What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Replaced the elastics on the roof. They were a bit stretched to say the least. 

Easy fix. £1.50 for 1m of elastic (only need 5" per side) and 20 mins of my time for both sides. I reckon half of that time was probably spent trying to get the thread through the eye of the needle 😂

Roof fabric goes into the gulley everytime now. 

Gotta love cheap fixes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris D said:

Replaced the elastics on the roof. They were a bit stretched to say the least. 

Easy fix. £1.50 for 1m of elastic (only need 5" per side) and 20 mins of my time for both sides. I reckon half of that time was probably spent trying to get the thread through the eye of the needle 😂

Roof fabric goes into the gulley everytime now. 

Gotta love cheap fixes. 

Did mine when I bought the car 6 years ago with the OH over the shoulder bolder holder elastic... Still going strong.. Cheaper than your fix...🤪

New front discs to replace the slightly rusty set the car came with.  

Also had the front springs replaced with new springs from Porsche, unfortunately even though the previous owner had just replaced them for the last MOT they were the wrong springs so the front of the car sat far too low and made for some nervous moments over bumps.

4 hours ago, Grizzlee said:

Had my wheels powder coated, pretty pleased with the results 

BClQLfA.jpg

These look great, I want to get my lobster claws refurbished and I’m leaning towards black even though everyone is telling me to stick with silver for the black car!

Lobsters are fine in black provided you leave the rim silver, as they break up the black. Look at Black Edition 987s for an illustration. My own wheel style doesn’t have such a defined rim so we couldn’t. 

16 hours ago, 944GS said:

These look great, I want to get my lobster claws refurbished and I’m leaning towards black even though everyone is telling me to stick with silver for the black car!

Thanks, I was in two minds whether to change the colour or go with black again, but I think the all black look works and makes the callipers stand out. Plus I asked my daughters and they said definitely black 😀

59 minutes ago, Grizzlee said:

Thanks, I was in two minds whether to change the colour or go with black again, but I think the all black look works and makes the callipers stand out. Plus I asked my daughters and they said definitely black 😀

Whereabouts in Cheshire do you hail? We have a run out tomorrow morning from Wilmslow at 7am . See thread in Trackdays etc.

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Whereabouts in Cheshire do you hail? We have a run out tomorrow morning from Wilmslow at 7am . See thread in Trackdays etc.

I'm in Warrington so not far away at all, but unfortunately I'm busy tomorrow so can't make it.

Thanks for the invite, maybe catch you next time.

Washed it.

Fitted new wheel centre caps sourced with help from this forum.

Fitted led kit sourced from eBay for interior lights and frunk/trunk. 
Fitted Bluetooth connector to iPad lead (PCM 3.0) while weight up options for CarPlay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SpeedyGee said:

Which LED kit did you fit @tommyboy?

Hope eBay links are ok:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384802297565?fits=Car+Make%3APorsche|Plat_Gen%3A987|Model%3ABoxster&hash=item59980116dd:g:S5gAAOSwn8Rh~b2q

Reading the blurb it’s put together by someone off the forum? Found it pretty straightforward and easy to fit for a nice updated look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Laney456 said:

Correct these are my kits... but I'm not allowed to advertise on here (understandably). I do have an advert on 987 owners FB page.. or the link is there 

I have fitted one of @Laney456 kits and they are superb. Concise instructions and all bulbs clearly labelled.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

I have fitted one of @Laney456 kits and they are superb. Concise instructions and all bulbs clearly labelled.

Happy to second that, a great kit 👍

• Thanks 1

I never understood if there was a difference between 7.1 and 7.2 as to whether CANBUS-friendly bulbs are required for the latter, as it does use some LEDs in places. Perhaps they are only not required in those specific places.

7 hours ago, Pinewood said:

ordered. 

987.2 and not sure if mine are led or not (never really looked) but after 13 years, figure they need a change. 

Looking forward to a report on this.  I tried several interior LEDs in my 987.2 and all of them started flickering after a couple of months, i gave up and embraced the retro look😃