Will they write my car off, So P1ssed off

the baron

8 minutes ago, the baron said:

I couldn't really capture the extent of the damage with my iPhone so there's not a lot to show as the body work is now immaculate 😀

So at the risk of using an inappropriate slang term to enquire about money, "what's the damage?"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, the baron said:

I couldn't really capture the extent of the damage with my iPhone so there's not a lot to show as the body work is now immaculate 😀

Didn't you need to send photos to get a quote.? 

1 minute ago, PaulQ said:

Didn't you need to send photos to get a quote.? 

Nope, I sent a video to Mr Dent which again doesn't really show off the damage 

15 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

So at the risk of using an inappropriate slang term to enquire about money, "what's the damage?"

He did a few other dents around the car for free that he pointed out as I said I would take a photo of him working and upload it to this forum and I would recommend him which I have no qualms doing as he really has done an excellent job.

In all he hammered out around 10 dents and was working on the car for around 3 hrs.

£220 (Not vat registered)

26 minutes ago, EVO Chris said:

that's is a superb price and well worth it, nothing worse than a few small dinks around you car......one of my pet hates.

Would probably cost more then what my car is worth to get all the dinks out of it 😂

Glad you got it sorted so cheap @the baron

36 minutes ago, the baron said:

In all he hammered out around 10 dents and was working on the car for around 3 hrs.

£220 (Not vat registered)

That's fantastic.

Just now, PaulQ said:

Would probably cost more then what my car is worth to get all the dinks out if it 😂

Glad you got it sorted so cheap @the baron

Thats what I thought and a body shop quoted in excess of £2000 to get it sorted, this guy was just superb, should have got the other dinks sorted years ago.

1 hour ago, the baron said:

Thats what I thought and a body shop quoted in excess of £2000 to get it sorted, this guy was just superb, should have got the other dinks sorted years ago.

That’s a great result, although you’ve had to shell out some cash, your car is now in better condition than before the incident👍

Cracking result!                               (sorry for the broken branch pun...)

Glad it has worked out without too much wallet cringing.

In other groups, we used to have dent meets - where everyone meets at a place convenient to the dent remover, then he works on all cars while everyone chats.

Good for the dent remover as he has no travelling time between clients and therefore cheaper for car owners as they don't pay for his travelling.  Last time I did one, it was about £40 a dent. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Araf said:

In other groups, we used to have dent meets - where everyone meets at a place convenient to the dent remover, then he works on all cars while everyone chats.

Good for the dent remover as he has no travelling time between clients and therefore cheaper for car owners as they don't pay for his travelling.  Last time I did one, it was about £40 a dent. 🙂 

Mr2 roadster crowd do this, they call it Ding day.

17 minutes ago, Araf said:

Never heard of this type of meet, sounds excellent, might try and do one at pussys when we are all a little safer

When i've visited french car shows at prescott hill climb there was always a dent guy going around and making a very good earning from it

I was told that a couple of dent guys fly from Portugal to Finland in about March, presumably at the end of the icy winter, they make as much money in a month as they do here in the rest of the year.

Ive sounded it out with Matt and he's up for a sally pussy meet when we are out of lockdown, so I will post something up when I have more details and can confirm a date, will need videos of your dents so Matt knows what he's letting himself in for, he will do a Stella discount too 😀

3 hours ago, the baron said:

he will do a Stella discount too 😀

but hopefully AFTER he has done the dent work....

Archived