What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

5 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I hope the cowboys didn't touch that end

Nobody wants a cowboy riding your ass!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

They put it right next working day so quite happy. Everyone can make mistakes, I think it’s how people react and correct them that counts. 

I agree with that generally but that could have been a lethal mistake.

After the front refresh, went for a short blast, alas still a noise 😡

Got home and grabbed the front wheel and gave the car a good rock and while the car settles sounds like a screwdriver rocking around in the belly pan any ideas? Other than I left a screwdriver in the belly pan 🤬

Even if I rock the car from the rear still the sound from the front, nothing is loose wondering if something is just rattling behind some plastic in the wheel arch, very puzzling🤨

Im very quickly realising why I Normally just let my usual Porsche indi do everything, going to try one last time before I spend the big bucks😞and give them a ring after the long weekend.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Got home and grabbed the front wheel and gave the car a good rock and while the car settles sounds like a screwdriver rocking around in the belly pan any ideas? Other than I left a screwdriver in the belly pan 🤬

Even if I rock the car from the rear still the sound from the front, nothing is loose wondering if something is just rattling behind some plastic in the wheel arch, very puzzling🤨

Im very quickly realising why I Normally just let my usual Porsche indi do everything, going to try one last time before I spend the big bucks😞and give them a ring after the long weekend.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Take it back to Spyder performance see how they react 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Take it back to Spyder performance see how they react 🤷‍♂️

It wasn’t Spyder Performance, that’s where I got the parts from, they have been brilliant! 

The top mounts are sorted and everything is fitted correctly, think it’s just a rattle 

It wasn’t Spyder Performance, that’s where I got the parts from, they have been brilliant! 

The top mounts are sorted and everything is fitted correctly, think it’s just a rattle 

Oh ok so the original outfit have been helpful thus far they might take a another look if only to retrieve the claw hammer for their shadow board lol

3 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Oh ok so the original outfit have been helpful thus far they might take a another look if only to retrieve the claw hammer for their shadow board lol

It has crossed my mind 🤣 but hoping it’s not 

11 hours ago, Boxsum said:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh! 

Have you checked for stones in the plastic under tray 

4 hours ago, the baron said:

Have you checked for stones in the plastic under tray 

I’m going to have a look at he weekend, half expecting to find a screwdriver 😳

something does not sound right 

Failing that I will take it to Porsche 

Check the spare wheel is done up tight. Also lift up the scuttle covers and where the top mounts are adjusted from to check for anything left behind. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Mine had the claw hammer under the roof! Didn't rattle though.

Just the most bizarre discovery...

3 hours ago, fizz said:

Drove it with the roof down on the hottest day so far if my short ownership. 

Really enjoyed the sun and damn you feel like you're sat on the floor next to these SUVs. 

I probably only have another 5 years of being able to clamber in and out.

2 hours ago, some bloke said:

I probably only have another 5 years of being able to clamber in and out.

That's an incentive for exercises & stretches if ever I heard one. Stay fit enough to enjoy the toy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Mine had the claw hammer under the roof! Didn't rattle though.

Just the most bizarre discovery...

Previous owner listed as Peter Sutcliffe?

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 5:21 PM, some bloke said:

What did you use for the top? It's on my to-do list.

Renova, Second coat in 5 years

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pordave said:

Some bloke

I’m afraid at 67 I am in the same boat as you, but what a five years I hope it will be.

🤓❤️I love every minute of driving mine

If I can’t clamber in and out as I get older I would rig up some sort of hoist system with the roof down, couldn’t live without my Boxster fix 😂😂🏎

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

If I can’t clamber in and out as I get older I would rig up some sort of hoist system with the roof down, couldn’t live without my Boxster fix 😂😂🏎

I’ve had mine rigged up for years...ready to go at a moment’s notice!😆

Just now, RS2 said:

I’ve had mine rigged up for years...ready to go at a moment’s notice!😆

Buy wisely and you’ll love it. I owned a Lapis blue 03 S for years. Loved it! Really pure little car, bags of character and best of all...no crappy, unreliable and overpriced tech. Honestly, I regret selling it

Received the pair of Osram D2S Nightbreakers ordered for a mere £38 all in from Amazon earlier in the week, good value spot posted by another member.  Hopefully I'll find time to fit them over the weekend and even find out how much discharge lamps deteriorate.

Aiming to get all the roof rubbers treated with Gummi Pflege too as there are some squeaks.