What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

22 hours ago, red rocket said:

Try pulling them out fully and spraying the last foot or more with silicone. I had a problem with the centre belt in my Skoda leading to MOT failure and that fixed it. 

The seat belts now retract a lot better after cleaning yesterday and spraying with a silicone interior treatment spray. Also painted the bits of the cills behind the front wheel arches that I treated yesterday with kurerust

I went out for a drive.  25 miles of driving like my wife thinks I drive all the time.  All PSE. Mostly sport, some sport + and a Fair amount of manual mode.  

silly amounts of heavy baking and heavy acceleration and some plant the foot and let the pdk do its thing accompanied by some really nice pops and growls and nice “blippy” downshifts and for once not many people out doing their thing on the roads where I was doing mine   

sometimes I forget how quickly you can cover distance in these cars when you are trying  

got home and it was very hot and “boxster smelly” 

glad I cried off that last “zoom call of the day” and went out roof down and “give a sh*t” set to zero  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I went out for a drive.  25 miles of driving like my wife thinks I drive all the time.  All PSE. Mostly sport, some sport + and a Fair amount of manual mode.  

silly amounts of heavy baking and heavy acceleration and some plant the foot and let the pdk do its thing accompanied by some really nice pops and growls and nice “blippy” downshifts and for once not many people out doing their thing on the roads where I was doing mine   

sometimes I forget how quickly you can cover distance in these cars when you are trying  

glad I cried off that last “zoom call of the day” and went out roof down and “give a sh*t” set to zero  

What did you bake? Chelsea buns are my favourite 😂

11 hours ago, Paul P said:

All PSE. Mostly sport, some sport + and a Fair amount of manual mode.  

silly amounts of heavy braking and heavy acceleration and some plant the foot and let the pdk do its thing accompanied by some really nice pops and growls and nice “blippy” downshifts and for once not many people out doing their thing on the roads where I was doing mine   

Just like @Guvs on our run yesterday. Following and listening to the sound of his PSE was brilliant!

No work at the moment, so I washed the Boxster, even though it didn't really need it (Blimey, I need to get a life!) :lol:

I really ought to make the effort and try out the clay mitt and DA polisher I bought months ago, but by the time the car is washed and dried I've had enough and can't be bothered, ha ha!

11 minutes ago, Davey P said:

No work at the moment, so I washed the Boxster, even though it didn't really need it (Blimey, I need to get a life!) :lol:

I really ought to make the effort and try out the clay mitt and DA polisher I bought months ago, but by the time the car is washed and dried I've had enough and can't be bothered, ha ha!

Dry it by driving it ? 😛

4 minutes ago, Skidd said:

Finally, after 12+ years of ownership.....

I snapped the fecking 'B' on the rear boot badge with my cleaning mitt.  😫

That's annoying, bad luck mate.  Mine was broken when I bought the car, and I assumed it had been vandalised... :lol:  Looks much better now I've taken it off anyway, so it did me a favour in the end.

3 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Pic didn't land for some reason. The suspense is killing me.🤣

I wouldn't get too excited mate, it's just a Meguiar's drying towel :lol: (Pic displays fine on my laptop though, so dunno what happened there)

Just now, Davey P said:

I wouldn't get too excited mate, it's just a Meguiar's drying towel :lol: (Pic displays fine on my laptop though, so dunno what happened there)

Fair dos. I'll have to seek today's excitement elsewhere ;)

Yes good kit, I have a couple of the Autoglym equivalents and they make short work of drying mine.

1 hour ago, Skidd said:

If you use the Search, I think someone else had that problem and found a solution.

19 hours ago, Skidd said:

What colour badge I have a silver one I have just removed

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Yesterday 

Front and rear control arms and two front wishbones( with both lower bolts bar -stewards to get out)!! Kepted me busy

Mick - you are hard at it again! What technique did you use on the bolts? Hot axe again? Going to work on my front suspension over the winter as my bag of snooker balls is getting bigger and bigger!

Dave