What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Haven't driven the car for about a week, and it's been sat on the driveway in freezing temperatures covered in snow most of the time, so thought I'd better go for a drive to keep things ticking over and make sure the battery was OK.  No problems at all, started first time and ran perfectly, as you'd expect.  Before anyone says "was your journey necessary" I can confirm that it was important - We had run out of bacon, so I drove to my nearest shop (a post office...) and got some! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Haven't driven the car for about a week, and it's been sat on the driveway in freezing temperatures covered in snow most of the time, so thought I'd better go for a drive to keep things ticking over and make sure the battery was OK.  No problems at all, started first time and ran perfectly, as you'd expect.  Before anyone says "was your journey necessary" I can confirm that it was important - We had run out of bacon, so I drove to my nearest shop (a post office...) and got some! :lol:

Bacon is a staple of life - should never underestimate the power of a bacon sarnie with brown sauce

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I drove to my nearest shop (a post office...) and got some! :lol:

Surely a poor decision? A less local bacon store would have brought the engine up to warm and delayed bacon sandwich gratification - making the sandwich even more delicious.

• Haha 1

Just sold my 19in Carrera S. And the guy probably wants my tailpipes that have been sitting around for 2-3 years :)  

Maybe if I’d waited another 3 months I could have got another 150 quid, but happy they’re gone. 

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Just sold my 19in Carrera S. And the guy probably wants my tailpipes that have been sitting around for 2-3 years :)  

Maybe if I’d waited another 3 months I could have got another 150 quid, but happy they’re gone. 

You breaking the tango machine? 

6 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Bacon is a staple of life - should never underestimate the power of a bacon sarnie with brown sauce

Schoolboy error, has to be ketchup.  Like Porsches, bacon looks best in red.

28 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Funny description Mick, but I know what you mean! Did you bleed the system OK? I think you have a vacuum filler don't you?

I know ,Dave difficult to explain ,however before my 1/4 drive knuckle joint locked ran out of movement,I’ve done 4 of these now  and have never not struggled, and yes Vacumn bled all ok, and quieter , bearing had a rumble, no play ,  but worth doing.

changed the brake light switch and also fitted my strut brace bars.

neither all that much of a ball ache to do, thankfully.

then took it for a drive - as mentioned before, this isn't a hibernation car, it's a drivers car!

happy valentine's everyone 😘😘

Fitted new grilles from The Radiator Grille Store in the US. Thanks to @Lonewolfgjp for posting them on his thread.

I felt I had to add some protection and wanted to keep the front of the car as OEM as possible. These were a doddle to fit, without needing to take the bumper off. They're secured with two supplied zip-ties which are completely invisible once trimmed.

A big thanks to Eric, who was really helpful in finding a cheaper courier than was auto-quoted on their website. They only took two days to ship, and I got lucky and wasn't charged any VAT / import duty on arrival.

Simple but great product and excellent service.

Here's a close-up front view:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wucEqoF.jpg[/img]

And one from a more normal viewing angle:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Tr16TTl.jpg[/img]

2 minutes ago, Bayernlarge said:

Fitted new grilles from The Radiator Grille Store in the US. Thanks to @Lonewolfgjp for posting them on his thread.

I felt I had to add some protection and wanted to keep the front of the car as OEM as possible. These were a doddle to fit, without needing to take the bumper off. They're secured with two supplied zip-ties which are completely invisible once trimmed.

A big thanks to Eric, who was really helpful in finding a cheaper courier than was auto-quoted on their website. They only took two days to ship, and I got lucky and wasn't charged any VAT / import duty on arrival.

Simple but great product and excellent service.

Here's a close-up front view:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wucEqoF.jpg[/img]

And one from a more normal viewing angle:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Tr16TTl.jpg[/img]

wucEqoF.jpg

Tr16TTl.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bayernlarge said:

Thanks Beaks, what did I do wrong that meant my photos didn't display? I followed the 'how to' to the letter.

no problem mate.

click in the 'other media' in the bottom right of the page (when posting) - select 'insert image from URL' and then copy the web address into there. 

that should be all you need to do 🙂

• Like 1