What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Driving from work in Birmingham to our cottage in Somerset, I got pulled for speeding. It was the weekend when Charles married Diana. A motorway policeman pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 101.4 mph. I was driving a Datsun 260Z.

About four months later my wife was driving back from the cottage to work in Birmingham, me in the passenger seat. On the same stretch of motorway, the same policeman issued a ticket for 104.1 mph.

I was fined £70.00 and three points. My wife hired a solicitor. She was fined £100 and three points. Those were the days. 

• Haha 1

I got nicked on the M5 in my new Sierra Cosworth.

Luckily  (according to the two policemen that pulled me) I was doing 94.5mph. If i had been doing 95mph it would have been a ban.

When I said I thought they were mistaken anyway (they were) they said "On the other hand we can say you were doing over 95mph. What would you like us to say?"

25 minutes ago, Raffe said:

You absolute bugger 😂 my interior parts have just been delivered too, feels like Christmas.

🍻 Need to find an airbag now, plenty around but my old one was leather covered so ideally I want this to be the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daz05 said:

🍻 Need to find an airbag now, plenty around but my old one was leather covered so ideally I want this to be the same.

I’ve a whole wheel and airbag, not leather, not black

• Haha 1

I ve been playing round with some GT4 style side scoops.

52551467603_4f9e59a84a_b.jpg

I m just trying to decide if they need painting white or to try them in black?

52548531907_52fb26bc18_b.jpg

These are just some test fit pictures and I have already got the white in stock but I quite like them in black.

What are your thoughts?

52550924276_57c084d476_b.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I ve been playing round with some GT4 style side scoops.

52551467603_4f9e59a84a_b.jpg

I m just trying to decide if they need painting white or to try them in black?

52548531907_52fb26bc18_b.jpg

These are just some test fit pictures and I have already got the white in stock but I quite like them in black.

What are your thoughts?

52550924276_57c084d476_b.jpg

Honestly.  

You do you.

And as a straight answer to your question. Black.

But my real answer (which you didn’t ask) is “neither” but that’s just me. 

37 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Honestly.  

You do you.

And as a straight answer to your question. Black.

But my real answer (which you didn’t ask) is “neither” but that’s just me. 

I’ve been looking at them for ages and couldn’t make my mind up. They aren’t expensive and fully reversible as I’m not drilling the body so I thought I would give them a go😂

12 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I like the the idea of contrast but they are quite obvious, especially against your wheels so think it needs blending in to match the paint and then I like it 👍

I agree I think they would blend in and look more factory in white but I was quite surprised how they look in black. I think the black also makes them look bigger than they actually are, looks like I will be out in the cold tomorrow painting them in the van 😂

Its one of those I won’t settle until I’ve tried them but I may well end up taking them off in the future. I m only fixing them to the oem vents and then taping them to the body so if I change my mind no harm done 😂👍

Edited by Lonewolfgjp
  • Like 1

Just now, Lonewolfgjp said:

I’ve been looking at them for ages and couldn’t make my mind up. They aren’t expensive and fully reversible as I’m not drilling the body so I thought I would give them a go😂

I agree I think they would blend in and look more factory in white but I was quite surprised how they look in black. I think the black also makes them look bigger than they actually are, looks like I will out in the cold tomorrow painting them in the van 😂

Its one of those I won’t settle until I’ve tried them but I may well end up taking them off in the future. I m only fixing them to the oem vents and then taping them to the body so if I change my mind no harm done 😂👍

How are you fixing them to the OEM vents and body- double sided tape?