WBAC

Virglas

2 hours ago, alank said:

Paid 33k last march, wbac yesterday 38k. Better than gold, haha!

Don’t forget you’d get at least £41k selling private WBAC will make a good profit on your 38k!

Mine was valued recently at £36k on WBAC.

I paid £39k nearly 5 years ago, and I was told it would fetch circa £40k private!!😀👍

Edited by martyn

The problem with selling is buying something else. Everything else is in short supply too and massively overpriced. I sold my BMW m240i just over 2 months ago before it went silly. Now I can't find anything to buy unless I want to pay a 10k premium over what the cars were about 10 weeks ago!!

• Thanks 1

News article today on stealing catalytic converters says how the prices of precious metals has rocketed due to pandemic travel restrictions. Presumably all that feeds into the global manufacturing and pricing difficulties.

Sell high, buy low.  Sell for the profit now, bank it, wait a year for the crash, then pick up something very nice.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:44 PM, Madlil said:

All good feedback to stop me from making a mistake!

I can't help but think the F-Type is all about the looks and the noise....I need to stop thinking about it....

I’ve got one, and you’ve absolutely nailed it!  Looks good, sounds great and the V8 is crazy fast.  But it’s not a sports car - kind of a mini GT (without the boot space!).

I’m thinking about 981ing it next time.

Just gone back onto WBAC and updated my mileage by adding another 100 miles and valuation has gone up again from £36,140 to £36,500 in 6 days. So still increasing!

My 2015 981 base on 9th September 2020 was £26,300, on 19 March, £28,820, today £33,000. 

Don't want to sell though, paid £38k back in 2016 so slow depreciation currently. 

Edited by tailslides

Latest increased valuation on mine has come back from WBAC, and FINALLY it has gone a few hundred quid over what I paid for it from RPM Technik 4 months ago - Woohoo, quids in, who ever said cars are not a good investment! :lol:

has anyone actually taken WBAC up on any of these offers recently? Be interested to see if they stand up to the increasing prices.

was tempted to sell the x6 for a quick profit, but SWMBO would chop my nether parts off with a teaspoon of I did 😫

1 minute ago, Mattman42 said:

has anyone actually taken WBAC up on any of these offers recently? Be interested to see if they stand up to the increasing prices.

was tempted to sell the x6 for a quick profit, but SWMBO would chop my nether parts off with a teaspoon of I did 😫

No. If selling would just rather get a decent valuation based on the car being seen first rather than this it's worth x and then knock it down approach. I'm sure it's worked for some but not sure it's for me.

14 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

I did back in March of this year. They did stand to the price minus a reduction for an alloy with a scuff and a couple of chips in the bonnet. They took about £300 off which I thought was very reasonable and expected 

18 minutes ago, tcornet said:

I did back in March of this year. They did stand to the price minus a reduction for an alloy with a scuff and a couple of chips in the bonnet. They took about £300 off which I thought was very reasonable and expected 

Good to hear! Almost seems like one of those urban myths of finding anyone who’d actually sold a car to them.

They’re just a trading name for one of the auction houses BCA was it?

Seems to me they would have a good idea of prices and a standard deduction rate card as they do end of lease inspections also. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to those that are interested in such things the peak may have passed. I got a valuation couple of few weeks ago (just for the giggles), today has seen a drop of £1100 from that value (pretty much in line with Alank quotes above.

Recently sold my DD Corsa, WBAC offered £8180, Arnold Clark offered £8782.

Expected to get knocked down a bit and as the car was pristine I was going to walk away if they played silly buggers. 

"Tidy car sir, £8784."

So £2 extra. 😂

11 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Recently sold my DD Corsa, WBAC offered £8180, Arnold Clark offered £8782.

Expected to get knocked down a bit and as the car was pristine I was going to walk away if they played silly buggers. 

"Tidy car sir, £8784."

So £2 extra. 😂

That's your bus fare home as Jim Bowen used to say.

24 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I happened to watch an episode of bullseye the other night… how bad do those prizes look now 🤣 (albeit they were probably awesome back then)

That's one game show they could bring back 

12 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I happened to watch an episode of bullseye the other night… how bad do those prizes look now 🤣 (albeit they were probably awesome back then)

That's one game show they could bring back 

They did with old Dave Spikey - wasn’t as good as the original 😫 although you can’t beat a bit of bully 

51 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

They did with old Dave Spikey - wasn’t as good as the original 😫 although you can’t beat a bit of bully 

I never knew that 😳!!!

1 hour ago, mike597 said:

Actually, it was less than a five minute walk. 😄

I honestly think I would have struggled to sell it for that privately, plus having the usual know shows, tyre kickers etc.

Lynn suggested using the £2 for a lottery ticket, frivolous woman that she is.