Boxster #4

Bike Loon

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

I just don't want to be in the situation come renewal time when they say theres a claim against me because of their inabilities.

The questions are carefully worded by insurance companies along the lines of 'Have you been involved in a claim fault or no fault'. Of course if you don't change insurance companies you won't get asked the question...

Today I gave the newly painted bonnet & front bumper and new rear bumper a good coat of Nattys wax. When it comes to paintwork I am the worlds fussiest person (which my chosen bodyshop are well aware of over the years!) and I have to say it is flawless.
There really is nothing I can find that is not perfect about the job.

The only thing against the whole job was they left the battery cover off and loose ibh the frunk but that is it.

I also took the front number plate off and the used the Gtechniq C4 trim restorer on the mounting board and it came up lovely... was a shame to put the plate back on, but the top of it is on show behind the plate so it was worth doing.

I also used the C5 wheel armour the other day when the car came back and it is amazing how easily the brake dust etc comes off the wheels now.

No pics as in reality they will just look the same as the last ones!

Edited by Bike Loon

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Today I gave the newly painted bonnet & front bumper and new rear bumper a good coat of Nattys wax. When it comes to paintwork I am the worlds fussiest person (which my chosen bodyshop are well aware of over the years!) and I have to say it is flawless.
There really is nothing I can find that is not perfect about the job.

The only thing against the whole job was they left the battery cover off and loose ibh the frunk but that is it.

I also took the front number plate off and the used the Gtechniq C4 trim restorer on the mounting board and it came up lovely... was a shame to put the plate back on, but the top of it is on show behind the plate so it was worth doing.

I also used the C5 wheel armour the other day when the car came back and it is amazing how easily the brake dust etc comes off the wheels now.

No pics as in reality they will just look the same as the last ones!

Glad you are maintaining your standards. 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Bike Loon said:

Gotta keep the resale value up! 🤣

Good luck with that. I've a long memory, all that awful accident damage... 😂

• Haha 1

So chased up the insurance company again... and get yet another b.s email back...

"At this time Aviva are still yet to respond. They have been chased again this morning.

Aviva are I’m afraid known to take a while to respond which we can understand is frustrating however all the evidence has been submitted and hope to have a reply soon.

As they don’t take calls our communication is very limited with them.

As soon as we know more we will advise."

So a quick post on Twitter to Aviva and I have a contact number for the "3rd Party claims dept", rung it, gave the reg number of their client, got put through to the right department and had a conversation with a claims handler.
She said that they did not have the footage as nobody had clicked the link within the 30 days... I got her to send me a link to upload it directly while I was on the phone. Seemed quite helpful and gave me her email address as a contact for this so hopefully progress.

Boils my p*ss that this is what my insurance company should be doing rather than sitting on their arses doing nothing.

Anyway, today I gave it a post paint respray going over with Black Hole and a coat of wax

52980969156_e5a423584d_o_d.jpg

52981114459_a86048ae70_o_d.jpg

Not much to report. No contact back from either Insurance company..not sure why I am surprised to be honest.

I ordered a pair of new front tyres for the car, there is still about 3mm left but they have worn on the inner edges. Have it booked in for Sunday for a pair of Yokohama V107 tyres for a bargain price of £250 inc valve, balance, fitting and tracking check (no doubt they will charge extra for adjustment. Not bad for 235/35 x 19 tyres

Then it has its MOT on Monday afternoon. :)

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Not much to report. No contact back from either Insurance company..not sure why I am surprised to be honest.

I ordered a pair of new front tyres for the car, there is still about 3mm left but they have worn on the inner edges. Have it booked in for Sunday for a pair of Yokohama V107 tyres for a bargain price of £250 inc valve, balance, fitting and tracking check (no doubt they will charge extra for adjustment. Not bad for 235/35 x 19 tyres

Then it has its MOT on Monday afternoon. :)

Inner shoulder wear = toe out, so probably needs adjusting.  Rear needs to be sport on first though, so yes, it could be an expensive check...  Cost me £85 at a KF recently to do both ends.

Edited by ½cwt

Cheaper than replacing tyres early though I guess ;)

Exactly.

And I wouldn't want receipts in the history showing possible areas where it might not have been looked after to the best standard... 😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Call from Aviva (3rd party insurer) confirming that the VW Transporter driver has now admitted liability given the evidence presented and they are going to sort payment with my insurers.

Most excellent result.  Sometimes having 'Big Brother' watching can help out.

Thing is, I know if I had not pushed both insurance companies, this would have dragged on way longer.

I didn't get a change to ask the Aviva guy what they were going to do about their client falsifying a statement as I had to get off the phone.

Thing is, I know if I had not pushed both insurance companies, this would have dragged on way longer.

I didn't get a change to ask the Aviva guy what they were going to do about their client falsifying a statement as I had to get off the phone.

Ideally refuse to insure him in future.

32 minutes ago, IroningMan said:

Only useful if it stops him driving…

May be, but if they refuse to cover him for the balance of his policy he will have to declare he has been refused insurance so it will at least cost him.  Have you ever been refused insurance is one of the questions we all probably skip through without thought when taking out a new policy.

They never charged me the excess on the basis that it was so likely to go my way.

Wish the phone call had come at a better time as the guy said "now our customer has admitted liability, we wanted to se if there was anything we can do to help the process of getting your car repaired".

Yeah great, its already done. I will still be pushing my insurance for written confirmation that it is closed as a non fault incident

• 2 weeks later...

Email from Swiftcover this morning confirming in writing that the 3rd party insurers have accepted liability.

Nothing else really to report, not used the car for anything much apart from going back and forth to work. Car is perfoming perfectly and the PSE with the roof down is really good.

In fact it has only covered 1,000 miles in the 4 months I have had it so far... granted I did not hae it for 3 weeks while it was being fixed but still!

7 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Email from Swiftcover this morning confirming in writing that the 3rd party insurers have accepted liability.

Nothing else really to report, not used the car for anything much apart from going back and forth to work. Car is perfoming perfectly and the PSE with the roof down is really good.

In fact it has only covered 1,000 miles in the 4 months I have had it so far... granted I did not hae it for 3 weeks while it was being fixed but still!

Drive it to the seaside, oh wait...

• Haha 1