What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

2 minutes ago, EagleStar said:

Put new all red rears on my SE in the summer due to the common flaking issue on the originals.  It makes a hell of a difference to the look of the car, much cleaner and meaner! 😀

Yes the original flaky ones got swopped over onto a car that went to WBAC , so was running with the original 987.1 type, of that one, was never happy with the look, but not wanting to stump up circa £500 , so with a little luck and due diligence all sorted for £120, mucho happy!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Yes the original flaky ones got swopped over onto a car that went to WBAC , so was running with the original 987.1 type, of that one, was never happy with the look, but not wanting to stump up circa £500 , so with a little luck and due diligence all sorted for £120, mucho happy!!

In fact old lights stuck on eBay yesterday, already sold, go to post out this morning, (due to the fact of not being greedy!!)

48 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

In fact old lights stuck on eBay yesterday, already sold, go to post out this morning, (due to the fact of not being greedy!!)

Wish I’d known as I bought a pair earlier in the week,paid £175 for the pair.Now tell me you let them go for much less....Doh just my luck.

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Wish I’d known as I bought a pair earlier in the week,paid £175 for the pair.Now tell me you let them go for much less....Doh just my luck.

65 included postage!!

I've glued some polystyrene to my garage walls to prevent damage to the car doors. The pain of grazing paint against breeze blocks is eliminated.

A friend attached a Ping Pong ball on a piece of string from the roof of his garage. When the ball touches his windscreen he knows he's in far enough.

Any other useful tips for garage parking?

I reverse in,  once my passenger side wing mirror is level with the pillar on the garage wall I know I have about 30cm behind me.  The reverse sensors back this up.  And I have some old sofa cushions attached to the wall at bumper height in case I go mad one day and ignore my own rules 🙃 

• Like 2

Nearly got T boned today :o and totally my fault.  I pulled in to apologise to the guy I cut in front of but he drove past shaking a loosely clenched fist in my direction.

Totally justifiable, my mind was elsewhere. :blush2: 

• Sad 1

Patted her bottom today as I walked past her - need to go out in her tomorrow to do an essential work run combined with picking up meds and posting them off to daughter who has just tested positive for covid 😭

11 hours ago, CAZ said:

Patted her bottom today as I walked past her

Just did that with the wife.  Now I have symptoms of Covid (body pains, headache, ringing in the ears).

Best wishes to your daughter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, andygo said:

I had a peep at my original M/C this afternoon. I can't really see any ID to differentiate the particular unit from the GT3 version. I suspect they have the same basic casting and are then bored out internally to the desired piston size.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Menoporsche said:

Many thanks Andy :) 

EDIT - just ordered it from the Ebay supplier. €86, plus 18 postage to Portugal. 

GT3 master cylinder just arrived. TRW box, liberally marked "trwaftermarket.com". Multilingual instructions inside, including telling me that TRW Portugal registered offices are 3 miles from my house...!

I see Andy's point, there really is sod all identification on the casting - and a paper sticker with a barcode and number "7482". Big whoop, let's see how long a paper sticker lasts on a brake MC when installed.

10 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

GT3 master cylinder just arrived. TRW box, liberally marked "trwaftermarket.com". Multilingual instructions inside, including telling me that TRW Portugal registered offices are 3 miles from my house...!

I see Andy's point, there really is sod all identification on the casting - and a paper sticker with a barcode and number "7482". Big whoop, let's see how long a paper sticker lasts on a brake MC when installed.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on any improvements it makes 👍

18 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

The trwaftermarket.com is quite good for looking up part numbers, but looks like they only sell via the trade.

18 minutes ago, AdyG said:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on any improvements it makes 👍

You haven't yet grasped how little I actually drive my car have you :D 

As above - I'm getting callipers repainted, thus refurbished, thus taking the opportunity to do this at the same time. I'm not expecting to feel much difference (if any, according to some comments above) but for "just" 100 bucks it seemed a sensible move. I couldn't justify it separately. 

Will let you know :) 

On 3/27/2020 at 5:43 PM, Menoporsche said:

Really? A few months you think?

I haven't seen UK specific predictions but I think the virus is peaking in various places in Europe, I think most of this will be over in 6 weeks.

Just reading back over the past year's posts. This one stands out for its optimism.

• Like 1

In a mood of cheery optimism I put my winter wheels on this morning. Then gave the cabin a spring clean. When I had finished I closed both doors and the windows failed to go up. Oh dear. As the car was in the garage I collected the key, switched on the igntion, waited 30 seconds or so and tried again, no joy, windows strayed in the open door drop postion while closed. So with both doors closed I opened the roof, windows dropped further to correct roof opening postion and roof operated correctly. Waited 30 seconds, closed roof, windows closed to correct postion and now windows drop and raise correctly as they should when opening and closing the doors. Bit wierd, anyone else experienced this cl*tch, if so, was it an indicator of a more permanant problem?