What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

16 hours ago, JonSta said:

Did the pears soap thing on the steering wheel. Came up so well that I did the seat too. Came so well I did the seats and steering wheel in the citroen. Smells nice too which is nice as the citroen usually smells of damp dog. When I think of all the money I've spent on leather cleaners over the years I'm slightly miffed that a 55p bar of soap does a much better job.

I've also tried the Pears soap after reading about it on the forum. It's lovely when an inexpensive treatment turns out to be the most efficatious. I did follow the soap treatment with colourfast on the seats and that worked well too.

10 hours ago, McDonald said:

I've also tried the Pears soap after reading about it on the forum. It's lovely when an inexpensive treatment turns out to be the most efficatious. I did follow the soap treatment with colourfast on the seats and that worked well too.

Whats the pears soap treatment? Or should I not ask....

Just now, andygo said:

Whats the pears soap treatment? Or should I not ask....

No saucy fantasy, sorry.

Another thread (can't remember which) suggested washing the steering wheel and seats with Pears soap. Several other folk had followed suit and agreed it was good. It stops the steering wheel being shiny and smells nice. 

Just been out for a mental health reset, !!

Out into Cheshire, and then Peak District and Staffs Moorlands. Found some Snow up over the Cat and Fiddle, taking it steady, come around a bend and the feet went from under her, did a nice Ballerina Pirouette, with Armco approaching quite quickly, had visions!! but recovered it, went even steadier after that 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sa utah said:

I’d like to think I started the pears soap thing here.  It’s just the absolute best thing for the job ! 

I'm going for try it tomorrow. 

On 2/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Sp1boyo said:

From......

gZ2aZp9.jpg

to....

xTnNQ4d.jpg

to 3.5 hrs later...

Pml0pU6.jpg

Happy with that for my first go...

The steering wheel was doing my head in...

Was looking at that as well on AliExpress as I’d done the same to my previous BMW with great results. 

Doesn’t say in the listing but looks like you can specify the spec you wanted? 

3 minutes ago, Digidick said:

Was looking at that as well on AliExpress as I’d done the same to my previous BMW with great results. 

Doesn’t say in the listing but looks like you can specify the spec you wanted? 

Yes one of the pictures on the listing shows what you can order... I then sent the seller my requirements after placing my order 👍

5 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

Yes one of the pictures on the listing shows what you can order... I then sent the seller my requirements after placing my order 👍

Cheers. My only issue is the interior is navy including the airbag but one of those pictures does mention leather colour, might message them. 

After a suspension refresh (by Indie not me!) car needed 4 wheel alignment so got that done today. Great excuse to use the sunny weather to check everything was ok - cold dry sunny days take some beating😀.

• Like 1