What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

4 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

That looks lovely. I must get round to having my wheel redone, as it feels thin compared to the beemer

Yes, I thought the same, plus, I hate shiny steering wheels! I went for slightly thicker(1-2mm) and glad I didn't go for more, I think much more and it would be a bit too thick.

Has a slightly spongy feel now too, which I also like in a BMW.

Guys, I think you need to find a better reference point for steering wheels than BMW's. Small-diameter thick steering wheels rob the steering of feel and sensitivity, and the steering is one of the really good points of the 987. 

"It feels like it came from a BMW" is not a good thing when it comes to discussing steering wheels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

Guys, I think you need to find a better reference point for steering wheels than BMW's. Small-diameter thick steering wheels rob the steering of feel and sensitivity, and the steering is one of the really good points of the 987. 

"It feels like it came from a BMW" is not a good thing when it comes to discussing steering wheels. 

Hi zcacogp, would you care to share your opinion? 😂

As Mrs Merton might say... 

Done a few things that I’ve been meaning to do since getting the car back in November last year.

Fitted a new boot strut

Gave it a much needed wash (still needs waxing, waterproofing the roof)

Tested the new key works (new key case using old blade and transponder etc, sent the busted key off last week, quick turnaround!)

Pushed a net curtain wire through the drain holes to make sure all clear

Too cold and getting dark to clean the interior!!

Finally got around to changing my wheels round so I can send my 18s off for a refurb , once back the 17s will be up fro grabs , side vents are being plastidipped  roll on the summer hzUbZE8.jpg

Edited by Def1

6 hours ago, red rocket said:

Fixed my roof which was not seating properly in the channel on one side. Didn't need to fit new elastic; just folded the existing elastic over where it joins the fabric flap and stapled it in place.  

I’ll probably need to do this soon, just noticed the roof doesn’t always go in properly on the driver side - thank so for the tip!

7 hours ago, Pinewood said:

How's it sounding? 

A video or sound clip would be great! 

It sounds great, it is bringing out my inner child!!

I will five it a few weeks/months to be sure it is right for me. On cold start it is pretty loud in my opinion and I am not sure if it is fitting of a man in his 40's.

Wife thinks this is confirmation of my mid life crisis!

Have to say though, on the move, this thing sounds epic.

Will try and post some clips but only have a phone to use so not sure how good/useful that will be.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Camels said:

I’ll probably need to do this soon, just noticed the roof doesn’t always go in properly on the driver side - thank so for the tip!

In case you haven't seen it here's a more in depth repair:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rooose said:

It sounds great, it is bringing out my inner child!!

I will five it a few weeks/months to be sure it is right for me. On cold start it is pretty loud in my opinion and I am not sure if it is fitting of a man in his 40's.

Wife thinks this is confirmation of my mid life crisis!

Have to say though, on the move, this thing sounds epic.

Will try and post some clips but only have a phone to use so not sure how good/useful that will be.

Sounds perfect. 5 of us are planning a trip over to see Gert in March, with 3 cars having the exhaust modified. Can't wait. 

My wife has been saying I'm a child for 30 years 😂

43 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

Sounds perfect. 5 of us are planning a trip over to see Gert in March, with 3 cars having the exhaust modified. Can't wait. 

😂 

Driven it a bit more today. My personal opinion is that if it was my daily, it miggt be a little too much for my tastes, but as I use it for weekend blasts and the odd roadtrip, it is perfect!

I have no doubt you will be similarly pleae when you make your trip to Gert. I bet 3 cars together testing their new Carnewal exhausts will sound epic!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

I went over in August with my Boxster and a friend took his Cayman. Gert and his wife made us extremely welcome keeping us plied with tea and coffee whilst the work was carried out. As per ever other review I read, we too are both delighted with the Carnewal GT 😁😁.

Have a great trip over and enjoy 👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AdyG said:

I went over in August with my Boxster and a friend took his Cayman. Gert and his wife made us extremely welcome keeping us plied with tea and coffee whilst the work was carried out. As per ever other review I read, we too are both delighted with the Carnewal GT 😁😁.

Have a great trip over and enjoy 👍

How much do they charge for on site fitting? I’m seriously considering doing this and if I can turn it in to a couple of days road trip out of it, would rather do that than faf around trying to fit it myself (or more likely paying someone in the UK to do it for me)

30 minutes ago, 2001pt said:

How much do they charge for on site fitting? I’m seriously considering doing this and if I can turn it in to a couple of days road trip out of it, would rather do that than faf around trying to fit it myself (or more likely paying someone in the UK to do it for me)

The price advertised on Gert's website includes the fitting so great value.  The only addition will be for fixtures and fittings which undoubtedly will be corroded. From memory this added another €45 to the invoice. 

I took my dad as passenger and we did the trip in a day so quite busy but great fun. My friend and his partner made a weekend of it.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you won't be disappointed 👍

17 minutes ago, AdyG said:

The price advertised on Gert's website includes the fitting so great value.  The only addition will be for fixtures and fittings which undoubtedly will be corroded. From memory this added another €45 to the invoice. 

I took my dad as passenger and we did the trip in a day so quite busy but great fun. My friend and his partner made a weekend of it.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you won't be disappointed 👍

Ah excellent, hadn’t realised that, seems like a no brainer to me then. Thanks for the info