What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Went for a drive in all seasons today, roof down on the way to the beach in the sun then heavy rain and hailstones on the way home.  I also took a photo of the car with the roof up, don’t think I’ve ever done that before!

IMG_1290

• Like 3

Not actually doing any work today but got it up on the new Kwik Lift so I know that's all working properly now. Very impressed with the working height.hcB5Bvi.jpeg

xCPzWPk.jpeg

• Like 4

Put the car up onto four axle stands, removed the undertrays to inspect the brake and coolant pipes - all looked very good which for a 2010 car was a bit of a surprise. Sprayed lanoguard onto the underside prior to refitting the trays.

IMG_7404a.jpg

On 4/1/2024 at 3:57 PM, red rocket said:

Not actually doing any work today but got it up on the new Kwik Lift so I know that's all working properly now. Very impressed with the working height.hcB5Bvi.jpeg

xCPzWPk.jpeg

Looks great and easy to use.

I can help but think this is a great investment of £1200.  Man maths says so anyway and as they say 'Resistance is futile.'  I am trying to resist, but I do have a nice level drive...

5 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I can help but think this is a great investment of £1200.  Man maths says so anyway and as they say 'Resistance is futile.'  I am trying to resist, but I do have a nice level drive...

I have garage envy, not even got to the ramps yet :(

8 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Only problem is the motor died on me yesterday evening. Absolutely no power whatsoever, not a peep out of it. I assume some sort of internal electrical issue or failure in the controller.  :( 

Spoke to supplier earlier and they are sending me a new motor (which comes with controls). They'll arrange collection of the duff one once I'm satisfied the new one is OK. Bit of a pain but so far they've been pretty good answering my earlier queries and now this issue so fingers crossed.

Fitted new discs & pads all round, discs were very badly corroded on the inside which you cant see till you take them off!!

But the bloody handbrake shoes, whos stupid idea was it to use the springs & clips from hell, I have decided i will happily pay someone to change the handbrake shoes in future, took me 1/2 a day.

Im awaiting my Carnewal GT exhaust and an Aliexpress headunit so a busy couple of weekends if the sun ever comes out

4 minutes ago, Geordie40 said:

Fitted new discs & pads all round, discs were very badly corroded on the inside which you cant see till you take them off!!

But the bloody handbrake shoes, whos stupid idea was it to use the springs & clips from hell, I have decided i will happily pay someone to change the handbrake shoes in future, took me 1/2 a day.

Im awaiting my Carnewal GT exhaust and an Aliexpress headunit so a busy couple of weekends if the sun ever comes out

Something like these 😱?

DJcyEqt.jpg 

Handbrake shoes (this design is common on many marques) is one of those jobs that once you've worked it out takes minutes rather than hours the next time.

22 hours ago, Jow said:

Oooo looks good! 

is it high enough to drop the gear box? 

yes it is 😉 - the problem is its a bit high and if you dont have a gearbox cradle for your normal jack its a 2 person job to hold it and stop it falling off!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geordie40 said:

If it's any consolation one of mine failed the day I picked the car up so Eporsch did it while I waited. I don't think they were any quicker than you. I did learn some new cuss words too.

On 4/1/2024 at 3:57 PM, red rocket said:

xCPzWPk.jpeg

I thought I saw someone on yt using something like this that was pumped up with a big lever rather than a motor. Did I imagine it?

Mine went to MLR in Fenton for a pamper day.

Full service, oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, aux belt, brake fluid, PDF oil, gear set oil and a good look over.

Came back with a clean bill of health and ready to be driven!

Feels a LOT smoother all round as well.

Passed its MOT on 95K up from 92 K last yr .No advisory’s .

I did a lub change moved up to 5W 40 , A40 Porsche approved .

Filter and o ring + crush washer from the OPC using the “ classic “ 10% - discount  . Noticed the OEM is the same Mahle cartridge I bought last yr from Eurocarparts.Just a different package. 

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

switched the PASM on and gave it some beans on the twisties on the way home.... combined with the Yokohama's it really does go round corners soooooooooooooo well!

You're not parting with it anytime soon are you?