Boxster #4

Bike Loon

32 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Just looked on ebay, yeah I think this one did not have any writing on the back (cba to go downstairs to check right now!)

I am still not convinced its for me as I have to take my phone out the case for the adaptor to fit and my phone doesnt fit in the centre arm rest either.

Meh!

If it were mine and I was keeping it I’d do the Mr 12 Volt CarPlay thing.

Once you’ve had CarPlay it’s hard to go back…but if you're not into the tech I get it.

Edited by iborguk

50 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Just looked on ebay, yeah I think this one did not have any writing on the back (cba to go downstairs to check right now!)

I am still not convinced its for me as I have to take my phone out the case for the adaptor to fit and my phone doesnt fit in the centre arm rest either.

Meh!

The Bovee bluetooth adapter thing is probably the way to for you - phone stays in your pocket - car sees an iPod - phone call is through the car hands free, music through the "bovee".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Meh!

I think that is called a First World problem!

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

The Bovee bluetooth adapter thing is probably the way to for you - phone stays in your pocket - car sees an iPod - phone call is through the car hands free, music through the "bovee".

But am I boveed? Am I? 

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

Edit: So the basic Bovee 1000 are all the same, its the connector cable thats car specific? As I have the cable, I just need the unit right?

Edited by Bike Loon

11 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Edit: So the basic Bovee 1000 are all the same, its the connector cable thats car specific? As I have the cable, I just need the unit right?

Yup.  The bovee fakes an iPod to the connected “device” in this case “the car”

If you have the cable then all you need is the unit   

I may be able to help you out there   Sent you a PM 

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Yup.  The bovee fakes an iPod to the connected “device” in this case “the car”

If you have the cable then all you need is the unit   

I may be able to help you out there   Sent you a PM 

Or rather I would have done but you can’t receive messages.  So.  I have an equivalent device. This is the one I have INVERY Airdual Bluetooth 5.0 aptX-HD Adapter for 30 pin iPod iPhone Music Interface Include Audi VW Mercedes Land Rover( AMI iPod iPhone Cable NOT Included) https://amzn.eu/d/68iskzJ

it’s appears to be identical to the bovee (I did a side by side comparison a while back)

i am not using it.  If you want to try it then I am happy to send it to you and if it works and you like it then you can have it for £45 - if not then send it back to me  

let me know if that’s of interest   

So today I went over the car with a clay bar. Always amazes me how smooth the paintwork is afterwards. No pictures as I CBA to take any. I have ordered one of those tiny paint applicators from another thread for the few stonechips. After I have done that it will be getting a good coat of Poorboys Black hole and nattys wax... if it stops raining on my week off long enough.

Took the car out in the dark for the first time, those Bi Xenon cornering headlights are wicked! So bright, way better than my old 987 headlights.

I might have also tried it in Sports Plus and Manual mode... wow, that is a fast gear change! PDK is impressive.

I have not tried launch control though 😆

Edited by Bike Loon

6 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

So today I went over the car with a clay bar. Always amazes me how smooth the paintwork is afterwards. No pictures as I CBA to take any. I have ordered one of those tiny paint applicators from another thread for the few stonechips. After I have done that it will be getting a good coat of Poorboys Black hole and nattys wax... if it stops raining on my week off long enough.

Took the car out in the dark for the first time, those Bi Xenon cornering headlights are wicked! So bright, way better than my old 987 headlights.

I might have also tried it in Sports Plus and Manual mode... wow, that is a fast gear change! PDK is impressive.

Sounds like you’re having fun and that’s what these cars should be about. 

If it helps your CBA I found a photo of your car , at night with the lights off 🤭

A_black_image.jpg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Sports plus in manual is an adrenaline pump for sure.

I remember my beer buddy’s face when I did it the 1st time.  had us in fits of stupid giggles for at least a pint afterwards. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Sports plus in manual is an adrenaline pump for sure.

I remember my beer buddy’s face when I did it the 1st time.  had us in fits of stupid giggles for at least a pint afterwards. 

Was he stood up at the time ? 

16 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Blackhole glaze and nattys wax are my go to for black cars - so easy to apply

I've not tried a clay bar yet, i know i should, but worried i'll just end up scratching the paint more by dragging debris across the panel

34 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

I've not tried a clay bar yet, i know i should, but worried i'll just end up scratching the paint more by dragging debris across the panel

34 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Try a clay mitt... far quicker and just as good if not better...!!! I second the black hole and natty wax.

35 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

...the trick is plenty of lube.. as most things in life and don't be fooled into buying claybar fluid... it's just a detail spray, even seen pros using warm water with excellent results.

49 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

I use the Auto Glym kit and it comes with the detailing spray which is your lubricant. 
you will be amazed by how smooth the paint is afterwards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skoosh1970 said:

...the trick is plenty of lube.. as most things in life and don't be fooled into buying claybar fluid... it's just a detail spray, even seen pros using warm water with excellent results.

Or even a solution of car shampoo and water.

Try the crinkly sandwich bag trick to see if you really need to clay.

So when I got the car, both seats had colour missing on the sides of the seats. Not sure if it was from wear as the leather itself was not worn at all. I ordered some black seat leather dye which turned up today. I have only done 1 of the 2 coats required so far and its looking brilliant.

Picture from the auction

52764321039_95d705a081_o_d.png

And this is after first touch up (ooerr missus)

52763523897_1f4532319a_o_d.jpg

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Yeah I bought it when I had the Spider and it came up really well. One of the plus sides of having another black car is I can use left over products :lol:

• Like 1

Busy morning today as it was actually vaguely sunny but windy.
First I cleaned the roof and reproofed it (Protex kit left over from the Alfa!) The kit comes with as decent scrubbing brush which helps and both the cleaner and the reproofer are brush on which means no overspray like the trigger bottle versions.

After that I gave the body a wash followed by a going over with Poorboys blackhole and then a coating of Nattys Wax.

Checked the tyre pressures... lowest was 18psi ad best was 22 so no doubt it will drive even better now I have adjusted them :lol:

I gave the side of the seats their 2nd treatment with the leather dye and it has come up really well, you cannot tell where the colour was missing before. The pot of dye was only about £4 on ebay.

Just as I finished and took a few pictures it started to rain of course!

52766388115_94690cb41b_o_d.jpg

Exhaust tips dont come up too well, might change them in the future.

52765436867_547ce1be8f_o_d.jpg

I have ordered some black side indicators, still not sure I will like the look or not but its only a couple of mins to change them.

Its going in for an oil and filter change / check over tomorrow.

Reckon I could just about get my money back on it now ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

So when I got the car, both seats had colour missing on the sides of the seats. Not sure if it was from wear as the leather itself was not worn at all. I ordered some black seat leather dye which turned up today. I have only done 1 of the 2 coats required so far and its looking brilliant.

Picture from the auction

52764321039_95d705a081_o_d.png

And this is after first touch up (ooerr missus)

52763523897_1f4532319a_o_d.jpg

Nice work with the leather dye, got to love an eBay bargain. I spent £20 on a bottle of liquid leather dye as I have the same issue on the drivers side bolster and I still haven’t got around to using it🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Busy morning today as it was actually vaguely sunny but windy.
First I cleaned the roof and reproofed it (Protex kit left over from the Alfa!) The kit comes with as decent scrubbing brush which helps and both the cleaner and the reproofer are brush on which means no overspray like the trigger bottle versions.

After that I gave the body a wash followed by a going over with Poorboys blackhole and then a coating of Nattys Wax.

Checked the tyre pressures... lowest was 18psi ad best was 22 so no doubt it will drive even better now I have adjusted them :lol:

I gave the side of the seats their 2nd treatment with the leather dye and it has come up really well, you cannot tell where the colour was missing before. The pot of dye was only about £4 on ebay.

Just as I finished and took a few pictures it started to rain of course!

52766388115_94690cb41b_o_d.jpg

Exhaust tips dont come up too well, might change them in the future.

52765436867_547ce1be8f_o_d.jpg

I have ordered some black side indicators, still not sure I will like the look or not but its only a couple of mins to change them.

Its going in for an oil and filter change / check over tomorrow.

Reckon I could just about get my money back on it now ;)

Glad to see you are looking after my next car for me 😉  You'd not only get your money back but a handy profit too I reckon, but hold on to it for me for a while.

• Haha 1

Got registred on "My Porsche"

The front grills are "Exterior Package Alu look opaque" and the mirrors are "Wing Mirror Alu look opaque"

Looks like it has had the wheels changed at some point as it came with "19 inch Turbo Wheels - Forged 2 tone"

If they are the ones I think, I prefer the ones that are on it!

Yeah reckon I could ask maybe as high as £15,500 ;)

Edited by Bike Loon