What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 5/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, BBB said:

I cleaned and reproofed the hood yesterday @Finbox, using Fabsil gold. It goes on really well with a wide paintbrush. 

Just to let you know. Fabsil has uv protection. Fabsil gold doesn't. 

38 minutes ago, BBB said:

Ah, that’s good to know. Thanks.

Yea i got caught out with that as well.  Ended up having to use the Protex kit to restore the colour.  Which was a great kit TBH

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

^^ this guy is dedicated :)  ^^

Haha, thanks!-) 

Today I replaced the old rusty wheel bolts with shiny news ones. Improved the look of the car alot, it's bothered me a bit that is has had the ugly looking rusty bolts.

• Like 1

So, I got the roof cleaned and reproofed today. It was not too bad, I used the Autoglym set. Checked a few Youtube videos and decided to apply the proofer with a small paint roller. That worked quite well, and I got away with only masking the edges of windows with tape. Some proofer still ran, but I was prepared for that and cleaned it quickly. Now the roof is very black and great looking!

I also applied conditioner on the plastic trim pieces. The Autoglym stuff for this is great, but I always seem to over-apply a bit and that stuff is a nightmare on the paintwork.

On Monday the car is off to a detailer, they'll clean the bodywork and wax it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scaramanga said:

What do people feel is the best proofer for the canvas roof ?

Fabsil for UV protection 

Fabsil Gold for better water repellency 

no bad choices. 

Apply it with a new paint brush and keep a wet edge. Keep a wet rag to hand and wipe any overspill immediately 

36 minutes ago, craigjam said:

It's clearly the season for it, I've just done mine with the Renovo set - cleaner, two coats of dark blue reviver and one coat of  "ultra proofer" just gone on.

It's a much richer blue colour now and the round marks have nearly gone.

I have circular marks on mine too. What causes them? 

3 minutes ago, BBB said:

I have circular marks on mine too. What causes them? 

It is where the hood rests on supports when down. Mine are very pronounced as I rarely have the hod up.

• Like 1

That is cool! I went for lunch with my daughter today, and parked next to a pristine fully restored 60's 911. The 987.2 Boxster is a small car by today's standards, but it looked a behemoth next to that 911.

The car was polished today, they first buffed it and then waxed it. It looks very shiny now, and the top is black and great looking! I still have the MOT to do, but otherwise I plan on just driving it for the summer!-)

XQbXIT5.jpg

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Del_tl1000r said:

Very shiny indeed and you've still not got the roof down!😕

@Finbox, he has a point - forecast even in Rovamiemi (on the Arctic Circle in Lapland for our non-Finnish viewers) was 20°C today...

• Like 1

Just now, Menoporsche said:

It’s Finland, you can’t put the roof down above 5C, you get eaten by mosquitoes!

Ah yes, not just temperature, other environmental conditions come into consideration too!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Del_tl1000r said:

Very shiny indeed and you've still not got the roof down!😕

Haha, I've gotten a few opportunities the last weeks. For this picture the top was up as the car was parked. It's now the pollen season, leave the car standing outside it's full of pollen. ;)

It's not that bad weatherwise anymore. It's just that the summer starts very late, summer is usually fine with 20-25 degrees.

Anyway, happy drives guys!

On 5/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, Del_tl1000r said:

Showed my car off at this event today. 

IMG_20220522_182230

This was the standout car for me! Beautiful 40 year old, 911 SC. Just as nice on the inside.

Screenshot_2022-05-22-16-56-17-53_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817

IMG20220522112548

IMG20220522135649

IMG20220522135724

IMG20220522135906

I was also at the show on Sunday and I agree with you about that outstanding 911 I think it came second in the voting for best car and what a great turnout for the event I think this year was a record attendance 

Just spent the morning with Chis and Pete at Centre Gravity, to say the way my car drives now would be a understatement!! Totally transformed it. It was basically crabbing down the road before, so much for Chimp fit and there Hunter alignment, trust me money well spent.

• Like 3