What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

4 hours ago, McDonald said:

Washed the car, then a top down drive to our local farm shop. These are the first photos of my first Porsche.

https://imgur.com/a/I4ZGdPR

It's a delight to drive. 

Keep hold of that shot or send a copy to @Malcolm E Box for the 2022 BoXa.net calendar.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, minimoog said:

A couple of small adhesive felt pads (the sort for furniture feet etc) just under the top clips will stop the inevitable rattling.  

I followed this tip and it worked a treat. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Pinewood said:

could you post a pic of exactly where these felt pads are placed? 

Happy to post the pics but not sure they'll help. I can't see them, which is obviously a good thing. I used 4 of the smallest pads and fitted them to the side wall of the glass, top & bottom.

https://imgur.com/a/fzcykOe

• Thanks 1

The new PS4’s make a night and day difference 

I think they offer more grip in the wet and give more confidence on dry vs what I can remember from brand new PS2 and SS 

I had mine mounted on a Hunter machine as well for the first time 

Edited by Tper8181

3 hours ago, Tper8181 said:

The new PS4’s make a night and day difference 

I think they offer more grip in the wet and give more confidence on dry vs what I can remember from brand new PS2 and SS 

I had mine mounted on a Hunter machine as well for the first time 

Totally agree.

I was previously running Goodyear Eagle F1's and I was never that confident with it in the wet but with the PS4's it literally feels like a different car.

9 minutes ago, Sp1boyo said:

Which Fluid do you use? I getting mine changed next week and am between ATE and RBF 600 ... planning on couple of track days at some point .. 

ATE, to bleed the system I was just decanting back in again as I only had 200 ml left( own  fault thought it was a full bottle, never checked before I started) so now going to do a full change out.

• Thanks 1

Taking advantage of the sunshine, I washed the steering wheel and seats with Pears soap ( as recommended on this forum ).  Then applied colour lock Shwartz Black ( as recommended on this forum )to the seats. Then washed the car with McGuires NXT. All very satisfactory but I'm struggling with the windscreen. I've cleaned it with Angel Wax but it's still not right. It's either tree sap or the screen is terribly pitted. I've also contacted Dent Devils as there's a small ding in the offside front wing.

https://imgur.com/a/N28F095

17 hours ago, droptop said:

Totally agree.

I was previously running Goodyear Eagle F1's and I was never that confident with it in the wet but with the PS4's it literally feels like a different car.

just to be clear guys, are you referring to MPS4 or MPS4S in these posts?