What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Ackermann judder is worse in winter (even on newer tyres) when the road and tyre surfaces are colder, remember summer rubber grip drops off quite significantly at 7°C and below, hence @Patt noting no issues with his even quite old winters which work better to much lower temperatures.

On 12/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, ½cwt said:

Ackermann judder is worse in winter (even on newer tyres) when the road and tyre surfaces are colder, remember summer rubber grip drops off quite significantly at 7°C and below, hence @Patt noting no issues with his even quite old winters which work better to much lower temperatures.

Yup

I've noticed my summery tyres feeling more crashy on the 981. I'm putting this down to it being cold and the tyres are less supple. Probably all in my mind.

1 hour ago, ATM said:

Yup

I've noticed my summery tyres feeling more crashy on the 981. I'm putting this down to it being cold and the tyres are less supple. Probably all in my mind.

It is the gripiness of the tread compound on the road that drops off as well as being slightly stiffer.

Just fetched it back to newness after a couple of days in the Lakes , can’t have it looking like shyatee in the garage ! OCD large 😂

• Like 1

Serviced the PDK ,both oils and oil pan/filter , cars done 99k no record of it being done, old oil was dark , but not smelly, no debris on the magnets, take that as a tick in the box for peace of mind

A one hour dash to Precision Porsche for some help with the hardtop. Only partly fruitful but another hour's drive home. Such fun to give the car a blast after the days of endless rain, when its been tucked away in the garage.

Precision's new workshops are quite salubrious.

28 minutes ago, McDonald said:

A one hour dash to Precision Porsche for some help with the hardtop.

Possibly you meant to post this in the 987 subforum @McDonald ?

If not, please tell us more about the 981 hardtop ... :) Or are you breaking the news to us that you've joined @Davey P on the dark side? :lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

If not, please tell us more about the 981 hardtop ... :) Or are you breaking the news to us that you've joined @Davey P on the dark side? :lol:

Nothing wrong with the dark side mate, we are living the dream over here 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Davey P said:

Nothing wrong with the dark side mate, we are living the dream over here 😂

Sorry, I meant to type "the dark inside" ... :laugh:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Possibly you meant to post this in the 987 subforum @McDonald ?

Sorry, I'm lost in the snow on the South coast. Half-inch drifts expected overnight.

• Haha 5

A trip to the ramps of Eporsch confirmed that this time both my zorst actuators are leaking vacuum.

Waiting the next warranty replacements.

Discovered that my battery was almost flat after a week away on holiday.

It JUST managed to start the car at the first attempt last night and I ran the engine for a while to give it a kick.

Measuring 11.6V this morning and I'm thinking that I should give it an occasional boost when not in everyday use as it stands on a grass driveway in all weathers.

There's a CTEK socket in the frunk, but the charger didn't come with the car. 🤨

Are there any variations of the CTEK devices? Should I be looking for a specific S/H model to fit this socket?

PXL-20240114-120324299.jpg

Edited by cozzykim