What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

4 hours ago, 56split said:

Got the manual gearbox refitted to the 2.7 today. Job went well, no swearing or knuckle rash...probably due to the use of the gearbox jack kindly lent to me by @bally4563, thanks Mick.

Oh, I also sheared the bolt holding the brake pipe bracket onto the front brake carrier and failed completely thus far to get the pinch bolt out....on both sides. The fronts are supposed to be easier! but we're not talking about that, focus on the gearbox.

Have a great weekend all,

Mike.

Heat is your friend Mike for the pinch bolts I have a induction heater plus oxy acetylene for these difficult matters

Well, today I've sold my 987.2. I've had it for two years, and actually had planned to keep it longer. However, my colleague was selling his very nice 718S and I had first refusual for that... and could not refuse. I'll stay on the forum, but will bow out of the 987.2 topics and move to the 718 side of things. 

• Like 3

Fitted Numeric gear cables and a Rohler short shift….. what a pain in the ar*e job, followed the original gear cable run , could barely get the gears to select , even though there did not appear to be any kinks, ended up removing the plenum and routing the left side cable under it ….. got gears now !!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Fitted Numeric gear cables

Chatting with somebody with a manual 718 Spyder and he was stuck in France last month with a detached cable, you would have thought they would have sorted it by now

18 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Chatting with somebody with a manual 718 Spyder and he was stuck in France last month with a detached cable, you would have thought they would have sorted it by now

You would have thought so Tony, up until now I have never had a snapped gear cable out of the 6 I have owned, however my number came up!! Hence replacing with the Numeric cables, but not straight forward, however should any of the peeps go down this route I can offer sage advice on how to fit, got the skinned knuckles as a badge which now I know ….. I wouldn’t have 😂

4 hours ago, Chris D said:

Registered it on the classic register at OPC Nottingham this morning. 

Simply filled in a form and they took a copy of my V5 and drivers licence. They said porsche gb will be in touch. 

Is that about right?? 

Matches my experience.  But I am maybe 5 weeks in and have heard nothing.  Opc did say 6 to 8 weeks, but they did reduce my service quote by approx 180 quid based on “classic status” 

1 minute ago, Bike Loon said:

987.2 link is in the classified thread... its all @Arafs fault for posting links....tsk

:blush2:  Sorry - not sorry.  It was a real 'buy me' reserve.  The seller must be gutted. :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

987.2 link is in the classified thread... its all @Arafs fault for posting links....tsk

I'm sure you'll put up some pics once in your possession.

From the reaction, the penny dropped 😉  It was about the parking, not the possible damage...

Checked the drain channels are clear and treated it to a new key ring. Still waiting for the new centre caps to turn up...which is annoying as I am off work for a week now and sent them here thinking they would have arrived by now :(

52754986904_cd3c5c8ae6_o_d.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Checked the drain channels are clear and treated it to a new key ring. Still waiting for the new centre caps to turn up...which is annoying as I am off work for a week now and sent them here thinking they would have arrived by now :(

52754986904_cd3c5c8ae6_o_d.jpg

Out of interest. My keys are Silver.
Was that an option on the 987 or something? All the keys I've seen online are all black.

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Replaced the breather pipe from the AOS to banks 456 what an absolute pain in the ar*e of a job !!!

You are picking the hard jobs at the moment Mick!

Resprayed and refitted the engine cover and diagonals.  Took the drivers door card off and repaired the window switch which was intermittent (more not than up and down) and removed the front and back boot switches to repair the front toggle button.  All back together and working. Happy days.

Yesterday started to investigate the AC, should have started that earlier! Both condensers have multiple pin pr*ck holes so ordered them along with a dryer,  Question, has anyone on here found an O ring wholesaler that will sell in reasonable quantities...some joker wants £6.50ish on the bay of evil for one!  Thinking of putting some kits together for members to buy unless someone has beaten me to it.

Oh and fitted LED side lights into the fog lamp units.

Does anyone have any decent AC left and right inlet cowlings for sale and a right side undertray for my finishing touches?

Busy day, time for a well earned beer...

Have a great weekend all.