Boxster #4

Bike Loon

4 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

So far... no Tyre Pressure monitor. 😆

Thankfully. 🙏  Biggest PITA going.

Is it worth you throwing a fiver at the guy who gets full original specs for the cars on here?

1 minute ago, Araf said:

Thankfully. 🙏  Biggest PITA going.

Is it worth you throwing a fiver at the guy who gets full original specs for the cars on here?

Already done and on the thread... the list included rear wiper delete which was a relief ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Already done and on the thread... the list included rear wiper delete which was a relief ;)

If you also fancy a VIN decode as a nicely formatted PDF https://vinanalytics.com/advanced-vin-decoder/ do that too (credit to @Paul P for putting me onto that).

Edited by iborguk

59 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

So far... no Tyre Pressure monitor. 😆

Playing spec bingo from your decode I see a limited slip diff which isn’t common ( and again I don’t have - bugger!) 

I also see “dials in  Carrara white”   Mine is a fairly high spec’ed car (also an S) and mine is spec’ed with “dials in silver”  - don’t know which of us is “normal S” but would like to compare one day   

Aside from the cost it’s certainly an unusually high spec car and hopefully the CEL doesn’t become an unreasonable issue.  

but whatever.  Enjoy the toy. 

• Like 1

Just googled that, indeed the LSD is a rare option to have!

The CEL did not bother me too much, the car drove perfectly and the code has not come back.  If the Cam position sensor does need changing its not a disaster :)

I saw one the other day where the clocks were Red!

21 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

The CEL did not bother me too much, the car drove perfectly and the code has not come back.

Surprising how often CELs get triggered when you keep starting and stopping a cold engine, while moving a car around.  Usually a misfire gets triggered but I wouldn't mind betting the car didn't go in the auction with the problem.

31 minutes ago, Araf said:

Surprising how often CELs get triggered when you keep starting and stopping a cold engine, while moving a car around.  Usually a misfire gets triggered but I wouldn't mind betting the car didn't go in the auction with the problem.

In the auction pics, there is one with it on tickover and no CEL light in that.
Mileage was the same as that photo when I picked it up so you could well be right.

The way it drives I do not think theres a problem

This morning I realised just how much I have missed the noise of a flat 6 with PSE (what's PSE? 🤣) on the way to work.

I have also noticed that on mine the slats in the front bumper and the lower arm on the mirrors are the same colour as the side vents. I would imagine it was probably another thing that was done on the order. Looks pretty good I think.

cr*p pic as its raining and I cba to go outside to take it!

52752798806_075da04d53_o_d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

have also noticed that on mine the slats in the front bumper and the lower arm on the mirrors are the same colour as the side vents. I would imagine it was probably another thing that was done on the order. Looks pretty good I think.

It's the gift that keeps on giving! Watching with interest (and envy) to see what your next discovery will be. 

This morning I realised just how much I have missed the noise of a flat 6 with PSE (what's PSE? 🤣) on the way to work.

I have also noticed that on mine the slats in the front bumper and the lower arm on the mirrors are the same colour as the side vents. I would imagine it was probably another thing that was done on the order. Looks pretty good I think.

we joke, but you can't even consider selling that - must be one of the best specced boxsters out there - dare I even suggest, better specced than a Black Edition?

Has the Alfa gone yet?

I know.. I have decided to at least keep it a few months till warmer weather and decide then. As tempting as it is to flip it, it is a lovely drive and I do not think I would ever find another one with this sort of spec.

The Alfa is still in Ashford, I left it there when I picked up the Boxster. Going up on Sunday morning to retrieve it.

It has been on Marketplace 3 days and I have 3 people that want to come and view it. All sensible enquiries, no "whats the lowest you will take" messages.

I have told them its back Sunday so hopefully it will sell then. I put it up for £1,299 and to be fair its worth all of that I think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Check those roof drains if you haven't already 👍

So yesterdays jobs were.... I have adjusted the roof elastic on both sides by one notch which has cured that problem. Although when I did that on a previous Boxster it lasted a week before it snapped and I had to sew new button elastic in. That said, I still have a load of that elastic left over so I am prepared in case it happens again!

The touch up paint I ordered arrived and touched in the small scrape on the passenger mirror edge and the little bit of paint missing of the edge of the drivers door. Bit of compound on the headlight lenses and they came up lovely as well.

Disappointed that I did not discover any more optional extras yesterday 🤣

Although the Nankangs were fine in the rain... maybe its down to the limited slip diff 😄

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 4:20 PM, Paul P said:

This ^^^

Or with a genuine apple 30 pin to lightning adapter you can hook up a modern iPhone "directly" - I have tried both setups and settled on the direct wire method - but not a lot in it.

Had a look at the cable in the centre console and it already has a 30 pin / iPhone adaptor fitted. Only thing is when I put my phone in it, and click iPod on the PCM display it says no iPod detected. 

Technology is not my strong suit mind :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Had a look at the cable in the centre console and it already has a 30 pin / iPhone adaptor fitted. Only thing is when I put my phone in it, and click iPod on the PCM display it says no iPod detected. 

Technology is not my strong suit mind :lol:

Assuming it's an original Apple 30 pin adapter I'd try a different cable.

Ahh yeah it could be a copy, Apple don't like that do they. When I plug it in the phone charges so it recognises something is happening, but when I click iPod on the PCM it says no ID connected.

The issue with non apple adapters is the lack of digital to analog converter. Basically.  Phone is digital car expects analog.  So the “cheap” adapters work as far as device connection goes but no sound is transmitted.  So yours seems to be a different issue. As above.  Perhaps the y cable is suspect (I have had one “go bad” - the round connector seems to be a bit hit and miss and I think it would be easy to bend a pin.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Ahh ok, I can live without it anyway... will just go the USB route I think

Have a look on the back of the adapter - should have an Apple model number on it , if genuine. The other possibility is whatever cable you have plugged from it into the phone is not playing with it, try another. 

Just looked on ebay, yeah I think this one did not have any writing on the back (cba to go downstairs to check right now!)

I am still not convinced its for me as I have to take my phone out the case for the adaptor to fit and my phone doesnt fit in the centre arm rest either.

Meh!