New Car Incoming

Stuart21UK

18 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I'd bet on the GTS winning that shoot out....!

Out of interest, why?

The GTS only has a shade more torque, so I would have thought the GTS driver would have to be absolutely spot on with the gearchanges to equal the PDK. Not saying anything against Stuart's driving, but ...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Out of interest, why?

The GTS only has a shade more torque, so I would have thought the GTS driver would have to be absolutely spot on with the gearchanges to equal the PDK. Not saying anything against Stuart's driving, but ...

Most double clutch cars I have driven felt like they had plus 30 bhp over the manual equivalent! Remember being miffed that the auto BMW 328i I had as a loaner didnt feel that much off the oace of my 335i...

9 minutes ago, jason3.2s said:

Only one way to find out for real...........

Probably need an airstrip or Santa Pod though.

Well Stuart and I are going to organise it at Santa Pod. It would be great if another member with a GTS came along and joined in:thumbsup_anim:

Any takers?

Edit - my rear tyres are just about shot so it would be good to do this before I have to get new ones.

New theory.

Stuart, even with your Photoshop skills, you have never managed to remove the black Porsche behind yours in your avatar photo. So after several years trying to track it down you have bought it so your avatar can stay as it is without giving you the night sweats.

Elementary!

I think the Cayenne is being replaced with a Macan (which may or may not be a GTS), rather than the 981 being changed. :unsure: 

9 hours ago, Araf said:

I think the Cayenne is being replaced with a Macan (which may or may not be a GTS), rather than the 981 being changed. :unsure: 

Be prepared to move this out of the 981 forum then...

9 hours ago, mike597 said:

Nah how can you not love, the big battle bus?  Why would you replace that with a q3 in a frock? 

Isn't it a Q5 in a frock?  ?

(Would still be my first choice if I needed a car like that.)

21 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Isn't it a Q5 in a frock?  ?

(Would still be my first choice if I needed a car like that.)

Its neither...I have one and had a Cayenne before it. I think  the Macan shares a floorpan with the Audi Q5 that's about where the similarities finish. Its a great car to drive and is my daily river.

9 hours ago, mike597 said:

Nah how can you not love, the big battle bus?  Why would you replace that with a q3 in a frock? 

Its neither...I have one and had a Cayenne before that. I think the Macan shares a floorpan with the Audi Q5 but that's where the similarities finish. It is a great car to drive and, IMHO, is one of the best looking SUVs.

Anyway, this is off topic. Stuart is clearly enjoying his teasing, I'm just hopeful it eventual comes to something!!

4 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

It's neither...I have one and had a Cayenne before that. I think the Macan shares a floorpan with the Audi Q5 but that's where the similarities finish. It is a great car to drive and, IMHO, is one of the best looking SUVs.

Anyway, this is off topic. Stuart is clearly enjoying his teasing, I'm just hopeful it eventual comes to something!!

Of course.  I was just baiting the Macan owners out there (Apparently, it worked!)  It's a great car and a very different drive to the rather inert Q5.  Even the Cayenne is extraordinary agile and engaging for a big SUV.  I had one on loan when my Boxster was in for a service recently and it really surprised me, on a good way.

Are we off topic?  Only @Stuart21UK knows! ?

Archived