What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

MOT at local OPC and let them wash it for me for a change.  Drank their coffee and ate their buns - bargain for £54 quid. 

charged the piwis laptop and fuelled  up for Gaydon run tomorrow. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Looking good. What did you use.

I used Car Polishing Pads for Drill,Heatigo 14 PCS Buffing Pad Polishing Wheel Mop Kits with 2 PCS Rouge Compound, Cone/Column/Mushroom/T-Shaped Wheel Grinding Head, for Metal Aluminum from Amazon.
I used nushine metal polish which I already had mainly with the mushroom pad. I would recommend a metal polish on to get the majority of the job done then the polish soap suppliedxlXElAJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kevin450 said:

I used Car Polishing Pads for Drill,Heatigo 14 PCS Buffing Pad Polishing Wheel Mop Kits with 2 PCS Rouge Compound, Cone/Column/Mushroom/T-Shaped Wheel Grinding Head, for Metal Aluminum from Amazon.
I used nushine metal polish which I already had mainly with the mushroom pad. I would recommend a metal polish on to get the majority of the job done then the polish soap suppliedxlXElAJ.jpg

Many thanks for the info.

• Like 1

What most people frown upon, I added weight, put sound deadening Dynamat in the doors. 

Was fixing the missing seals romprevent wet door carpet, so while I was there I added in the sound proofing. 

Doors sound a little better now when shutting. No longer have that tinr rattle to them. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, fewtrees said:

Cleaned, minor compound polish and Collimate then cleaned the leather with Pears and Renapur afterwards.

IMG_2378IMG_2392

IMG_2399

IMG_2410

IMG_2414

IMG_2419

Popular photo spot that Viaduct  just outside Holmes Chapel :)

Cleaned roof with Gtechniq W5 solution (3 times) followed by brushed-on 1 coat of Protex Black restorer and 1 brushed-on coat of Protex weatherproofer.  Done over 3 days of dry weather.  No need for all that masking-off business seen in videos, just have a cloth handy to quickly wipe off any spills.  Happy with the results.

BEFORE

bQXpjZr.jpg

CVMHTET.jpg

AFTER

Db6Klxp.jpg

p9e8AF9.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JonSta said:

Must be something going round - fabsilled my roof and cleaned the leather with pears soap. Smells like a newborn baby. 

@JonSta do you just use the pears soap to make a sudsy solution and wipe with a cloth, or something else? And then do you treat it afterwards or just leave it to dry?

I got one of those foam scrubby washing up sponges - like I buy for my wife on her birthday - and a bowl of warm water. Dampen the sponge and rub the soap bar till it's good and sudsy, wipe all over whatever you want to clean, leave it for about a minute to lift any dirt then wipe it off with a towel trying not to make too much mess. Then just leave it.

I was a bit shocked how much grime came off the wheel. Nice and matt looking now.

• Like 1

Got my Boxster out of the winter hibernation and took it for a drive! I had the battery removed all winter and car had stood for six months. I used a CTEK battery tender about once a month on the battery and battery showed good health. I plugged the battery in, turned the key and the car started! All I had to do was the window regulation and I got the PSM message, which cleared once I got out of the garage. Oh boy it was fun driving it!

However, I have one more issue. When first starting I got "Fault headlight control" or similar. My car has the PDSL Xenons, and I noticed that the light do not turn as they did before. I need to check the fuse, and if it's not that, I need to get the OPC to check it.

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 1