What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

34 minutes ago, Danncus said:

Went to look at a car near Blackpool yesterday from Wilmslow. Amazed to be greeted by a snowstorm 1 deg C

Sun and blue skies just north of Manchester and 9 deg

sCCvmG8.jpg

Welcome to England in the Spring.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Repaired the hinge on my storage cover with some Araldite, for the second time...  Must be more careful.

There is a proper fix for this, Lee from CPS  gave me the kit to do it, still good to this day and very sturdy

• Thanks 1

When out for a run this pm.  After getting through the snow (!?!) I change my route and got on to mostly dry road.  But she tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that she doesn't ahve traction control on a change of camber on a dry line/damp line roundabout at about 35mph with the temp at around 4.5°C on summer tyres.  The bit that really caught my attention was that I'd just taken my hand off the steering to change up so a one handed 'catch' was required. First time she's got me like that.

2 hours ago, the baron said:

There is a proper fix for this, Lee from CPS  gave me the kit to do it, still good to this day and very sturdy

@T911UK has them too at £25 +VAT +Del.  Araldite is cheaper for the time being, Boxster on a budget!

17 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Repaired the hinge on my storage cover with some Araldite, for the second time...  Must be more careful.

I repaired mine with a hinge from Wickes which happened to be a perfect fit. Riveted on and painted black...looks almost stock 🙂

Spent a nice morning in the sun at Hubbard Upholstery in Loughborough with @gary hubbard having a new vinyl rear screen fitted and talking Porsche and trimming.  Professional job done in about 2 hours and great value.  Can't tell you how clear it is when driving as I had the hood down on the way home, a bit of heat soak from the engine might help it to 'remember' the folded position.  Took a detour on the way home to check out some roads for the 23 May East Mids meet too.  Found some!  Did about 100 miles all in, only about 15 were on dual carriageway so an excellent day.

Before:

SPlEt3x.jpgJ4ft60X.jpg  

After

cnUMCvL.jpg

fh8SLXz.jpg 

• Thanks 1

Well Im at work for 12 hours, but still managed to clean the green mould off the soft top with Milton fluid.

Also checked the fluids, tyre pressures and cleaned all the glass with some vinegar infused glass cleaner I "borrowed" from the cleaners cupboard. 

19 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Well Im at work for 12 hours, but still managed to clean the green mould off the soft top with Milton fluid.

Also checked the fluids, tyre pressures and cleaned all the glass with some vinegar infused glass cleaner I "borrowed" from the cleaners cupboard. 

The cleaners won't want it back, they'd rather you kept it.

Started her up and let her idle for 10 mins in the garage, then turned off again and went back indoors. Roll on the summer!

4 hours ago, Dazzevans said:

Nice job, how much of you don’t mind me asking?

Me, I took the long haired admiral (she’s actually got short hair, but you get the point!) for a drive to the pub for a nice outdoor pint. 

Change from £250.

• Like 1

Well the car gas been in hibernation and lockdown since Oct 20.

Started first turn of the key today

But

Roof is stuck in the up position.

I'll be fiddling with micro switches again tomorrow.

Bu**er

31 minutes ago, Halfordwill said:

Sunflower oil is messy too, linseed is better!

I would check the handbrake switch first after a long layup it might be stuck 

It's working ( light on dash shows that ) The handbrake is not set when the cars in storage / garage 

This happened last year. I removed the micro switches above the mirror / interior light.  Worked it and used electrical contact cleaner and it worked all year. 

I think month's inaction has meant it's stuck

Job for tomorrow 991939951_2018-08-2120_12_38.jpg.e71a600a4e3003caa25e0c2445b1cc3b.jpg

Edited by stevemag