What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Drivers side window regulator went crunch today :(

I changed them myself when I had the 986S (3 times actually!) but not sure I will do it on this one. Depends on the cost I guess. 

iced window or just failed on its own accord?

Drivers side window regulator went crunch today

Don't you have the 'auto window regulator replacement' option on your car? Finally, something they missed... 🙂 

• Haha 3

Took it for a service including oil change.

Only things noted were the rear tyres which are ageing and need replaced if I don't want them as an advisory on the MOT next month. Shame as there is plenty of tread on them.
And the tech said that the oil looked "burnt" despite only having covered 3000 miles since last service.
He asked if I ragged it around. I do give it a spirited blast but only when its been warmed up properly.

Anything to be concerned about?

Other than that he commented on how clean it was underneath and said the Carnewal work was outstanding.

Edited by eob

18 minutes ago, eob said:

Took it for a service including oil change.

Only things noted were the rear tyres which are ageing and need replaced if I don't want them as an advisory on the MOT next month. Shame as there is plenty of tread on them.

Sounds like some fun in an empty car park before replacing  :whistle:

18 minutes ago, eob said:

And the tech said that the oil looked "burnt" despite only having covered 3000 miles since last service.
He asked if I ragged it around. I do give it a spirited blast but only when its been warmed up properly.

Maybe he hasn't seen black oil before  :unsure:

Asking a male if he 'rag' a sports car would be like asking water if it's wet IMHO. 

Is the oil temp hack available on the 987 like the early 986's.

2 hours ago, EXY said:

Is the oil temp hack available on the 987 like the early 986's.

From what I understand the 987.1 only has an oil pressure switch, not transmitter.
Someone more knowledgable may correct me though.

39 minutes ago, eob said:

From what I understand the 987.1 only has an oil pressure switch, not transmitter.
Someone more knowledgable may correct me though.

you can read the oil temp live with icarsoft, it would be very handy to have it displayed on the dash.

15 hours ago, eob said:

the oil looked "burnt"

So many questions:

1. What does that even mean?
2. How does that happen? Didn't he know?
3. He seriously asked if you ragged it? A sports car? You should be officially warned if you don't...

2 hours ago, nelmo said:

So many questions:

1. What does that even mean?
2. How does that happen? Didn't he know?
3. He seriously asked if you ragged it? A sports car? You should be officially warned if you don't...

I think it was a comment on how dark it was considering the low miles since the last change?

TBH, I had only asked him if there were any sparkles in the filter and was glad when he said no.

Edited by eob

Cleaned all the accumulated cack out of the front scuttle, unblocked all of the water drains, realised many plastic clips and fasteners missing including one of the damper top covers.  All stupidly expensive to replace!

Have you tried the bay? Even so, a whole car with all the bits intact as original is a great feeling!

On 3/9/2024 at 5:12 PM, Slomofo said:

Cleaned all the accumulated cack out of the front scuttle, unblocked all of the water drains, realised many plastic clips and fasteners missing including one of the damper top covers.  All stupidly expensive to replace!

If you haven’t already done so I would suggest pricing clips etc up at OPC.  Sometimes they are a lot cheaper than the online suppliers. 

• Thanks 1

* Gets CEL * 

Read the code, Cylinder 3 misfire whilst the car sounded a bit poor. 

Goes to check and despite me doing the job,  LEE had forgotten to plug that coil pack in 😂 

• Haha 2

I rarely have the music up loud, but there was one of my favs on the way home on Monday and cranked it up... same feeling, that Bose on the 987.2 with the sub is a pretty good set up!

for me this morning, it was Mantronix - Got to have your love

Just needed a whistle and glow stick, and i'd have been 18 again :)

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

for me this morning, it was Mantronix - Got to have your love

Just needed a whistle and glow stick, and i'd have been 18 again :)

Mantronix - that takes me back, a bit further back lurks ManParrish ‘HipHop BeBop( Don’t stop)’

More like Hip Op nowadays…..

• Haha 2