What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Took the car cover off so that I could run it and found my interior one of my mates described as baby poo brown was also covered green fluff. Tried no to cry in front of the Mrs as she has another project in my garage I have to finish welding up. Left her to clean it up for a bit and then stuffed a domestic humidifier in until it was down to 35%. I think it might be making a trip to my mum's garage sometime soon until this blasted lockdown is over.

On another note I can't get the keyfobs to lock or unlock the car anymore as the battery has been disconnected does anyone know if there is a trick ?

Yes Castrol SRF it’s the racing counterpart 

they do Castrol react however I believe this is not quite the same as super dot 4 as is recommended 

regardless CASTROL SRF has given me no problems over the lifetime of the car and as mentioned my pedal is quite solid / clutch stroke very smooth 

I notice when i bleed every second year the fluid comes out nice and golden 

• Thanks 1

Need to reach for the mothers to sort out that bad boy lol

not the worst I’ve seen 

if it’s a box it will be one of  the drip trays on either side of the convertible hatch or  the door membrane 

although if it’s under a cover it’s prob the damp/ dark conditions that’s allowed that mould to grow 

5 minutes ago, Buzzlt said:

Bloody damp weather and lockdown

Not green with envy if I'm honest! 🤔

I actually spent a little time today conditioning my leather, refreshing my dehumidifier bags and using Gummi pflege on all my rubbers.  I also use a dehumidifier in the garage which is running all of the time...

Yeah you can’t win if it wasn’t under the cover (Halfords supposedly breathable one) it would be green on the outside instead. It’s parked outside the house on a gravel drive. I did most of the leather with Glipton just before I laid it up at the end of November. I think the green stuff is just on the bits I missed. Bloody disgusting. Note to self - try harder next time.

Took her out for an ‘essential’ drive. 😀 First time out in her for a couple of weeks and great to be back behind the wheel.  These are such awesome little cars!!!

12 minutes ago, EagleStar said:

Took her out for an ‘essential’ drive. 😀 First time out in her for a couple of weeks and great to be back behind the wheel.  These are such awesome little cars!!!

Yeah me too.  First time in a month or more 🤔, now back under cover in the garage on the CTEK 😎

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, bally4563 said:

Done the GT3 Master Cylinder....Took some bleeding! 

Did you bench bleed (as per Internet wisdom) or not bench bleed (as per the MC instructions)? I still need to fit mine (going to do it after the MOT just in case I need to replace one of the brake lines) and am still deciding what approach to take.

49 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Did you bench bleed (as per Internet wisdom) or not bench bleed (as per the MC instructions)? I still need to fit mine (going to do it after the MOT just in case I need to replace one of the brake lines) and am still deciding what approach to take.

Pressure bled , on far rear corner,plenty of peddle action , took a while , but got there eventually, was not aware of MC instructions