What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

3 hours ago, Geordie40 said:

A little worse, the metal had begun to flake away on the insides 😲

Look closer...

• Haha 1

Wanted to change the gearbox oil but failed.Hopefully be able to complete in a few days after I've received the VAG spline..

Had my MOT done yesterday...FAIL on hand brake not working. Only 3-4 weeks ago it was adjusted and was working correctly, now it looks as nothing happens, just as the cable snapped. 

Had an advisory on pitted front disks but I know that anyway, waiting for the next service to replace disks and pads.

14 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Had my MOT done yesterday...FAIL on hand brake not working. Only 3-4 weeks ago it was adjusted and was working correctly, now it looks as nothing happens, just as the cable snapped. 

Sounds a bit suspect having just had it worked on or maybe a previous owner was a bit heavy handed I guess.. Good luck with it.

16mm Spline socket delivered so changed the gearbox oil at last.

Rounded  what looks like a brass connector attempting to change the steering fluid so gave up on it.Think I'll try and suck it out the reservoir bit by bit unless anyone has any good ideas?

Sent the wheels oil off for a refurb.

Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S fitted to the front and a fresh MOT.

advised the rears are low and one has a nail .

MPS4S for the rear are £385 per tyre, but to replace the existing MPS2 (N2) is £240 a tyre with discounts .

It's a slight change but still Michelins all round, and after spending  £1k on cross over pipes, I need to save where possible

9 hours ago, Pinewood said:

Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S fitted to the front and a fresh MOT.

advised the rears are low and one has a nail .

MPS4S for the rear are £385 per tyre, but to replace the existing MPS2 (N2) is £240 a tyre with discounts .

It's a slight change but still Michelins all round, and after spending  £1k on cross over pipes, I need to save where possible

May be looking at Goodyear next time if pennies are that tight?

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

May be looking at Goodyear next time if pennies are that tight?

New house roof and loft boarding has put a dent in my finances (it was planned but still hurts lol)

cross over pipes replaced and now the tyres , insurance next week ..... everything has come together, hence the need to save where possible, but they have to be Michelins on a 3.4L Boxster imo

19 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

New house roof and loft boarding has put a dent in my finances (it was planned but still hurts lol)

cross over pipes replaced and now the tyres , insurance next week ..... everything has come together, hence the need to save where possible, but they have to be Michelins on a 3.4L Boxster imo

The law of sods - always happens like that :(

Could they not have told you about the rears when they failed it on the fronts and saved you the hassle? 

MOT week turned out a bit more expensive than expected.

Oil change

Air filter 
Pollen filter

Brake fluid change

New front lower suspension mount

Two new rear Michelin tyres 

Oh and the MOT too…….

At least it passed with no advisories (again) Roll on summer!!!

Edited by Ti Rich

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

Cleaned it! The joys of owning a black car - it’s only actually clean for 3 nanoseconds :(

HdXC4hL.jpeg

I had a black car once, it used to get dirty sitting in the garage, unbelievably!

quick request from me - please can someone buy these wheels, so i can't! 😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386907504192

no affiliation or anything, but i'm really thinking these would go nicely on a 987.1, with a 255/35 front tyre and a 285/35 rear tyre... would be great for trackdays...

but i must stop spending money, already planning spacers and lowering springs, i don't need more stuff!

2 minutes ago, Geordie40 said:

Carnewal exhaust fitted last weekend, very happy with the sound now 

Did you have it shipped or fitted in person?

Reason I ask is because after 1000 miles, it will sound even better.

Just now, eob said:

Did you have it shipped or fitted in person?

Reason I ask is because after 1000 miles, it will sound even better.

fitted it myself, Ive done about 100 miles and Gert did say it will get better with miles but he didnt say how many miles

Just now, Geordie40 said:

fitted it myself, Ive done about 100 miles and Gert did say it will get better with miles but he didnt say how many miles

I made a road trip out of it. When I left Belgium it was very raw but by the time I was heading back up the M74 it was sublime.

• Like 1