Anyone got a match

Chukkieegg

38 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

So a week after my mot issues now been stuck in the kerb side waiting recovery truck since 445 this afternoon think either drive belt or water pump or both have failed

I am now ready to torch it

Unlucky. When the water pump goes, it can often throw off the belt as the pulley will be wobbling all over the place. Any sign of water under the car?

9.27 pm and just got home

So car started making a creaking noise on outskirts of Nantwich then got onto a500 coming down to roundabout battery light and abs light came on steering went heavy

Next roundabout few hundred yards eml light came on and temp gauge rising so I pulled into kerb side and killed engine so yes may of leaked antifreeze hard to see in dark 

6 hours ago, the baron said:

Oh dear, don’t give up on her, just think of the good times you’ve had together, would you torch your partner after a particularly bad argument….

A love the wife don't love the boxster

B the bad outweighs the good by 50 to 1 as a bare minium 

2 hours ago, Chukkieegg said:

A love the wife don't love the boxster

B the bad outweighs the good by 50 to 1 as a bare minium 

If that’s the case probably time to sell 🙁

Sometimes you just get bad cars that keep going wrong no matter how much you throw at it

I kind of know how you feel.

We have a 2003 Honda Jazz with about the same mileage as the Boxster ( around 109k) and if ever I want to travel any distance and know that I need to get there and get back back without incident, I'd take the Jazz every time ...... maybe wrongly, but that's what my intuition tells me.

I have the service history on the Boxster from around 28k miles and we've owned the Jazz from about the same mileage. At the last check, the Boxster had had around £14,000 spent on it in garage servicing and repairs (almost all by previous owners), and I've probably spent around £150 on the Jazz over my ten year ownership doing the suspension lower arms, drop links and track rod ends and there's obviously oil / filter changes, a couple of batteries, tyres and brake pads to add to the bill, but I'd be surprised if the entire total ownership bill comes to more than a grand all up. 

Given that the Jazz probably cost around £8k when new and the Boxster was more like 5 times that much when new, it's surprising how many things do go wrong on what you might assume was a quality, up market product.

Honda Jazz forums are very quiet places ..... :)

4 minutes ago, CRC said:

I kind of know how you feel.

We have a 2003 Honda Jazz with about the same mileage as the Boxster ( around 109k) and if ever I want to travel any distance and know that I need to get there and get back back without incident, I'd take the Jazz every time ...... maybe wrongly, but that's what my intuition tells me.

I have the service history on the Boxster from around 28k miles and we've owned the Jazz from about the same mileage. At the last check, the Boxster had had around £14,000 spent on it in garage servicing and repairs (almost all by previous owners), and I've probably spent around £150 on the Jazz over my ten year ownership doing the suspension lower arms, drop links and track rod ends and there's obviously oil / filter changes, a couple of batteries, tyres and brake pads to add to the bill, but I'd be surprised if the entire total ownership bill comes to more than a grand all up. 

Given that the Jazz probably cost around £8k when new and the Boxster was more like 5 times that much when new, it's surprising how many things do go wrong on what you might assume was a quality, up market product.

Honda Jazz forums are very quiet places ..... :)

Nice

39 minutes ago, mike597 said:

Is that because most of the owners are deaf? 

Don't think so .... I think it's more to do with plastic coated brake lines that don't corrode, sheradised bolts that don't corrode or seize when screwed into aluminium etc.

I didn't expect gold plating underneath the Boxster, but just a few pounds spent on those thoughtful touches during the manufacturing process would make all our lives a lot easier.

S2000's are making serious money now ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CRC said:

Don't think so .... I think it's more to do with plastic coated brake lines that don't corrode, sheradised bolts that don't corrode or seize when screwed into aluminium etc.

I didn't expect gold plating underneath the Boxster, but just a few pounds spent on those thoughtful touches during the manufacturing process would make all our lives a lot easier.

S2000's are making serious money now ......

Spot the difference, Japanese vs European engineering....

Got to say wife's Honda crv is dull but it just keeps going average mot is £300 to get through this was only rear shocks it's gets an oil and filter change once a year with mot and about 15k less moles than the boxster but I don't need a 4seater to go to work 95% of time only me in it just been looking at cars and nothing gets me remotely interested so pretty sure if I do replace it will be another boxster

You can't beat a Yaris for longevity , both my kids had one as their 1st car , they're  literally bombproof , hope you get sorted with the boxster 

My usual answer to that question is;

My ar*e and your face ;)

However having no idea what you, or my ar*e for that matter, look like I realise I have been no use whatsoever. 

We sold our Boxster just over 3 years ago and I have to say I  don't miss it at all but would also have to say, Tesla aside, nothing much interests me these days.

P.S. our Boxster was supremely reliable over the 11 years we owned it even with all maintenance carried out by yours truly.

36 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

2 problems mick can't afford yours

Sell a kidney? 😛 I'm sure some man maths can make it work?

37 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

even on hooligan mode would be too loud for my neibhours

By the time you're in hooligan mode you'll be no where near the neighbours, since when do neighbours dictate what car someone buys?

38 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

otherwise I would love it

Looks like you have a sale there @bally4563 👍

5 minutes ago, EXY said:

We sold our Boxster just over 3 years ago

Steve, do you have any pictures of the wheels that were on yours? Hear they were awesome.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Steve, do you have any pictures of the wheels that were on yours? Hear they were awesome.

You are a bad lad 🙉

Actually KITT has just reminded me, I do have a hankering for a GR Yaris which if you squint a bit in poor light it looks a bit like a Jazz.

3 hours ago, Chukkieegg said:

2 problems mick can't afford yours and even on hooligan mode would be too loud for my neibhours but otherwise I would love it

Hooligan mode is fine it’s the asbo mode that can be quite worrying!!