What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

25 minutes ago, SpeedyGee said:

If your car has Xenon headlights, you will have a level sensor on the front suspension and on the back. 

Only halogen on mine.👍

3 hours ago, philw696 said:

Got mine up and running after doing the IMS seals and down off the two post lift been out for a lovely roof down drive on my local national roads here in the Pays de Loire France.

Looking forward to being in that area too in 4 week's time.

• Like 1

Attempt number 2 at changing pads & discs today after finding out that someone previously had changed over the front fitting kit to support rear(?) pads & sensors. Discovering that last weekend definitely threw me off as my new pads wouldn't fit 🤣 Top that off with the ebay seller sending me the wrong sensors I just left the pads for today.

New fitting kit ordered and correct sensors arrived and voila! Finally new pads

y5Kdjks.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeedyGee said:

Good to hear you got the new pads fitted.

Where did you get the fitting kit from?

Just eurocar parts actually. I think it was a Pagid Kit for roughly £18 with the current discount 

15 minutes ago, SpeedyGee said:

Thanks @Quinten

So front and back ones are exactly the same?

Depending on what way up you have it 😜 I just cleaned mine up and coated with high heat paint.Maybe I'm just mean or saving for hoses..Who knows.

• Like 1

I see different part numbers for front and rear on a 987S for the fasteners.

99635295901 Front ( and I assume rear for non S)

95535296000 Read ( S )

Front kits about £52 , Rear kit £47 inc vat before discount.

Are the pins longer on the S ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SpeedyGee said:

Thanks @Quinten

So front and back ones are exactly the same?

I think the the front and rear are different. The ones already on my car (The long ones I am holding) are what came with mine and were holding in brake pads suited for the rear of the car. So I imagine the rears are different since I had to order the one via ECP to get my new pads to fit. 

5 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I see different part numbers for front and rear on a 987S for the fasteners.

99635295901 Front ( and I assume rear for non S)

95535296000 Read ( S )

Front kits about £52 , Rear kit £47 inc vat before discount.

Are the pins longer on the S ?

It also seems to vary per car, so as the first part number seems to only be suitable for NonS 987. I originally ordered "95535296000/1" via Design911 but they didn't have stock, so went via ECP instead. 

1 hour ago, TGI_J said:

I think the the front and rear are different. The ones already on my car (The long ones I am holding) are what came with mine and were holding in brake pads suited for the rear of the car. So I imagine the rears are different since I had to order the one via ECP to get my new pads to fit. 

It also seems to vary per car, so as the first part number seems to only be suitable for NonS 987. I originally ordered "95535296000/1" via Design911 but they didn't have stock, so went via ECP instead. 

The S has bigger calipers front and rear, from the 996 C2.

The part number you given is a Cayenne series number but is also listed for the 987 S front as per @TGI_J. 996 352 959  01 is the parts cat listing for the pins and spring plate kit for a 987 2.7 front or rear as per @SpeedyGee and also 987 S rear.  

• Like 2

car goes in Wednesday for a new passenger regulator, anything I need to highlight to the Indy regarding the water/weather seal as car lives outside. 

2 hours ago, Pinewood said:

car goes in Wednesday for a new passenger regulator, anything I need to highlight to the Indy regarding the water/weather seal as car lives outside. 

I guess other than make sure it goes back correctly (resealed) then make sure Indy replaces any door card clips that break.  They also form part of the waterproofing in as much as without a clip there is a hole….  

• Like 1

@Pinewood 

Also once done suggest check the window is fitted as it needs to be to prevent wind noise when roof up.

Window height and rake are both adjustable.

I'd also personally use an original Porsche OE part for this job.

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

Washed dollops of white house paint off it!

Got builders in, one is going to touch up around new switches for the electric shutters, do I have any of the same white paint left from interior wall painting. I found a near-empty 5L tin in the garage and said he should look in it to check it hasn't dried. No screwdriver handy to pop the lid so he just shook it violently - and dislodged the loose lid and splashed about 8 tablespoons over my orange bonnet! Luckily I have a tap and hose in the garage, so immediately washed it all off, as much as I could see.  If there are any traces left once it's dried I'm sure they'll come off with cutting polish.

• Sad 2

I drove it like I stole it!-) Had very fun two hours on the empty country roads here, 3rd gear mostly. Mine seems to go 150km/h 3rd@7000rpm, bit fast for the said country roads. I'm quite happy that the car is now serviced, all is good and it's great to drive.

4 hours ago, 944GS said:

Booked in for next week to get my wheels refurbished, black car with 19” lobster claws, just need to decide on colour but leaning towards black for a change.

Maybe anthracite just to lift them a.bit and give them some definition. Black can be so flattening on a wheel.

• Like 1