What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 8/21/2022 at 6:26 AM, iborguk said:

+1, although I remember the first time the other half caught me lint rollering a roof..the look was priceless…

Cars are our midlife crisis children 

Upgraded the interior cabin lights to LED, which is really easy to do and makes a huge difference.
  Door puddle lights
  Footwell lights
  Glove box light
  Main dome light (up by the rear view mirror)

Cleaned the rubber door seals and treated them with product to protect and keep them supple.

• Like 1

Mot today-

failed lol but not the end of the world

lambda reading high(due to my blowy exhaust-new one going on at weekend anyway)

Small brake pipes from the rear callipers rusty,and a broken spring.

first mot I’ve put it through in my ownership -so I’m pleased there’s nothing drastic wrong with it

15 minutes ago, And.rs1800 said:

Mot today-

failed lol but not the end of the world

lambda reading high(due to my blowy exhaust-new one going on at weekend anyway)

Small brake pipes from the rear callipers rusty,and a broken spring.

first mot I’ve put it through in my ownership -so I’m pleased there’s nothing drastic wrong with it

What exhaust are you replacing with? 

Just now, And.rs1800 said:

Plenty of loud  classic minis with straight cut gears and big power in my not too distant past.😎

Just don't say you weren't warned!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SpeedyGee said:

Not done any car stuff for a good while mainly because she's been behaving well and being rewarded with topless runs out in the fantastic weather of late.

I do need to look into a slight knock from the front at some point and also give her good interior clean. 

Tuning fork...

Decided to fit my new exhaust today-got the old one off easily enough(previous owner had fitted bolts in place of the studs on the cat flanges)

the new one was supplied with the wrong bolts,so need to get some tomorrow-and I think it will need a bit of persuasion with a big hammer to stop it rubbing on the body.

good news is the broken spring the mot tester said I had isn’t broken at all-just the paint flaked off ffs

5 hours ago, And.rs1800 said:

Decided to fit my new exhaust today-got the old one off easily enough(previous owner had fitted bolts in place of the studs on the cat flanges)

the new one was supplied with the wrong bolts,so need to get some tomorrow-and I think it will need a bit of persuasion with a big hammer to stop it rubbing on the body.

good news is the broken spring the mot tester said I had isn’t broken at all-just the paint flaked off ffs

That'll save you £1500 or so then!!!

• Like 1

The missus was moaning about the lack of noise since I put the OEM maninfolds on. So, today I put the stainless headers back on. This time, hpwever, with 90 degree mini cat extenders for the 02 sensor (post cat). Hoping it keeps the CEL at bay. Otherwise, map time.

Edited by Chris D

Fitted new Bosch wiper blades
Bosch Part Number 582S from Amazon £21

Also fitted the Porsche rear drain hole covers / filters to stop any debris from getting into the drain lines.
Porsche Part Number 987.561.487.00 from local OPC £13

Edited by Dan888
  • Like 2