What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

I did suggest 

@CAZ

do the honourable thing in the car park, and provide me with a bit of elasticated material from her person, whilst Mr 997 was out of earshot 😂

I always carry a stapler in the boot for a damsel in need 😎

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Is the caption "Oh no my bloody roof elastic's gone AGAIN..."

Must be contagious as mine went today after only ‘fixing’ it a couple of weeks ago - sewing needle and elastic thread attention given

17 hours ago, NICTRY said:

Must be contagious as mine went today after only ‘fixing’ it a couple of weeks ago - sewing needle and elastic thread attention given

I do it a different way , I loop some elastic around the rear frame stretch it tight and tie it onto the fabric, that you are stapling into 100% success every time when I’ve done this fix on multiple cars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I do it a different way , I loop some elastic around the rear frame stretch it tight and tie it onto the fabric, that you are stapling into 100% success every time when I’ve done this fix on multiple cars

...you can pop over to mine sometime Mick and show me how :)

Just had a 4 wheel alignment at Tuned UK, close to Wrexham. I had this done last year, but the replacement of my front water pipes in Feb, including dropping the front subframe meant a trip back for a fast road setup. To say the difference was night and day is almost an understatement and it’s the best £100 I’ve spent on the car. Superb and highly recommended.

Edited by Patrick1964

Ordered front engine mount replacement from local OPC, for a total of £138.

Hoping this will magically fix a vibration in the drivetrain around 3000 rpm and an occasional pendulum effect at the rear if pulling hard out of a roundabout.  If not, dmf seems to be the next candidate.

Front engine mount

1 x 9A1 375 023 22 Console for engine mounting (numbered 2)

2 x 9A1 375 257 01 Stop (numbered 3)

image.png.907cf63c64269ab34349073898147e70.png

Not mine , but a 2.7, changed the gear box oil, like a Knife through butter now, probably first time in 105k bloody stank!!

Did it the cheats way and put a 40mm hole through the Ali tray, saves any potential geo issues, by removing.

Just now, bally4563 said:

Not mine , but a 2.7, changed the gear box oil, like a Knife through butter now, probably first time in 105k bloody stank!!

Did it the cheats way and put a 40mm hole through the Ali tray, saves any potential geo issues, by removing.

If anyone wants to know where to place the hole , ask away.

Stone chip shattered my windscreen today. Replacement scheduled for next Friday as long as I'm willing to make a round trip of 60+ miles. Boring & I have an excess of £100 to pay but better than paying for the whole thing myself.

It will be lovely to have flawless new glass, especially when night driving. 

2 hours ago, McDonald said:

Stone chip shattered my windscreen today. Replacement scheduled for next Friday as long as I'm willing to make a round trip of 60+ miles. Boring & I have an excess of £100 to pay but better than paying for the whole thing myself.

who is doing the replacement? 

have you insisted on OEM? 

please update us with how you get on

Just now, Pinewood said:

who is doing the replacement? 

have you insisted on OEM? 

please update us with how you get on

Auto Windscreens will be doing the job, I did say OEM but they've told me it'll be Pilkington Glass. As long as it has the same elements, it'll be better than the 17 yr old glass. They tell me the full price is £1553.19 so I must be grateful it's mostly covered by the insurance.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, bally4563 said:

IMG_20211113_1226572.thumb.jpeg.0bf87fe908cda698312d1c34cedec81b.jpeg

Attached buttons. No more stitching..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, McDonald said:

Me too. Booked in with Autoglass on the 20th.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185196917@N04/51990717555/in/dateposted-public/

• Like 1