What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Took the rear wheels off for some new rubber and gave them a deep clean and wax. Cleaned and painted the rear disc bells whilst I was there and thoroughly cleaned the calipers. Fronts off tomorrow for a deep clean then all the wheel bolts will be wire brushed and painted. 

• Like 2

Took my car to Paul Stevens at Purely9 in Yateley for a minor service on Thursday.

Gave the wheels a good clean and polish while they were off.

It needed a new pair of front bump stops and dust bellows, but otherwise all ok. 

The only problem was when I pulled up and wound my window down to say hello, the regulator broke. That turned a routine service into a much bigger bill :(. Paul had it all sorted within a day though.

I highly recommend Paul - very knowledgeable, no hard sell and a lot more affordable than OPC (obviously). I’ll be going back.

4 hours ago, Bayernlarge said:

Took my car to Paul Stevens at Purely9 in Yateley for a minor service on Thursday.

Gave the wheels a good clean and polish while they were off.

It needed a new pair of front bump stops and dust bellows, but otherwise all ok. 

The only problem was when I pulled up and wound my window down to say hello, the regulator broke. That turned a routine service into a much bigger bill :(. Paul had it all sorted within a day though.

I highly recommend Paul - very knowledgeable, no hard sell and a lot more affordable than OPC (obviously). I’ll be going back.

Depending on you mileage, but if you are at 60k miles or more it could be worth considering new top mounts too whilst it is in bits, they have to come off to change the bump stops so shouldn't cost any more labour.

Brake fluid change, started as a bit of bleeding after a recent brake pipe change, and felt the pedal was a little spongy, so vacuum bled from the near side rear , had enough fluid, so just kepted going !! 

Took the car out for its first proper drive since getting it back to Ireland. Parked up in a stunning spot on the coast road outside Ballyvaughan, car lined up nicely to show the sea and the Burren, then realised I'd left my phone at home.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terryg said:

Took the car out for its first proper drive since getting it back to Ireland. Parked up in a stunning spot on the coast road outside Ballyvaughan, car lined up nicely to show the sea and the Burren, then realised I'd left my phone at home.

What a shame.  You'll have to go to the inconvenience of doing it again!

• Like 1

took some time in the nice weather this after to do a full on wash/clay/compound/polish/glaze/wax -

just of one panel 😂

@red rocket if I f**k up the formatting - would you mind doing the usual? ta!

It looks like after some untold number of year - i've finally nailed the posting of picture links 🤣

leave reception of the internet, and onwards into year 1... 😂

0gPff5k.jpgwClnIbb.jpg

sdHZo0h.jpg

Edited by BERGS2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BERGS2 said:

took some time in the nice weather this after to do a full on wash/clay/compound/polish/glaze/wax -

just of one panel 😂

@red rocket if I f**k up the formatting - would you mind doing the usual? ta!

It looks like after some untold number of year - i've finally nailed the posting of picture links 🤣

leave reception of the internet, and onwards into year 1... 😂

0gPff5k.jpgwClnIbb.jpg

sdHZo0h.jpg

Which products do you use....great job. Black is such a rewarding colour to detail, until the dust settles. 

10 hours ago, skoosh1970 said:

Which products do you use....great job. Black is such a rewarding colour to detail, until the dust settles. 

Haha - yeah - tell me about it!

there is a large hedge right (neighbours) next to my driveway, which has come exotic shrubs.

Look lovely in the summer, but who knows what toxic pollen/discharge thay manage to produce around now, which pretty much sticks to whatever goes anywhere near it!

its tucked up for the night in the garage 😂

Product wise - i did (after a waterless wash & quick going over with the clay bar):

Meguiars Ultimate Compound

SRP

Poorboys Black Hole (this is great on a black car!)

Harley Wax

its just the time!!!

You only ever have one black sports car , well I did .Since then I tend to go for light colours silvers , grays , pale blues etc .Call me lazy ……but sooooo much easier to live with .If you analyse it in your ownership history they are only washed , gotten wet a fraction of times compared to black .

I do sympathise with black car uses who aren’t  professional drivers.

1 hour ago, philw696 said:

Love Harley's Wax bought two tins in 2010 and still on the first one at 61 will see my Motoring days out.

exactly the same here! -

rusty old tin probably had for 7-8 years, but the product seems totally fine - as befits the nature of what it does! 😂

47 minutes ago, Boxer boy said:

You only ever have one black sports car , well I did .Since then I tend to go for light colours silvers , grays , pale blues etc .Call me lazy ……but sooooo much easier to live with .If you analyse it in your ownership history they are only washed , gotten wet a fraction of times compared to black .

I do sympathise with black car uses who aren’t  professional drivers.

yeah - but i'm a masochist and love wasting time in multi stage polishing schizz

oddly rewarding when you can hive of the time

Both back boxes had split so needed replacing. Indie I take it to fit a Design Tek switchable valve exhaust with 3 settings on a key fob . Loving' the sound, can't get enough on 'LOUD' 😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John T said:

Both back boxes had split so needed replacing. Indie I take it to fit a Design Tek switchable valve exhaust with 3 settings on a key fob . Loving' the sound, can't get enough on 'LOUD' 😜

great stuff, had the Designtek on my Cayman, great piece of kit 👌

Coughed up for an intermediate service at Lorimer & Findlay today. Front brakes stripped & cleaned + brake fluid changed.

Front brakes were needing that. Braking performance vastly improved on journey home.

That's my service record fully up-to-date now ready for the next owner when I get round to seriously selling it next month. Short break to Ireland's wild atlantic coast planned for w/c 17th April, then it'll be up for sale proper in the usual places when we get back. Sad times.

15 hours ago, cptspaulding said:

Coughed up for an intermediate service at Lorimer & Findlay today. Front brakes stripped & cleaned + brake fluid changed.

Front brakes were needing that. Braking performance vastly improved on journey home.

That's my service record fully up-to-date now ready for the next owner when I get round to seriously selling it next month. Short break to Ireland's wild atlantic coast planned for w/c 17th April, then it'll be up for sale proper in the usual places when we get back. Sad times.

Let us know the route you select and post some pictures. I was on the Kinvarra to Ballyvaughan stretch and then a few miles outside the latter on the coast road last Sunday, it is stunning.

Passed its mot last week .So I have changed the oil and filter ( have a pit in one garage ) Mob 1 0-40 and Mahle filter .Checked other fluids , I did the brake fluid flush both sides of the callipers last Nov .

Lubed up the hood mechanism while checking the drains too = all ok .

So it’s good for go for another yr.Did 4600 miles between the last lub change April 22 .

I took the battery and side plastics off to check the front drains and found that the drains themselves were clear, but there was quite a lot of black leaf mush in the edges where the firewall meets the horizontal. When I washed this away there were small rust patches underneath which I have now wire brushed and painted with black POR 15. I guess the mush just sits there wet and finds any defects in the paint.

https://imgur.com/gallery/13Aqk6l

Edited by BBB
Added photo link

3 hours ago, BBB said:

I took the battery and side plastics off to check the front drains and found that the drains themselves were clear, but there was quite a lot of black leaf mush in the edges where the firewall meets the horizontal. When I washed this away there were small rust patches underneath which I have now wire brushed and painted with black POR 15. I guess the mush just sits there wet and finds any defects in the paint.

https://imgur.com/gallery/13Aqk6l

Got us all worried now 😀

nothing! As it was sunny, I took the bike to work today. first ride of the year being in April, embarassingly late by my standards!

Was a bit chilly on my hands with summer gloves... I did think it slightly ironic that I have heated hands option in the car but not on the bike :lol:

Edited by Bike Loon