What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Can you drive around town on rough roads in sport without losing your fillings? Assuming you have fillings.

Most definitely can, it’s very smooth and compliant, the harder/faster you go you can feel it stiffening up, as mentioned earlier the original one was  faulty, and I thought at first shyate what have I wasted my money, but the replacement is a revelation 

17 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Most definitely can, it’s very smooth and compliant, the harder/faster you go you can feel it stiffening up, as mentioned earlier the original one was  faulty, and I thought at first shyate what have I wasted my money, but the replacement is a revelation 

Did you tune it or is that right out of the box?

On 8/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, bally4563 said:

From design 911 , yes mine is a 1, so you have to fit the three axis accelerometer as well

Glad you finally got one Mick!

Are you impressed? I thought it made a huge difference to my 987😎👌

16 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Glad you finally got one Mick!

Are you impressed? I thought it made a huge difference to my 987😎👌

Most definitely Gareth, although initially panicked when I didn’t realise I had a duff one !!!

Mick

200 miles just being out and about in it today.  Had to give in and put the roof up at one standstill stage on the m11.  Car was showing 35 outside temp and it was all a bit too warm sat baking. Nice that the a/c was super efficient at cooling me down.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Well those wheels are VERY black!

They sure are, gloss black, I know lots of people don’t like black wheels and I’ve never had them myself before so I was a bit worried going back to pick it up but I’m really pleased with them. 

My wheels are black and I love them, but a silver rim keeps definition, which most think is nicer aesthetically. Had to lose mine as the new style didn’t have the definite rim that yours has. 

Edited by Menoporsche

3 hours ago, andy987 said:

Hovered and cleaned the interior, also got rid all the dandelion fluff that was on the roof with a microfibre cloth 

Lint rollers are also good for the roof, £1 from Ikea and their rolls have loads of tear off strips.

Yesterday now, but replaced the ball sockets that pull the roof up & down so got that working again. Replaced the elastic on the passenger side at the same time so that beds correctly in the frame once more. Replaced a brake light bulb but obviously haven't done it right as still getting the same warning on the dash. Filled the wiper fluid but have a leak somewhere so will need to get the wheel arch liner off & get a closer look.

All bits of work that have been on the to-do list for a week or so but weather & keeping an eye on the new pup all keeping me away from it.

• Like 1