What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

5 hours ago, iborguk said:

The originals are only available with the “arms”. As @Mattman42 said don’t get the metal ones, these are designed to break when then roof mechanism is under stress. However they also break when the plastic is old and brittle.

Also check them arms aren’t bent when reinstalling.

Since mine broke last year, I now carry a spare pair of the ball joint cups in the glove compartment just in case. They are only pennies to buy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cocky said:

Just placed a camskill order for a set of Kumho PS71's so technically haven't actually done anything but will be doing very shortly 😂

I know that feeling - my PSE has been sitting in the garage for nearly a month because I’ve put the exhaust tips, which I bought seperately, in a very safe place!

I expect I’ll get the lawnmower out next month and they’ll be underneath, or something.

• Haha 2

What haven’t you done today!!

@Chukkieegg attempted to repair his snapped window regulator, got it all stripped out and started replacing, only to find it didn’t fit, who new there were two types for the early 987 , we didn’t…. We do , made car safe to drive …..to be resumed later 😫😂

• Haha 2

track tyres are on! car looks a little weird with such a low profile tyre on the rear (arch gap is massive) but hey ho. i didnt buy it just to look pretty, its all about how it handles on track. 

kept the old rear tyres to put back on when i'm done larking around, for three reasons... they're michelin pilot sports, dated 2022, and still have about 6mm of tread. and they're in an unusual porsche size, so cost a fortune new.

binned the fronts, as they were 2017 - will buy new ones when required.

2 hours ago, brillomaster said:

track tyres are on! car looks a little weird with such a low profile tyre on the rear (arch gap is massive) but hey ho. i didnt buy it just to look pretty, its all about how it handles on track. 

kept the old rear tyres to put back on when i'm done larking around, for three reasons... they're michelin pilot sports, dated 2022, and still have about 6mm of tread. and they're in an unusual porsche size, so cost a fortune new.

binned the fronts, as they were 2017 - will buy new ones when required.

Are you running standard suspension?

3 hours ago, brillomaster said:

indeed.... next stop might be some lowering springs!

I recently fitted the H&R lowered springs with a set of Bilstein B6's. On my 986.

Running standard PASM and Triple 8's on my 987. Seems excellent on track.

Edited by phazed

Bought 4 new wheel bolts as I've decided to do a locking wheel bolt delete.

Also pumped up the flat n/s/f. Checked for nails but I suspect its corrosion on the rim as its the only wheel which is a bit flaky on the barrel.

Going to tax it later and maybe get it out of hibernation. MOT booked for next Wednesday.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:02 AM, eob said:

Bought 4 new wheel bolts as I've decided to do a locking wheel bolt delete.

Also pumped up the flat n/s/f. Checked for nails but I suspect its corrosion on the rim as its the only wheel which is a bit flaky on the barrel.

Going to tax it later and maybe get it out of hibernation. MOT booked for next Wednesday.

Took it out last night. Started on the button.
Awesome.

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Had the heated steering wheel and heated seat on this morning... Spring my @rse

Mine is still asleep. Will this weather get any better?

10 minutes ago, phazed said:

Mine is still asleep. Will this weather get any better?

No 

Had mine out this afternoon here in the Pays de Loire roof down and heated seats on 10°C and lovely pothole free dry roads.

Now back tucked back up in the workshop.

On 2/28/2024 at 1:05 PM, bally4563 said:

What haven’t you done today!!

@Chukkieegg attempted to repair his snapped window regulator, got it all stripped out and started replacing, only to find it didn’t fit, who new there were two types for the early 987 , we didn’t…. We do , made car safe to drive …..to be resumed later 😫😂

Interested to know where you sorce the regulator from. I need one for the drivers side but the ones for 2005 cars seem hard to come by without going oem and swallowing the associated cost.

17 minutes ago, Jcn27 said:

Interested to know where you sorce the regulator from. I need one for the drivers side but the ones for 2005 cars seem hard to come by without going oem and swallowing the associated cost.

Design 911 ensure you ring them and give reg as I found out on the repair off my pals there are two types , I think Lee paid £95

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Design 911 ensure you ring them and give reg as I found out on the repair off my pals there are two types , I think Lee paid £95

Yep! Had this over Christmas, parts seem to be getting harder to come by. There are two types for the drivers side door - OEM £355 plus vat - the other much cheaper - mine was obviously the more expensive one!! I needed them for both doors and Cotswold Porsche sourced a second hand pair from Latvia for me as there was nothing available for my 07 at a sensible price 

Testing the van-like capabilities of the Boxster on a trip to B&Q

bOpXS2L.jpeg

and finally the sun came out so was able  to get the roof down for the first time in ages 

VTJH36X.jpeg

3 hours ago, nelmo said:

Nice day for a drive and meet a few peeps:

20240303_092801.jpg.961c5d98945f516b16dcf1b46bf3bb7f.jpg

Was that Newlands corner?

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Testing the van-like capabilities of the Boxster on a trip to B&Q

bOpXS2L.jpeg

and finally the sun came out so was able  to get the roof down for the first time in ages 

VTJH36X.jpeg

Had the roof down on mine for the first time this year :)