What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

41 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

On my 986 if the seat back is run against the stop other than briefly, it blows the 30A fuse!

That doesn’t sound like a good feature but at least you won’t get a flat battery from it!

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

They may look weedy but Boxster brakes tend to work really well if you push hard enough.

You want weedy, look at their sound systems...

Ha! Yes, they do seem to work well, and the fact that they need a shove makes it slightly easier to drive PDK with two feet.

Mercifully I have Bose, but even that sounds fairly limp using Aux from the phone - hopefully a Mr12Volt or some such will improve that.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

They may look weedy but Boxster brakes tend to work really well if you push hard enough.

You want weedy, look at their sound systems...

Nowt wrong with their 6 cylinder 'sound systems'.

1 hour ago, IroningMan said:

Yeah, but the locking wheelnut is in the wrong place on the front, so I didn't dare put up a pic of that.

I noticed you tackle the weeds in the drive issue with the first post too.  Wise man!

• Like 1

Replaced the breather pipe from the AOS to banks 456 what an absolute pain in the ar*e of a job !!!

Thats it all done

Pads discs and pads all round,handbrake shoes

Clutch flywheel RMS etc.

Numeric shifter and cables

Bastard Breather pipe job !

Brake pipe 

Renn line gear Knob

All ready for MOT , Saturday 

In the meantime, cutting and carving a big spanner to try and access ,Numeric cables to lock them in places you can just about see never mind get to.

Fair to say I’ve had enough!!!

• Like 1

Took it to OPC Glasgow.
Had a pair of Pilot Sport 4S fitted to replace the cracked front Bridgestones.

Had the broken passenger side roof pillar seal replaced also.

Got a Macan courtesy car. Not totally blown away with it. Just like a posh Q5 really.

Next stop indy on Monday for a 6 month oil change and MOT.

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

Thrashed it for 2 days around Yorkshire, what a run, empty roads and plenty of water. Saw the biggest and brightest rainbow ever 

Got a coolant leak Jon?  Hehe,  sorry,  couldn't resist 

Fitted a sprint booster. I had a lot of trouble getting the throttle pedal connector off so in the end I undid the pedal from the floor (only one phillips screw) which gave better access. I still broke the tab on the connector but it eventually came off. 

It makes an immense difference to the throttle response, especially in the initial movement range. The car felt immediately more perky in Sport mode and positively abrupt in Race mode.

Many smiles on the way to Porsche Chester, with roof down, to sign up to the Classic Register.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BBB said:

Fitted a sprint booster. I had a lot of trouble getting the throttle pedal connector off so in the end I undid the pedal from the floor (only one phillips screw) which gave better access. I still broke the tab on the connector but it eventually came off. 

It makes an immense difference to the throttle response, especially in the initial movement range. The car felt immediately more perky in Sport mode and positively abrupt in Race mode.

Many smiles on the way to Porsche Chester, with roof down, to sign up to the Classic Register.

Everyone takes the wee out of these until they fit one. Great toy.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

MOT this morning, sailed through and no advisory’s 😇

Damn well hope so after all the work you've just done mate!

Go and enjoy it now.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Damn well hope so after all the work you've just done mate!

Go and enjoy it now.

Thanks Chris must admit i would have been extremely surprised if it had of failed!!

Hacked the fog light DRL hack and fitted some low power (750 lumen) H8 LEDs in the fog lights. Works a treat and I managed to get it right with the first diode I tried - go me.

Discovered that I have a screenwash leak. Filled it up last Sunday and it’s almost empty again today. Presumably investigating this is a wheel off, arch liner out job?

• Like 1