What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Last week I replaced the clip on the o/s roof arm to stop it popping off the spigot. Then noticed the square slider pad had snapped off in the runner so changed that too.

Then noticed the balljoint had snapped off the arm on the other side. Got one from Amazon for £15 and fitted it today.

Roof works perfectly now. 🙂

Inevitably, the foam drip tray now had a hole punched in it from where the arm was dangling loose minus its balljoint.

Dont know if its allowed a lot of water ingress into the cabin and fried the control unit under the seat.

Carpet feels dry, but thats no guarantee as far as I know

I stuck some strong tape made from fabric over the hole as a temporary repair, but one more thing added to the "To do" list.

Edited by Bradders59

29 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Last week I replaced the clip on the o/s roof arm to stop it popping off the spigot. Then noticed the square slider pad had snapped off in the runner so changed that too.

Then noticed the balljoint had snapped off the arm on the other side. Got one from Amazon for £15 and fitted it today.

Roof works perfectly now. 🙂

Inevitably, the foam drip tray now had a hole punched in it from where the arm was dangling loose minus its balljoint.

Dont know if its allowed a lot of water ingress into the cabin and fried the control unit under the seat.

Carpet feels dry, but thats no guarantee as far as I know

I stuck some strong tape made from fabric over the hole as a temporary repair, but one more thing added to the "To do" list.

Check under the carpet, not on top off, there is a waterproof membrane so water won’t seep through giving he impression of it being dry

Had it geo check now after all the suspension work and the Technobrace (and 997 shorter gear shift) from @bally4563 being fitted.  Feels almost like a new car and found myself sub-consciously smiling on the A14 as I took the long route round town to get home.  Time for a proper test drive.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Had it geo check now after all the suspension work and the Technobrace (and 997 shorter gear shift) from @bally4563 being fitted.  Feels almost like a new car and found myself sub-consciously smiling on the A14 as I took the long route round town to get home.  Time for a proper test drive.

👍

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

They drive like new cars after a suspension refresh 🏎👍

8 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Oh yes!  I can confirm that I now have a £35+k sports car that has cost me about £9k including purchase, parts and some upgrades over the last 2½ years!  One very happy bunny today!

1 hour ago, Bradders59 said:

Looks very similar to mine. Even the wheels are almost the same.

Blue hood too?  Wheels are GT3 lookalikes from a 996.

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Cleaned it and took it for another test drive after a final check on the rear suspension torques this morning (yep not quite fully tight).

UeCxQNQ.jpg?1r6nS2li.jpg 

Looking well tidy!

5 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Cleaned it and took it for another test drive after a final check on the rear suspension torques this morning (yep not quite fully tight).

UeCxQNQ.jpg?1r6nS2li.jpg 

Looks lovely apart from the split roof 🤪