. I'll change to a black on soon.

Replaced the ignition switch on my 986 - resolving a lot of gremlins. 

Still need to get the key remote buttons re-linked by an OPC - can't work out why Wilmslow quote twice as long as one in Kent for the exact same task? 

Edited by AlBoxtr

21 hours ago, Bferry70 said:

you do have to remove it to pop 4 wires in but it was easy and its a good chance to clean all the grime and dust from under the binical . 

On 1/10/2021 at 8:49 PM, pacificjuha said:

Finished today a week long (yes, a slow one...) project of refurbishing front calipers and fresh set of discs.

Starting point was this a week ago:

JjcVU1U.jpg

...and here's how it looks today:

3ZBewrl.jpg

Did you paint the calipers on the car? Or did you take them off