Maybe Selling My 981S

CPS

If anyone knows someone who wants a very high spec 981S  , I might be selling mine, if the right deal comes along.

I listed it on PH yesterday, and have already had the usual calls from dealers and brokers, but given it has 2 years Porsche Warranty, would want to see that as part of the value I return.

link to ad

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/boxster-981-12-16/porsche-boxster-981-24v-s-pdk-2012/7600756

4 hours ago, CPS said:

If anyone knows someone who wants a very high spec 981S  , I might be selling mine, if the right deal comes along.

I listed it on PH yesterday, and have already had the usual calls from dealers and brokers, but given it has 2 years Porsche Warranty, would want to see that as part of the value I return.

Dealers won't take that into consideration & you don't get a refund on any outstanding balance of a warranty if  you trade in, so hope you get a better deal selling privately, I'm talking from experience here, once bitten etc ;)

Well that does look a very high spec. I would think you should get that price, seems reasonable to me.  981 can be picked up for under 30k but that is an unusually high spec and with 2 years warranty, you would likely be around 40k in an OPC.

Price about right for the mileage and its a great spec - although the PTV puts me off and I'm not that hot on the black wheels. Hope you find someone willing to be sensible and give you your asking price.

Ditto.

The wheel colour can be changed. I don't like black wheel full stop, it's just a personal thing.

PTV - is that not just selective rear braking , rather than a LSD ?

1 hour ago, Patt said:

I saw the add yesterday .

I dismissed it as not a serious seller: Only 3 dark pictures and the minimal of description.

As the thread title says, Maybe Sell!!

I agree the pictures are pants, but my thinking is, anyone serious will look at the specification (whichI have not seen the like of in the last 18 months) and ask further questions if need be.

I've already had loads of interest and have options to way up.

Re the PTV, I think it a combination of Torque Vectoring, and an Electronic LSD,. Whatever it is it works!  never had once instance of understeer and would have it again.

I was concerned by the potential for additional pad wear, but recon it equates to no more than £200 over 10k. So well worthwhile for the additional performance. 

1 hour ago, topradio said:

That's a HUGE spec car, I don't think that I have seen many with more options.

Shame it white with black

#boring.

I have GT with Red (as you know) and I would happily have that white/black with black...looks ok to me...white is the new Yellow and all that

Appreciate the help understanding the PTV, and your honest input into the possible extra running cost of it CPS.  From the posts I've seen on here, it hasn't received very favourable comments on here.  I guess it would be a try it and see scenario, a bit like the new rear steer stuff - takes a bit to get used to/trust.

That clip is so corny it's untrue Chris !

For what it's worth I too think the car is a great spec and the pricing is good. 

Personally I'm not in the position just yet to be able to buy without selling first.  And that's before I fight my inner voice nagging me the kitchen still needs to be completed.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, CPS said:

GLWTS CPS, looks a smasher!

I noticed your above comment re. the 2 year Porsche extended warranty.

I recently made preliminary arrangements to put my Cayenne S back in the warranty system (subject to 111-point check, once I've owned it 90 days).

Anyway, my point is that the 'sell' from a local-ish OPC was that in the event that I sold (or crashed etc) the car, the warranty premium would be refundable on a pro-rata basis - so long as no claim had been made prior.

Is this not the case?

Cheers, Baggers.

1 hour ago, bagss2 said:

GLWTS CPS, looks a smasher!

I noticed your above comment re. the 2 year Porsche extended warranty.

I recently made preliminary arrangements to put my Cayenne S back in the warranty system (subject to 111-point check, once I've owned it 90 days).

Anyway, my point is that the 'sell' from a local-ish OPC was that in the event that I sold (or crashed etc) the car, the warranty premium would be refundable on a pro-rata basis - so long as no claim had been made prior.

Is this not the case?

Cheers, Baggers.

I'd be surprised about this being available on the 'just sold' it scenario...I'll check my policy...

...here you go, this is copy/pasted from my warranty doc:

7. Cancellation
Whilst we want You to be happy with Your Policy and the coverage it offers We understand there may be
circumstances in which You may need or want to cancel Your Policy.
You may cancel Your Policy, for any reason, within 14 days after receipt of the Certificate by contacting Your
Porsche Centre/ Porsche Service Centre whereupon you are entitled to a full refund of the premium paid by
You. A refund cannot be made if You have made a claim against the warranty Policy.

Other than in the circumstances set out in the ‘Change of Vehicle Ownership’ section, once the 14 day period
has passed You will be unable to cancel Your Policy and no full or part refund will be available in respect of the
Policy premium.

Change of Vehicle Ownership

In the event that Your Vehicle is sold during the Period of Cover to a private buyer or to a Porsche Centre/
Porsche Service Centre, the Policy shall continue in force in relation to the Vehicle.
In the event that the Vehicle is sold by You during the Period of Cover to a non-private buyer such as a
commercial dealer or reseller that is not a Porsche Centre/Porsche Service Centre, the Policy shall terminate
automatically and You shall be entitled to receive a pro rata refund for the unexpired Period of Cover as at the
date of sale
. In order to claim the pro rata refund You must notify any Porsche Centre/Porsche Service Centre
in writing, submitting appropriate proof.
The Policy is not transferable to any other vehicle than that shown on the Porsche Approved Warranty
Certificate.

So there you go!!!

Be interested in how you get on @CPS . I'm also tempted to get mine on the market before the end of 'summer'

Just bought a new house and the garage is 1cm too small for the Boxster...... and tbh the funds would be really useful to use against new extension, on said new house..... :(

Although mileage is a little high for some people. And colours are always a personal choice. With that spec plus the warranty I reckon you have that up a little on the cheap side of things IMO

I assume you've had a fair bit of interest!?!

Honest mode on: Ad is awful and pictures are dreadful. Car is undervalued, you could get that price from a PX.

Good luck with the sale! Not that you will need it. 

Archived