What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

41 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Coat of Topaz wax and a final coat of meguiers paint protect synthetic polymer coating for winter protection...

Shouldn't that be applied the other way around i.e wax on top?

• Thanks 1

Not an expert but wax product contains fillers and enhancers so increases gloss and car looks 50% better at least with it plus the other product is a very strong hydrophobic product so adds a beading dimension.

ill post an example pic that wax alone won’t produce 

E3155797-C6-CC-49-CF-B4-E8-D43802-A1192-
D57-A8-A72-8-F84-4-E9-A-A7-D8-91274-AC83
E493-FD1-A-D5-EB-41-C1-8-E6-C-47-CC569-D

• Like 2

I had a 'spirited' drive with @Gutley on our way to the Blackbushe meeting and managed to get the car airborne at one point and slid around several roundabouts, all within the speed limit of course! Squeaky bum time! In all covered nearly 200 miles and it was a great way to blow the cobwebs away. 

• Haha 1

Had my wheels refurb'd by Prowheels alloy refurbishment- nice tidy job :)

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Pictures?

rtc3p6b.png

jDwYYoC.png

Ks2yego.png

e3aCSPG.png

Edited by mrbikerdood
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

OMG!  Who was responsible for the centre cap in photo 1?

I was just wondering if he wanted me to change the tone of the cetnre cap on pic 3 to match the others too....it's a slippery slope

it starts with odd centre caps, mis-aligned crests and before you know it your the guy on the forum we all pity

8 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

I was just wondering if he wanted me to change the tone of the cetnre cap on pic 3 to match the others too....it's a slippery slope

it starts with odd centre caps, mis-aligned crests and before you know it your the guy on the forum we all pity

Oh no, I've just ordered a set of centre caps, please don't let me turn into THAT guy........ :blush:

24 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Arent they supposed to point towards the locking wheel bolt? Even more of a fail 😂 Missing a locking wheel bolt on pic 4 too 🙄

Mine hasn't got locking wheel nuts, so the new ones will be pointing towards the tyre valves instead... :whistle1:

Just out of interest, is there a special technique or tool for removing the centre caps without scratching them?

29 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Mine hasn't got locking wheel nuts, so the new ones will be pointing towards the tyre valves instead... :whistle1:

Just out of interest, is there a special technique or tool for removing the centre caps without scratching them?

I use a small allen key to carefully pull mine off the wheel from the front... 

Like John, I spent Sunday with my traction control light on and a few times looking through side windows.  Winter wheels need to leave lounge and be fitted

I finally took delivery of some vinyl cut to my spec.

pictures to follow when I install...

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Ooh i think your correct .they should to the valve . Oh no all this time mine have been wrong or am i lucky  the locking bolt is also by the valve😳