What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

On 12/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, bally4563 said:

Next

potentially next , Change of plan for the New Year 3.4 S

Assuming this is what you bought (?), very nice. If you'd described it as silver with gold wheels, I'd have said 'urghh' but it looks great in the pics. GIves me an idea, in fact...

45 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Assuming this is what you bought (?), very nice. If you'd described it as silver with gold wheels, I'd have said 'urghh' but it looks great in the pics. GIves me an idea, in fact...

Platinum silver has a gold tinge to it so it goes well with the wheels 

50 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Car

There you go

I'm guessing that's your old 987 listed at the same garage. Advert states 

"Recently taken into part exchange against a later 981 via a very nice middle aged Gentleman"  😂

Edited by MickH
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Middle aged! You should take that Mick 😁.

Nice motor! Like many I wouldn't have put gold wheels on a silver car but that works well - very nice wheel design helps.

Looks like one of the Anniversary cars with that colour scheme.  I like it but then I like gold wheels on most cars

11 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Took it for a drive, got some photos in the empty car park and then had to change a headlamp bulb - I will never lose the feeling that I'm going to break something getting that fixing back in place

Definitely! Or the worry that it will eject over the bumper when you go over the first bump in the road.

38 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Took it for a drive, got some photos in the empty car park and then had to change a headlamp bulb - I will never lose the feeling that I'm going to break something getting that fixing back in place

Tip for you... get the headlight into position and as you push it back into place, turn the tool that you use to eject them (but the other way) it helps to lock it in place ;) 

Spent a few hours replacing the Boxster roof Elastics on the side so they sit correctly. Also changed the Headliner Elastics so they cover the inner workings correctly now also. 
 Was actually a quick and simple process, quite impressed with my Needle work.  

Edited by Drrncour

1 hour ago, Drrncour said:

Spent a few hours replacing the Boxster roof Elastics on the side so they sit correctly. Also changed the Headliner Elastics so they cover the inner workings correctly now also. 
 Was actually a quick and simple process, quite impressed with my Needle work.  

@Drrncour What are the headliner elastics and what did you change?

The Headliner never sat correctly at the sides when the roof was in the closed position. So I replaced these elastics as well. Your see the before Pic all loose and the after pic, headliner tucks in Nicley at the sides. Not the best pics 

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

IMG_5541.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Drrncour said:

The Headliner never sat correctly at the sides when the roof was in the closed position. So I replaced these elastics as well. Your see the before Pic all loose and the after pic, headliner tucks in Nicley at the sides. Not the best pics 

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

IMG_5541.jpeg

Thanks. I’ve never read a post about these before.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:33 AM, Drrncour said:

IMG_5539.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

IMG_5541.jpeg

Need to do this on mine, getting fed up with reaching over to the passenger side when closing the roof to ensure that the headliner sits properly. Any tips on best practice?

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Need to do this on mine, getting fed up with reaching over to the passenger side when closing the roof to ensure that the headliner sits properly. Any tips on best practice?

Cheers.

I’ve got to tighten the passenger side, so I’ll take some detailed photos and measurements of elastic size etc and get back to you. May be about a week before I get the time to do

Edited by Drrncour
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 5:07 PM, Drrncour said:

I’ve got to tighten the passenger side, so I’ll take some detailed photos and measurements of elastic size etc and get back to you. May be about a week before I get the time to do

Thanks, appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Whats the general consensus on tyres? The Potenza's that are on the car need to be replaced before the next MOT really so looking to get some new tyres over the coming weeks. Need 19" tyres so have been pulled towards the Conti SC7 or Eagle F1 SuperSport both about the same price really. I dont do the milage to justify the extra £300 a set for the Michelin PS4S although they are a pretty good tyre. 

7 minutes ago, Crudeoink said:

Whats the general consensus on tyres? The Potenza's that are on the car need to be replaced before the next MOT really so looking to get some new tyres over the coming weeks. Need 19" tyres so have been pulled towards the Conti SC7 or Eagle F1 SuperSport both about the same price really. I dont do the milage to justify the extra £300 a set for the Michelin PS4S although they are a pretty good tyre. 

I fitted Yokahama Advan's on my previous 987.2 in 19" size and found them a good balance at a reasonable price - i don't track my car and aren't a driving god so they worked pretty well for me. Fitted Avon's on a couple of cars too and thought they gave decent performance too

Edited by Mattman42
  • Thanks 1

A few of us have Goodyears (mine are an earlier version now) and very happy with them. Conti used to be popular here, I haven't heard much in the last 10 years, don't know why.

• Thanks 1

Fitted new GY Assym 6 (265/35/18) to the rear of my 986S earlier this year.  Brilliant dry weather and very good in wet weather, done over 2k miles on them now, much more grip than the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2s I had before.  Haven't had Michelin PS4 or 5 so can't give a definitive better/equal assessment, but at the price they are good value for the performance and confidence (no PSM/tc here) they give.  I will be fitting matching fronts, probably later this year, when the Dunlops wear down more.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Crudeoink said:

I have the Conti SC7 on the rear of my 535D, which is heavy on the rear tyres and I really like them. My local tyre fitter couldn’t get hold of the 35 profile Eagles I wanted so went with the Conti out of lack of choice, but haven’t regretted it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

i don't track my car and aren't a driving god so they worked pretty well for me.

I thought only driving Gods got on this site.🙃

Cr4ppy drivers need good tyres even more than great racers IMO.