What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

11 minutes ago, pgk188 said:

Thanks Verner,  I'm sad to say the link just takes me to my eBay home page.......can you have another go please?

PORSCHE 911 997 987 BOXSTER CAYMAN 05-09 LED SIDE INDICATORS - CLEAR / DARK - UK | eBay

Try that....

@Verner

Liking the fogs, Many of them seem to protrude too much for me and have wide chrome surrounds. Cant really see yours in detail. Any chance of posting a couple of close ups of a single fitted foglight from the front and from the side. Much appreciated if you can.

Thanks

Edited by entdgc

48 minutes ago, entdgc said:

@Verner

Liking the fogs, Many of them seem to protrude too much for me and have wide chrome surrounds. Cant really see yours in detail. Any chance of posting a couple of close ups of a single fitted foglight from the front and from the side. Much appreciated if you can.

Thanks

The actual lens does protrude a little further than the housing, but nothing that even would worry me, and believe when I say I don't have OCD, I have CDO (Proper Alphabetic Order)!!!

TUwAOnF.jpg

Had a little bargain a complete set of HEL braided brake hoses , that I noticed on eBay apparently a returned purchase £25 all in, just shows with some searching bargains can be had

Started fitting said hoses , brake pipe flaring kit I bought a while back has come into its own!!!

15 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Had a little bargain a complete set of HEL braided brake hoses , that I noticed on eBay apparently a returned purchase £25 all in, just shows with some searching bargains can be had

Started fitting said hoses , brake pipe flaring kit I bought a while back has come into its own!!!

Perfect

little hand held.. perfect!

Actually did something. Chucked the plastic baffle in my inlet, refitted the covers with some mesh to keep small animals out and chucked the mucky old airfilter and replaced it with a foam one. Think I might take up a new career as a contortionist. Actually it wasn't too bad. If I'd been doing the same job in an Italian car I reckon I'd still be cussing at it next Tuesday. Being German it all went back together exactly like it came apart. Hoping for a bit more growly intake noise. 

Edited by JonSta

1 hour ago, Kirkm said:

Plugged trickle charger back in and noticed water in the frunk again! it did rain al day recently...

No idea how water gets there! any ideas?

Assuming the drains are clear and the battery area is,not swamped then perhaps

- dodgy rubber seal

- battery cover not correctly located allowing water to flover over the top of the seal

- plastic strips down the sides of the frunk incorrectly located

- headlights not correctly fitted/sealed, allowing water ingress via the hole for the headlight tool

Ooh thanks - I'll leave some paper inside key areas to see what happens under a water spray... maybe when its a bit warmer here!

previous leaks people found were rubber seal between the wall and frunk... which seems easy to check by undoing the black plastic completely... again a good job for a warmer day.

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, nordisch said:

I've changed my battery myself since the RAC wanted £166 to do it after diagnosing a failed cell. The OPC wanted £283! Surprisingly easy job.

These seem ridiculous charges for changing a battery. How much was the battery and how much labour in these quotes?  

Just now, McDonald said:

These seem ridiculous charges for changing a battery. How much was the battery and how much labour in these quotes?  

That I would also like to know,but you do have to factor in the labour of pulling your pants down 😂

On 1/31/2021 at 2:27 PM, beaks said:

Went for a lovely blast - for my sanity and to keep strong my promise of using the car every week.

As said numerous times - the day I decide to park the car up for winter is the day it'll be sold.

IMG-0870-copy-2.jpg

It is very difficult to get back from a blast without a big silly grin on your face. Went out today 'just to blow a few cobwebs' off the car. Suddenly realised I was quite a long way from home. Started trying to think of an excuse in case I got pulled over by de five-oh.

Edited by JonSta

10 minutes ago, JonSta said:

It is very difficult to get back from a blast without a big silly grin on your face. Went out today 'just to blow a few cobwebs' off the car. Suddenly realised I was quite a long way from home. Started trying to think of an excuse in case I got pulled over by de five-oh.

Just make sure when you get pulled you have "**** tha police" by NWA on full blast, they'll appreciate that.

Quite often, the reason I go for a drive in these times is purely to help my sanity and keep my own mental health in check.

• Like 2

Possibly fixed the annoying squeeking coming from the high level brake light rubbing against the window on my 987.2 Caymans .

It was sitting so gently against the window that its tiny flexing caused the foam seal to rub ever so slighlt and squeek.

I loosened the tw screws that hold it in place belted the metal brakets slighlt with the heel of my hand, moving the brackets a tiny bit closer to the window.

Refitted the lamp, now a little snugger fit and peace reigned.

Sorry about the lack of photos, but if you have a Cayman, you will know how to get at the lamp housing.  :)

Did the pears soap thing on the steering wheel. Came up so well that I did the seat too. Came so well I did the seats and steering wheel in the citroen. Smells nice too which is nice as the citroen usually smells of damp dog. When I think of all the money I've spent on leather cleaners over the years I'm slightly miffed that a 55p bar of soap does a much better job.