What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

17 minutes ago, stevethegreek said:

Busy weekend - Changed wheels to some 19" lobsters that I picked up recently, fitted some spacers at the same time and got a Hunter alignment done. Frunk and boot struts replaced. Finished off with a quick wash and wipe down. Still got the HVAC switches to swap out, hopefully next weekend...

wFyiAvK.jpg

Looking good, what size spacers did you opt for?

32 minutes ago, minimoog said:

Today I discovered that my 15-min run out last week has resulted in a liberally stonechipped front bumper, where previously it was immaculate. Salt on the road I guess.

ar*e and feck.

That must be so annoying - commiserations!

On 2/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, McDonald said:

Thanks for your encouraging words. My steps are tentative but I loved this simple bit of maintenance. It may embolden me to remove the front bumper. I'd like to clean out any debris and put in some mesh.

You my friend are exactly where i am but one step further... I've got a makita tool kit... a trombone cleaner and youtube and pelican guides at the ready! 

Will be tromboning today and the front bumper mesh/clean debis is also high on the to do list which is getting longer by the day! :) 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, Buzzlt said:

New Frunk and boot gas struts ordered as per previous posts from Autodoc so thanks for those £49 all in.

Would you kindly be able to share a link for the ones you went for please? 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, Buzzlt said:

2 New rear tuning forks (like on the first post here) and 2 Front bump stop rubbers from Spyder - loving the layout of their updated website for the spares they offer. £167.70.

Spyder website?

1 hour ago, fizz said:

You my friend are exactly where i am but one step further... I've got a makita tool kit... a trombone cleaner and youtube and pelican guides at the ready! 

Will be tromboning today and the front bumper mesh/clean debis is also high on the to do list which is getting longer by the day! :) 

Tromboning the drains is so wondrously easy, you'll love it. Very good therapy, especially if you find rocks, leaves and /or twigs in your efforts. Keeping the car water-tight is top priority.

I'm still summoning up courage to remove the front bumper.

29 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Tromboning the drains is so wondrously easy, you'll love it. Very good therapy, especially if you find rocks, leaves and /or twigs in your efforts. Keeping the car water-tight is top priority.

I'm still summoning up courage to remove the front bumper.

I'm waiting for my trombone brush so I can join the club. I seem to have picked the only item Amazon didn't have in stock.🙄

1 hour ago, fizz said:

Would you kindly be able to share a link for the ones you went for please? 

Spyder website?

Hi Unfortunately I used the Autodoc app that I have on my phone. I’ve used it a couple of times before to order parts and it works very well. The parts come from Germany I think so they are a bit slow to arrive. However there is loads of choice so you can pick what ever brand you like. Until they arrive I can’t actually work out what struts I did order. There are some posts about it further up this thread as well though.

Spyder Performace is part of Eporsch in Bisley and they are sourcing and distributing the parts directly from the manufacturer in Germany. If you look up the various threads about parts Porsche sourced the parts from different manufacturers the likes of Meyle and TRW. The original parts are usually from a mix of suppliers anyway.

Luckily I am from Bisley and although I don’t live there any more they can still deliver to my mum 👍and give my car an occasional once over to check that I have put it back together right!

So it would seem the previous owner or his mechanic already cleaned out the drains under the hood as they were clean as a whistle. The trombone I already had in my possession seems to have a wider brush than the hole likes so almost got stuck in there. 

Threw some water down both drains and wanted came straight out the bottom and they should. 

As it was after work it got dark so couldn't look at the others. 

53 minutes ago, Buzzlt said:

Hi Unfortunately I used the Autodoc app that I have on my phone. I’ve used it a couple of times before to order parts and it works very well. The parts come from Germany I think so they are a bit slow to arrive. However there is loads of choice so you can pick what ever brand you like. Until they arrive I can’t actually work out what struts I did order. There are some posts about it further up this thread as well though.

Spyder Performace is part of Eporsch in Bisley and they are sourcing and distributing the parts directly from the manufacturer in Germany. If you look up the various threads about parts Porsche sourced the parts from different manufacturers the likes of Meyle and TRW. The original parts are usually from a mix of suppliers anyway.

Luckily I am from Bisley and although I don’t live there any more they can still deliver to my mum 👍and give my car an occasional once over to check that I have put it back together right!

AHH makes sense and thank you for the information. Deffo lucky with having connections there. 👍🏽

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I see you are in Cheshire, whereabouts?

Often have runs out

I'm local to Sandbach...  you're only in Scholar Green, I know it well.... up the hill 🙂 

Used to visit the Rising sun with a friend who lived in Scholar Green.

3 hours ago, Laney456 said:

I'm local to Sandbach...  you're only in Scholar Green, I know it well.... up the hill 🙂 

Used to visit the Rising sun with a friend who lived in Scholar Green.

When times are better you need to come out with us.Plus if you need any work doing you know where to come

Mick

Lubricated the hood, checked all the fluids, did the drains, tyre pressures etc.

Went for my first good blast this year to shake the dust off and get it properly warm. The Malverns are quiet at the moment and the roads out to Welsh borders were fairly good.

Fell in love with the car again. Never fell out of love really.

Tomorrow is a ‘wheels off’ wash and a day with the da polisher. My wife bought me some ‘special wax’ for Xmas that was VV expensive and came in a special box, so will see if it’s any better than my usual BH double speed.

Summer is almost here.

Passed 1st MOT since owning, so quite happy and nice little celebratory drive on way home 😊.

Did though get advisory that all 4 tyres weren't low on tread but all have some cracks - kind of knew it was coming, so looks like will be dropping some money for some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S this week.

Cleaned six drains with my new trombone brush. Silicone spray on the rubber where the roof meets the top of the windscreen as it was a bit gritty. Spray greased all the moving roof joints as there was a slight judder on the right side. And confirmed that I do have the two rain deflectors on the roof mechanism. 

This is my first soft-top so I’m slightly obsessed with it at the moment.