Boxster #4

Bike Loon

12 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

I am going to get the front bumper and bonnet resprayed (to get rid of the stone chips) while its in for the insurance work and get the wheels refurbished too.

There isnt a huge amount of stone chips really but being a black car they really stand out so they gotta go!

Cool, will look like a new car when done.

@½cwt will love it ;)

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst it is your right to use your preferred repairer, the insurance company could ask you to have the car inspected at their own repairers, o that the repair estimate from your garage isn't out of kilter with the going rate.  Less scrupulous people might have their body shop inflate the price and then get a kick back or additional work completed.

Sorry to hear you've already dented it.  As @Menoporsche said, they do black tips and also carbon exhaust tips for the 987.2.  I thought my last Boxster had black tips, but then I cleaned them. :inocent:

Well as it’s not my insurer who will be paying, his insurer could insist on inspecting it if it went to my insurers approved repairer too. It’s the same situation.

they are more than welcome to go and inspect it if they like, nothing to hide at all.

Email back from my insurer saying "liability is denied by the third party insurers, we will discuss liability and attempt to settle the claim in your favour."

How do you try to deny liability when you have hit someone in the rear in a 20mph limit as they brake for a sleeping Policeman? Seriously

So someone from Swiftcover rung in response to my "how did we do" email. He apologised and said the loan car should have been sorted but it got somehow missed on the system etc etc.

I then moved onto the fact that the 3rd party insurers were denying liability. Apparently he did not mention the incident where he bullied his way on my side of the road or chasing me down with "red mist" because I gave him a gesture. He told his insurers that he was just driving up the road & I was reversing out of a drive in front of him and he had no chance to avoid my car.

A random driveway, in my road, that is not near to where I live? In a 20mph limit in the middle of a sleeping policeman? Fortunately the pictures I have show his car squarely in the back of mine, the damage being square on and substantial speed involved and I have 2 witnesses so we are thinking that shouldn't really take long to get overturned.

Has not even got the decency to admit what he did. People are pr!cks

Edited by Bike Loon

Sounds like an open and shut case mate. Generally speaking, if you get rear-ended, the fault (or "blame") always goes to the person who rammed you. In this case, it sounds like you also have grounds to accuse him of "perverting the course of justice" for lying about the circumstances of the crash.

Out of interest, have you got a dash cam?  I wouldn't go anywhere without one these days. There are too many bell ends out there, as you have obviously found out.

Good luck anyway fella 👍

46 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

So someone from Swiftcover rung in response to my "how did we do" email. He apologised and said the loan car should have been sorted but it got somehow missed on the system etc etc.

I then moved onto the fact that the 3rd party insurers were denying liability. Apparently he did not mention the incident where he bullied his way on my side of the road or chasing me down with "red mist" because I gave him a gesture. He told his insurers that he was just driving up the road & I was reversing out of a drive in front of him and he had no chance to avoid my car.

A random driveway, in my road, that is not near to where I live? In a 20mph limit in the middle of a sleeping policeman? Fortunately the pictures I have show his car squarely in the back of mine, the damage being square on and substantial speed involved and I have 2 witnesses so we are thinking that shouldn't really take long to get overturned.

Has not even got the decency to admit what he did. People are pr!cks

What an utter throbber.

Take him to the feking cleaners now.

20 minutes ago, And.rs1800 said:

What an utter throbber.

Take him to the feking cleaners now.

My thoughts too.  How's your neck today? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I still can't believe what he is trying. I just took some pictures on my way home and you can see in the pictures taken at the time of impact, there is no way I could have been reversing out the only driveway on the left.

I really want to ring him and call him out but probably best I don't.

Picture from scene (this is straight after impact) note the whole of my car is beyond the post

52817567234_e6ae9862ba_o_d.jpg

Picture I just took showing the only driveways, again note the post that the whole of my car was past. It would be impossible to reverse out that driveway and straighten the car in the road!

52830571178_757e607a60_o_d.jpg

Edited by Bike Loon

Appoint an accident claims company, that will cost them a fortune.

Even if you were reversing out of a driveway in a 20 zone he should have had plenty of time to see the manoeuvre and stop, assuming he was paying due care and attention to his driving in a high hazard area (why else would it be a 20 zone???).

Yeah I do not think he has thought it through, but just further compounds my original opinion that he is indeed a tw@t. It all smacks of desperation tbh and hopefully his insurers will see that very quickly. The amount of damage caused to the back of my car and the front of his van along with the impact point being square on would not stand up to scrutiny given the speed limit of the road and someone revering out a driveway.

He does not know about the witnesses as they approached me after he had gone. Maybe he would not have been chancing his arm if he had seen them and knew they saw. I am going to stop at the house where it happened on my way home and see if they saw / heard it as well as a 3rd witness can't hurt.

@Davey P no dash cam to answer your question sir.

Edited by Bike Loon
  • Like 1

Just catching up on this @Bike Loon - sorry to hear about the incident and the insurers living up to their reputations of generally being a bit rubbish - hopefully they get it sorted quickly now.

Going back to the car, its clear damage and who knows what other damage behind the bumper that you can't see - i probably wouldn't drive it much just in case - so to ease your woes, i'll give you £500 for it and get it off your hands - hold out yaaaaa hannnnnnddddd :)

• Haha 2

Yeah I can't see the 3rd party insurers holding out long but who knows.

On the plus side I have sold those Bose speakers and sub shelf for £275 so the replacement amp cost me £75 in the end... so thats not too bad, will help keep the margin up when I sell it ;)

16 hours ago, Davey P said:

Out of interest, have you got a dash cam?  I wouldn't go anywhere without one these days. There are too many bell ends out there, as you have obviously found out.

Watch the youtube clip of the cyclist throwing himself on someone's car bonnet, then jumping up and cycling off when the camera is pointed out.

I have one of those dashcams that clip on the rear view mirror. Dead easy to fit and remove. Front and back recording and it doubles as a reversing camera switching the screen on when selecting reverse. £20 for the mirror/cameras and £15 for the fixed power supply. Too many scammers out there to be without one.

31 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Just catching up on this @Bike Loon - sorry to hear about the incident and the insurers living up to their reputations of generally being a bit rubbish - hopefully they get it sorted quickly now.

Going back to the car, its clear damage and who knows what other damage behind the bumper that you can't see - i probably wouldn't drive it much just in case - so to ease your woes, i'll give you £500 for it and get it off your hands - hold out yaaaaa hannnnnnddddd :)

Oi, back off its mine when he's finished with it.  I've noted the accident damage to negotiate down.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Haha 4

They already know about the witnesses. They texted me a link on Tuesday to fill all the info in which I did.

I have visited the garage I want to do the work and it looks like it might have to go through a claims management company. The reason being Swiftcover (aka Axa) on their "non approved repairer" email state that the hourly rate can only be the same as the approved repairer, which of course is peanuts. So it looks the likely route will be a claims management co can go directly to the 3rd party insurers and get it sorted.

The garage have submitted pictures of the damage, a parts list and an estimate to Swiftcover and will see what they say but its certainly not straight forward so far.

6 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

They already know about the witnesses. They texted me a link on Tuesday to fill all the info in which I did.

I have visited the garage I want to do the work and it looks like it might have to go through a claims management company. The reason being Swiftcover (aka Axa) on their "non approved repairer" email state that the hourly rate can only be the same as the approved repairer, which of course is peanuts. So it looks the likely route will be a claims management co can go directly to the 3rd party insurers and get it sorted.

The garage have submitted pictures of the damage, a parts list and an estimate to Swiftcover and will see what they say but it’s certainly not straight forward so far.

What’s the ££££ ?

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

You might have to be careful not to get to a write off value ☹️

Its a good job they are basing it on actual value rather than what I paid then ;) I think its very unlikely it would reach that level

I am pretty fed up with this scenario already. See, if I still had the Alfa GT I really would not care if he had hit that... you just can't have nice things these days

27 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Its a good job they are basing it on actual value rather than what I paid then ;) I think its very unlikely it would reach that level

I am pretty fed up with this scenario already. See, if I still had the Alfa GT I really would not care if he had hit that... you just can't have nice things these days

I’ve been through this and I get the frustration.

Once it’s sorted and with the other proposed work you will love it out the other side of the process.

Hang on in there 👍