What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Well, the original guesstimate for the Taycan was £65k if I remember correctly, they missed that one. I'd say an entry price of about that is probably realistic. It's gonna be way past the 2025 forecast date if its taking them a couple of years for a GTS, so I'll probably get something else (pre-loved) in the meantime. F-Type or M2 maybe.

11 minutes ago, emil2099 said:

The steering wheel was starting to get a little tatty so popped down to Royal Steering Wheels for a re-trim. Very reasonably priced services given the quality of the job. 

5wsmXf3.jpg

That looks great! Royal did my steering wheel and it is on of my favourite upgrades I ve done on mine. They seem to use high quality alcantara and the colour is spot on to my oem arm rest👌

MOT day, 3,800 miles in the past 11.5 months.

Although it’s higher than I thought it would be I’m quite chuffed with that.  I used to average 6-700 a year in the Elise and this was bought with the intention of getting more use - evidently that plan is working.  Bearing in mind it’s still just an unnecessary plaything, I don’t need a car apart from to satisfy the petrolhead bug.  I don’t use it for work or shopping trips 😁

Here’s to another year devaluing the car and bringing more value to my days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to share this little story, but wasn't sure which thread to use, so Mods feel free to move this if required. 

I was sat in my car, in our local surgery car park this morning, waiting for my wife to have her flu and C-o-v-i-d jabs.  I had the window down, and an old fella came up to me and said "that's a lovely car, Sir".  I thanked him, and we got chatting, just to pass a bit of time (the wait was about 90 mins...). 

He was asking all sorts of questions about the Cayman, and I mentioned how I came to buy the car with my inheritance.  He said that was a great idea, and my Dad would have been so proud.  It struck me that this old guy was only a few years younger than my Dad when he passed away...  Just makes you think, so I thought I'd share it on here.

I've had some nice comments about the car previously, but chatting with this old man really made my day :thumbsup_still:

• Like 8

I swapped the brake wear sensors over today. I changed the rear pads a few weeks back but couldnt get the old sensors out of the pads without breaking them. Cut, twisted, taped and zip tied temporarily. Ordered a new pair. £5 each or something like that from ebay.

Fitment was simple enough. Took less than 10 mins per side including jacking it up and whipping the wheels off & on.

Kept the old ones. Soldered, doubled over and heat shrunk.

Bagged for later. Will fit these if I ever swap over to pads that don't come with the slots for the sensors (i.e.fancy Pagids etc).

Edited by Chris D

49 minutes ago, Chris D said:

I swapped the brake wear sensors over today. I changed the rear pads a few weeks back but couldnt get the old sensors out of the pads without breaking them. Cut, twisted, taped and zip tied temporarily. Ordered a new pair. £5 each or something like that from ebay.

Fitment was simple enough. Took less than 10 mins per side including jacking it up and whipping the wheels off & on.

Kept the old ones. Soldered, doubled over and heat shrunk.

Bagged for later. Will fit these if I ever swap over to pads that don't come with the slots for the sensors (i.e.fancy Pagids etc).

I used to do the cut and join the brake pad wear wire when changing pads, after all, the pads are very easy to do a visual check on.

I bought these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133893177115    Super neat and if you need to put the original pads back with sensors, its easy to swap back.

I did see them in design 911, but found this one on the bay yesterday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193239370801?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nYQiueamT--&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tJcqna9PRqK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Arrived today and in pretty good condition, will be going on tomorrow.

Door is the worst, very rippled, guessing its an imprint from the crashbar inside the door.

Managed to make the wing mirror serviceable (once the glass arrives) while I find a replacement. On that note how easy is retro fitting power fold and puddle lights. Found a set in Birmingham with both!!

3 minutes ago, Justchris said:

I did see them in design 911, but found this one on the bay yesterday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193239370801?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nYQiueamT--&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tJcqna9PRqK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Arrived today and in pretty good condition, will be going on tomorrow.

Door is the worst, very rippled, guessing its an imprint from the crashbar inside the door.

Managed to make the wing mirror serviceable (once the glass arrives) while I find a replacement. On that note how easy is retro fitting power fold and puddle lights. Found a set in Birmingham with both!!

If it came to it...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224910763324?hash=item345db9e53c:g:zlYAAOSw~x9iQvaf&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsC6zBQbujrJ5E6mQMgM6EMOVVxDCE1JtDCrv55hkRdoUbeCpVUQRrWwGgb90blSFzz2NMawZG0CpLGq8VqMYYaVmxRH%2FSmw1eC2yC%2FHFPcmF6Xz0C7q76DqTYJKIqxFxCVuZVzizUKgQbP4Gt%2B42taMVIpbXOQNGo1BBAte%2FkpuBeXQZwJOa7q4o1H1nUir5bCEivndJlFGJJw8K8TdFTCoQfAXWcmJdieQC2IB43lME|tkp%3ABk9SR57nl8P0YA

9 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Thanks I've added that to my watchlist just in case.

I'll run her down to a local friendly body shop on Saturday and see what they can do and how much its likely to be. I may get the repacement side panel re painted and get him to touch in the gravel rash around the side panel on the other side while he's at it.